You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Schedule

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

Was wondering what people's thoughts on the current schedule are.

As a 'Recreational' site it would surely be in Sky's interest to cater their MTT schedule around the recreational players lifestyle. i.e. have a schedule that suits the working persons lifestyle.

To help achieve this I would love to see Sky move the whole MTT schedule forward an hour. I think this would lead to bigger fields as more people would be willing to enter, knowing the MTT's finished an hour earlier. This would also mean that ch861 would be able to show more final table action live.

Any thoughts.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I think the trouble with this idea is that a lot of recreational players will be looking to satellite into the bigger events, and a semi at 6pm or late reg semi at 7.15pm are already quite early for those who are working full-time. Unless you're MattBates, the vast majority of the time you won't be making the FT so the finish time shouldn't matter too much, but I appreciate that some of the deeper stack tourns can go on.
  • edited July 2013

The issue of sats could easily be sorted by giving tournament tickets to be used on whichever night you wanted. Believe the majority of regs would prefer this anyway. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Schedule:
     The issue of sats could easily be sorted by giving tournament tickets to be used on whichever night you wanted. Believe the majority of regs would prefer this anyway. 
    Posted by 68Trebor

That's just so people can't win multiple sats then just cash out. 

I have no quarrels with people winning multiple sats but keep the money on the site imo
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Interesting idea, I would actually like Sats for the next night's main to run after 9pm, but I just don't think they'd get the runners.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Yeah, interesting idea. I'd like to see satellites for the following day's ME pop up about 8-8.30 with a semi at like 9.30-10pm, but I doubt they'd get the runners.
  • edited July 2013
    i honestly couldnt care less what times the tourneys are on, id just like some tourneys worth playing rather than the absolute drivel sky are curently producing. maybe id stop donking money of on the cash tables if there was more than 3 decent mtts per night.
  • edited July 2013
    I dont get home from work til about 7 so shifting the schedule would not suit me.... im sure there are many in a similar position.

What they could do is put up a few £50 gtd rebuys/speeds from 7-9.  I reckon if there was one every 15 mins theyd easily fill up and reach their guarentee with people wanting to play tournament poker thats not going to last all evening.