You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIVE TONIGHT- Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross from 7pm Ch 861!

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Phew, what a scorrrrrrrrcher!

Afternoon all and welcome to the hottest day of the day! Enjoy the weather and then get ready to cool down on a summer's evening by playing the main event and watching all the action on 861!

From 8 we've got live coverage of the main eventthe £10,000 Primo

Extensive coverage of one tournament then, all the way till we drop at midnight.

And leading up to the kick-off, we'll bring you the highlights of Thursday's £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter final table between 7-8pm.

Bringing it all to you will be

Me. Richard Orford...

Fit those pants quite well, don't I?

And himRoss Jarvis.

Who fits his pants quite well too. 

So I'm told.

Now- special day today- not only is it the hottest of the year, and obv a Primo day. But a rather unlikely hat-trick is now looking good...

(1) Tikay through to Day 2 of the WSOP!

(2) A British player wins Wimbledon for the first time in 77 years!

(3) .....?

Complete the unlikely hat-trick!

What would need to happen next to make this most remarkable hat-trick ever? (Let's just assume Murray wins- I realise of course this may be horribly and painfully out-of-date come 6pm, but let's live in hope).

Is it, for example, Newcastle United shock everyone and win the Premier League?

TommyD doesn't appear at some stage during a Sky Poker broadcast?

You end your losing run of 16 £22 DYMs with a narrow victory in a 60p one?

You get the gist.

Stick YOUR suggestions on here, along with questions for Ross, hand requests and all your excellent banter, without which this show just would not go.

Or do it via email skyopen@bskyb.com, or twitter #skypokertv

So, my lovely poker friends, stay in the shade, preserve your energy and wits, and see you tonight for some big main event action

Comments

• edited July 2013
    As the great man Rich says get your emails sent in to us the second that you stop drinking cold beers, watching tennis and eating BBQs! We need you! 

See you in a few hours! Ross
  • edited July 2013
    @%%%%))))'''',?
    And the one day of the year you could post late
    as no one is listening
    murray#############
    damn that net cord

and please
    teeks getting to day 2
    is great
    but doesn't really compare with winning Wimbledon until he final tables
    which is my #3

• edited July 2013
    Ok rich
    over to you

• edited July 2013
    If a Brit can win Wimbledon anything's possible so the third of an unlikely hat-trick has to be Tikay receiving a knighthood for services to the cement industry. Or is it concrete? Despite the great man banging on about it for years I'm still not sure.

Have a great show.

Ian
  • edited July 2013
    Hi all

3rd suggestion for the unlikely hat-trick would be :

Richard Orford to be known as Rachael Orford and admit his dark side he has been keeping from the world.

Lol

Chris Jones
    POKEY2011
    Bristol
  • edited July 2013
    I would say the unlikely hatrick 

would be some 1  winning the jackpot  but it can be done 
  • edited July 2013

Hey guys. Just after a bit of advice from Ross. We have a local tournament each year where you play nine 30-minute levels on weeknights and those still in qualify for a semi-final on the weekend, and then those at the end of 9 more levels from the two semi’s play on a final night. I have qualified for the semi but only will be going back with about a 25 BB stack (and antes will be kicking in). I am an ok player but expect to be playing better players and was just wandering what my general thinking should be when I turn up. Am I sitting for a bit and hoping for a big hand, am I just shoving all-in over loose players or any limpers regardless of my hole cards, or should I be doing something else? Any advice welcome.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT- Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross from 7pm Ch 861!:
    Hey guys. Just after a bit of advice from Ross. We have a local tournament each year where you play nine 30-minute levels on weeknights and those still in qualify for a semi-final on the weekend, and then those at the end of 9 more levels from the two semi’s play on a final night. I have qualified for the semi but only will be going back with about a 25 BB stack (and antes will be kicking in). I am an ok player but expect to be playing better players and was just wandering what my general thinking should be when I turn up. Am I sitting for a bit and hoping for a big hand, am I just shoving all-in over loose players or any limpers regardless of my hole cards, or should I be doing something else? Any advice welcome.
    Posted by sortofblue

Forgot to say please and thank you.
  • edited July 2013
    definately cringing, Terrible play, my only excuse is i have had so many bad beats and gone out early in the tournaments, i think everyone has a better hand than me.  Done me a favour made me get my game better look 669572494 thanks tina
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013

Quick...do the leader board, I am 3rd and might get a mention!
  • edited July 2013
    ALRITE RICH... ALRITE ROSS... STILL GOIN IN THE MAIN AN MINI.... TOOK DWN 500 BH TODAY.. CAME 3RD IN 700 BH CAME 3RD LAST WEEK IN TURBO MINI... FINISHED 7TH IN 3K REBUY.. FINISHED 5TH IN 4K BH FINISH 4TH IN 8K BH... HAD A QWALITY WEEK.... CANT WAIT FOR TUESDAY.. SEE THAT MIGHTY FINE LADIE... JEN 
  • edited July 2013
    Hey!

There is a fun forum HU Tournie going on at the moment (pokerchat)

Thought it would be a good to do the draw live on the Show if possible!

Names to be put in the hat:

Acegooner
    K8Lou
    Goldenballz or SteelRod
    Larson7
    Jordz or Roguecell
    Dohhhhhh
    BBMike
    CKD or Jimbod
    Flashjonny
    Boxster
    Liamboi
    Pommefrittes or Day4Eire

Thanks!
  • edited July 2013
    lol Hand History #669603848
    Primo
  • edited July 2013

10:12 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 200 395 95 48  
    left 71 86 7    

Deek10 18 46      
    THETANK 38 67      
    memfno 40 68      
    sam1986 41 45      
    yoyo 42 29      
    gazza127 51 42      
    olliepokr1 68 82      

• edited July 2013
    Unlikely hat trick:

1) Tikay making day two (seemed pretty likely to me, to be honest)

2) A British player winning Wimbledon (didn't see that coming)

3) BorinLoner getting a girlfriend (guaranteed not to happen)

To be fair, number 3 would be a stretch if it just said "BorinLoner having a friend" or even "BorinLoner having someone to talk to".

Is this just a joke?

*sobs*
  • edited July 2013
    just finished second in spt semi no cash or seat whats going on guys? whats point in playing when theres no prizes????????????
  • edited July 2013
    What would need to happen next to make this most remarkable hat-trick ever?

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet!

The most unlikely treble has to be "Britain wins Eurovision" with the Orford / Hartigan Poker Rap

And yes that would be rap without the K lol

Great show Guys keep up the good work!