You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

mentor or poker coach who would you choose?

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
hey guys think this would be a good thread to get started if anyone wants to add.

basically if you had to pick a presenter or analyst on sky to be your mentor or coach for a week who would it be and why you would choose them.

I will start it off, I would pick ross jarvis because he is mainly a cash game player and a would say cash is my best format so reckon with his experience he could defo help me improve my game.Also used to love when he wrote about how his grinding for each month whether it was good or bad he explained it all in the page he had in the pokerplayer magazine.Ross also wrote about interesting hands that occured during his grind and just showed how deep his thinking is in the game.

that pageof poker player is now replaced by sam grafton writing about his grind in poker and his also very enjoyable to read so no complaints.

Comments

• edited July 2013

Stapes!

Take a crate to the coaching session and make him ring Liv after downing half of 1 :D

Nah, I think probably Redmond or Scotty, they know the site inside out having played zillions of hands here, if they can't improve me, no1 can :(
  • edited July 2013
    beaneh or coxy would be the best on sky i reckon.

Saying that, I could prob only afford lambert180 at the minute.
  • edited July 2013
    Yoyo.

Fellow MTT player.  Would like to pick his brain.

(and run like him also)

• edited July 2013

Julian would be amazing. Constantly gets the results, knows exactly what he is doing and how to play. Would be a total legend of a coach.

Ryan is really good at explaining/ talking through hands situations.

TommyD would be really good too. Would be interesting with someone like andrew1947 as well.

And Sam Razavi, he was discussing a hand on the show, a guy was all in and sam was like yeah easy call, it's a busted flush draw, when other player didnt have much 2 call with. He is one of the best players i've seen at reading the game.

Would be good some one not only decent at poker but someone who had a bit of personality with it. All these above wouldbe really good to learn from.

GAryQQQ has had some impressive results, turning poker points into a £1000 which he will, is an amazing achievement. GaryQQQ is an example of a low stakes player, who many could learn from.

Forgot to say Carlos Citrone, too, would be great. I think he learned of someone else teaching him at the time when he started playing.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone did have a mentor/ coach early in the poker lifes who helped them improve. I don't mean they paid someone to "coach" but it just happened.