You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
TivaSmall blind 25.0025.001975.00lynern1Big blind 50.0075.001950.00 Your hole cards710   123bikerbaFold    parrotman1Fold    hhyftrftdrRaise 100.00175.001900.00Phlerp_74Fold    TivaCall 75.00250.001900.00lynern1Call 50.00300.001900.00Flop  96A   TivaBet 225.00525.001675.00lynern1Fold   
Very first hand of a timed tourney, so no reads or history with villain. Only start 40bb deep too.

Comments

• edited July 2013

In a time tourney, why get involved the first hand with 7 10 Suited?

Easy fold pre. In these tournies, just wait for premium hands and maximise value, and the last thing you want to be doing is dribbling away chips. What are you doing when you miss? Which we are most times.

In these types of games people dont like folding. As Played just shove, where you prob plenty of outs, unless they have you totally dominated, higher flush draw/ set, 2 pair.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: What would you do?:
    In a time tourney, why get involved the first hand with 7 10 Suited? Easy fold pre. In these tournies, just wait for premium hands and maximise value, and the last thing you want to be doing is dribbling away chips. What are you doing when you miss? Which we are most times. In these types of games people dont like folding. As Played just shove, where you prob plenty of outs, unless they have you totally dominated, higher flush draw/ set, 2 pair.
    Posted by LARSON7
    +1 pretty much word for word
  • edited July 2013
    ''In a time tourney, why get involved the first hand with 7 10 Suited?''

Because it's folded to me with 10 7s, dur ;)

''What are you doing when you miss?''

Bluffing 3 streets, obvs ;)

''As Played just shove, where you prob plenty of outs, unless they have you totally dominated, higher flush draw/ set, 2 pair.''

Might be more to this hand than meets the eye ;)

I'm gonna stop winking now.
  • edited July 2013
    Hi H

Firstly don't play it!

Secondly i suppose with 12 outs to improve to probably a winning hand its approx 48% so i suppose ship and look for a good result or a nice cup of tea.

I still wouldn't play it though.
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Fold pre is the standard line
    however if you want to be active fine
    but it needs a 3x raise pre
    you don't want callers after all
    and you cannot get much of a better flop for your hand
    so show them how aggro you can be
    and if you get it through they'll be a little cautious with you in the following hands
  • edited July 2013
    He did raise with tosh but only got called,But if u raise with that imo thats the perfect flop so jam it IN....
  • edited July 2013
    Fold pre

Jam flop as played. 
  • edited July 2013
    fine to minraise pre imo.

I would call flop as played 

• edited July 2013
    Yeah don't see any problem raising pre at all assuming we know how to play postflop and from your clinic posts you seem to know...

I flat the flop too cos for us to be semi-bluffing it means we have to get folds sometimes and I doubt they're ever folding.
  • edited July 2013
    Call otf and bink ott
  • edited July 2013
    fine to minraise pre imo. I would call flop as played 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    why minraise with blinds so low - just because everyone is shallow?

and isn´t call the flop a bit passive?

(ie you have a different line - just wondering on your rationale)
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I think a minraise is fine cos we're only 40xBB deep and just like in any MTT when stacks start getting shallower we wanna lower our raise sizes so we can play more pots and use our post flop edge more, steal chips cheaper and get away from hands cheaper.

I like the call too cos if we shove it's a semi bluff and that means we need to get folds sometimes for it to be good, and I don't think many people are donkbetting near full pot then folding to a shove, so dont think we're getting folds but we have too many outs to fold.
  • edited July 2013
    See what you mean but
    Still don't like the idea of mr with junk and then not following through when I flop the world, well almost

• edited July 2013
    It won't let me post the rest of the hand history for some unknown reason. But it went like this. I jammed the flop. He tanks. Tanks a bit more. Finally calls just before the time runs out. Shows 7 8 for the up n' down.

10 high is still ahead by the river. I was ahead all along; you nits saying fold pre, pah! ;)
  • edited July 2013
    call

- raise/shove if you think vill gonna fold some of the time

what's all the fuss about, it's a std flip yo !

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: What would you do? : why minraise with blinds so low - just because everyone is shallow? and isn´t call the flop a bit passive? (ie you have a different line - just wondering on your rationale)
    Posted by GELDY
    1. Yes because its shallow and it's good to take the initiative.
    2. No, it's not passive, we have no need to gamble by getting it all in, if he has the ace he is never folding, and we are going to have to hit. If we call flop, we get to see a lot of turns for free, or take it down on the turn whichever seems right at the time. If we had the ace, we would nearly always flat, and we can have the ace.