You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Goodluck

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Well I wish you all luck in the future of playing on here I have now requested that my account be closed.

The reasons are for me but I know that the reasons are real.

People will say well who is he im the one who shouts a lot and swears when losing they be right and this may be a extension of that player.

But too many issues with the software in which again I will say the lag on the river seems to generate a miracle card, way too many quads I ever thought possible hit and flushes well they are every other hand.
Good luck to you all I wish you well

Comments

• edited July 2013
    The odds of getting quads is about 600/1 so you are going to see that every day if you play a decent session, and even more if your mult-tabling, and if someone flops a big draw then they are going to hit roughly 50% of the time. Im guessing by your post that you have been losing lately, my advice is to take some time to work on your game, read up on your odds/possibilities and be prepared for variance, if you can make the right decisions you will win over time even if it doesnt feel that way after a bad beat.

best of luck
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Goodluck:
    Well I wish you all luck in the future of playing on here I have now requested that my account be closed. The reasons are for me but I know that the reasons are real. People will say well who is he im the one who shouts a lot and swears when losing they be right and this may be a extension of that player. But too many issues with the software in which again I will say the lag on the river seems to generate a miracle card, way too many quads I ever thought possible hit and flushes well they are every other hand. Good luck to you all I wish you well
    Posted by vortex1970
    How do you know this? Why do you think that?

Then you probably need to detach yourself emotionally from the losses. Drop down, take a break when you're losing, or have an ice cold beer. Whatever works.

I'm afraid this is BS. You're going to need extraordinary evidence for extraordinary claims sir. Or at least logical, rational, reasoned arguments would be a start.

Those strong of will and afluent in bankroll know this means nothing. Luck, variance, whatever you want to call it, will always tend to equilibrium in the long-run. No-one is an "unlucky"player per se. You can just have unfortunately long spells of continued losses.
  • edited July 2013
    theres an im leaving thread every week on here now. why people feel the need to publicly announce this on a forum is beyond me, if you're going just go quietly and stop makng such a fuss
  • edited July 2013
    Hi V

Seems like you're a bit frustrated m8. Well as an ex maths teacher(thank god) with some knowledge of statistics, I can tell you that to show this problem existed the number of hands to look at would be colossal and then have to be repeated a number of times to show that they were statistically significant. Good luck in the future.
  • edited July 2013
    As one goes another turns up!!!  Hello all, I will be giving this site a go over the next few weeks so please be gentle. I will prepare my leaving speech just incase :)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Goodluck:
    As one goes another turns up!!!  Hello all, I will be giving this site a go over the next few weeks so please be gentle. I will prepare my leaving speech just incase :)
    Posted by tra_sexton
    missing you already.

• edited July 2013
    Posted by tra_sexton
    Welcome - Nice to see you didn't get trapped in the Vortex :)
  • edited July 2013
    Has someone left?
    I must have missed them arriving.
  • edited July 2013
    theres an im leaving thread every week on here now. why people feel the need to publicly announce this on a forum is beyond me, if you're going just go quietly and stop makng such a fuss
    Posted by THEROCK573
    +1

More drama queens round these parts than the west end.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." - Unknown former Sky Poker player.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Goodluck:
    Well I wish you all luck in the future of playing on here I have now requested that my account be closed. The reasons are for me but I know that the reasons are real. People will say well who is he im the one who shouts a lot and swears when losing they be right and this may be a extension of that player. But too many issues with the software in which again I will say the lag on the river seems to generate a miracle card, way too many quads I ever thought possible hit and flushes well they are every other hand. Good luck to you all I wish you well
    Posted by vortex1970
    Translated into the truth

Im a bad poker player and cant even beat the lowest games on the softest site. Im going to go to a site where players respect my raises. I am going to get even more pwned than I did at Sky!