You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker God / Patron Saint of Poker?

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Found this on another site:

St Eustace

"There are a number of reasons why poker players should consider St Eustace to be the patron saint of poker. Not only do the references to “hunters”, “stability” and “reward” reflect on the qualities needed to be a successful poker player but, because of the way in which St Eustace kept his faith when he could have packed it in and gone back to being a Roman general, he also acquired the patronage of “those facing adversity”.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Finally we have a thread in Poker Chat that's on topic, shouldn't be directed to Customer Care, and isn't a diary.

Halle-freakin'-lujah!

If someone wants to define a Saint as someone who is simply defined by someone with exceptionally honourable traits, and is in essence a pre-'modern era' role model, then I'm all for it, OP.
    Sadly, the definition is typically centred around holiness, and the title often given by those in the Christian church. Thus, based on the fact the one of the criteria to be a Saint involves religion/belief/faith in some way, and/or the histoy behind that, I see no reason to look up to a Saint in any way, other than to respect the individuals actions for what he/she did (although not the necessarily the person in question).
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks for the reply Smit.

I'm with you on this one !