You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

run poker

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
even though i made an early exit from tonights run poker i think its an excellent tournament, i no it got crushed by the bounty hunter but it made the guarentee and it would be such a shame if this tournament wasnt added to skys weekly schedule in some way.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I don't even know what Sky expect with the Battle of the Mains. 

Most people don't use the forum, and therefore when they log on they're just going to register their usual tournaments. As a result, the new tournaments have little or no chance of generating more runners than the regular main event. 

FWIW, I also think the Run tournament is a good concept, and would like to see it slotted into the schedule permanently. 
  • edited July 2013
    Which one is run again? Is that the Zoom/Rush or is that the 'Win the Button'. Plz call things proper names Sky
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: run poker:
    Which one is run again? Is that the Zoom/Rush or is that the 'Win the Button'. Plz call things proper names Sky
    Posted by Lambert180[/QUOTE

you win the button when you win a hand. started it 8 and is finished allready too.
  • edited July 2013
    I would love to see win the button as a 9pm with 4k starting stacks and also as a mini one night.
  • edited July 2013
    I would love to see win the button as a 9pm with 4k starting stacks and also as a mini one night.
    Posted by MattBates
    to be honest mate id prefer it to run at maybe 8.30 or something as an extra tournament rather than replace an existing one, the more mtts with decent prize pools the better. i think you could run it every night even if it was maybe a 3k gtd, it would get 90 runners for sure.
  • edited July 2013
    Winning buttons that's about my level...lol
    Never played it but had a look, something different is always a good thing.
  • edited July 2013
    Played the tournament last night was pretty fun, i dont usually play many tournaments on sky but felt like i had to give this one a try. I think they should run it at least once a week but maybe lower the buy in a little to attract more people and have it as like a "fun" tournament.
  • edited July 2013
    Played the tournament last night was pretty fun, i dont usually play many tournaments on sky but felt like i had to give this one a try. I think they should run it at least once a week but maybe lower the buy in a little to attract more people and have it as like a "fun" tournament.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    theres enough low buy ins, £33.00 is fine, i play for money not for fun :-)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: run poker : theres enough low buy ins, £33.00 is fine, i play for money not for fun :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Didnt mean micro something along the lines of 11-22.

More people in their playing for fun can only be good for them wanting to make money.
  • edited July 2013
    I played the £1 trial of it and it was fun. Would like too see it in the schedule one way or another. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: run poker : Didnt mean micro something along the lines of 11-22. More people in their playing for fun can only be good for them wanting to make money.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    ok you win lets lower the buy in level to accomodate the people with smaller bankrolls, there short of choice i suppose, theres only 999 bounty hunters with these sort of buy ins a day.
  • edited July 2013
    Run poker defo needs to stay.   Should cancel the shocking £11 9pms , and change them to 33 or 55 runs imo.
  • edited July 2013
    Run poker defo needs to stay.   Should cancel the shocking £11 9pms , and change them to 33 or 55 runs imo.
    Posted by 1267
    dont say that the micro stakes men will track you down and silence you.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah this tournament needs to stay.
  • edited July 2013
    Clearly those who played it liked it. But it failed to make the guarantee on it's big launch guys, that doesn't bode well for the future.
  • edited July 2013
    Clearly those who played it liked it. But it failed to make the guarantee on it's big launch guys, that doesn't bode well for the future.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    £33.00 buy in with 126 runners, it made the guarentee
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: run poker : £33.00 buy in with 126 runners, it made the guarentee
    Posted by THEROCK573
    wasn't it £4k GTD, so it missed by £220?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: run poker : wasn't it £4k GTD, so it missed by £220?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    oh yeah, i counted the rake, ha
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Was hardly a big launch. Most of the Players who dont use the forum won't of noticed it. 
    I feel it would of got 200 runners easily if it was the only main last night!

Jonathan
  • edited July 2013
    it was matched up v a bounty hunter, what chance did it have. None
  • edited July 2013
    it was matched up v a bounty hunter, what chance did it have. None
    Posted by The_Don90
    I agree completely, it had no chance.

As I've said multiple times on this forum before Bounty Hunters, despite the vocal haters, remain by far the most popular tournament format on Sky at all buy-ins. Run poker tournaments will have the same problem again whenever they run (pun intended).