You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

All Tournies Cancalled

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

Can someone from Sky come on and clarify what happened there.
I was 2nd in that tourney. 22 quid 500gtd. Would I be right in thinking
that all stakes have just been refunded? , Even though twitter said all games would resume and all were just paused.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    See my original post, sky dave said no problem at our end and closed the discuusion, less than an hour later its down again.
    Hi Redarrow.
    Apologies that you are experiencing issues. Can you please get in contact with our Customer Care team and they'll have a look into it for you. There were no outages at this time though at our end, so I am surprised to hear you've come across the table closures you mention.
    Thanks,

No apolgy from dave  or cc  yet.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to All Tournies Cancalled:
    Can someone from Sky come on and clarify what happened there. I was 2nd in that tourney. 22 quid 500gtd. Would I be right in thinking that all stakes have just been refunded? , Even though twitter said all games would resume and all were just paused.
    Posted by DivsDreams

Hi DivsDreams,

Apologies for the conflicting information you might have had on Twitter. Here's what I understand has happened in terms of settlement/voided tournaments, sit and gos, and cash games.

Tournaments

Satellites in-running were all voided. All in-running tournaments were settled and paid out on the chip stack at the time the site was taken down.

Sit & Gos

All Sit & Gos which were in-running were voided.

Cash Games

All tables were stopped, and if this was done mid-hand any stakes put into the pot were returned to the players and the hand voided.

I hope that clears things up. As always, if you have further queries please get in touch with Customer Care as they can look into a case by case level.

Thanks,
    Dave

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: All Tournies Cancalled:
    See my original post, sky dave said no problem at our end and closed the discuusion, less than an hour later its down again. Hi Redarrow. Apologies that you are experiencing issues. Can you please get in contact with our Customer Care team and they'll have a look into it for you. There were no outages at this time though at our end, so I am surprised to hear you've come across the table closures you mention. Thanks, No apolgy from dave  or cc  yet.
    Posted by REDARROW61

Hi Red,

I mentioned that we didn't have any planned outages at the times you were being affected, which is different from taking an emergency outage a bit later. Hopefully that has resolved the issues you've come across and please accept Sky Poker's apologies.

We've put on a £250 Freeroll at 6.30pm for yourself and anyone else who experienced difficulties during that time.

Thanks again.
    Dave

• edited July 2013
    Thanx for that Dave
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: All Tournies Cancalled : Hi Red, I mentioned that we didn't have any planned outages at the times you were being affected, which is different from taking an emergency outage a bit later. Hopefully that has resolved the issues you've come across and please accept Sky Poker's apologies. We've put on a £250 Freeroll at 6.30pm for yourself and anyone else who experienced difficulties during that time. Thanks again. Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    im bemussed how all stake be returned in sit and go s and tourneys during the maintanence even to players allready out!! if i had done a football bet and done 0 0 and the game was 1 0 with any time left to play and was abandoned before the end my bet would be a loser!! so why refund to players allready out???
  • edited July 2013
    ps the £250 freeroll is for everyone not just those effected by the maintanence 
  • edited July 2013
    build up stacks on a tourney just for sky to give you back your buy in....

had 4-8am shut down this morning, say there having a 15 minute shut down and it lasts an hout.

I mean hoesntly sky what do you fill your time with?

Its honestly ridiculous

• edited July 2013
    the worrying things is these "emergency outages" are becoming quite frequent after the "scheduled outages"
  • edited July 2013
    ps the £250 freeroll is for everyone not just those effected by the maintanence 
    Posted by MYTIMENOW
    This is the normal way of doing it as it's impossible to know exactly who was affected, some people might have tried to log on during that time and been unable to. The best way is to do it this way.