You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

These spots, just snap give up?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Any argument for continuing aggression in spots like this?  I actually see the donk full pot lead as weak because if we loved our hand vs someone who c-bets this flop like 80% of the time surely we check raise if we're super strong?  That said, how often does the opponent find a fold if we continue aggression in these spots?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
*Small blind  20.00 20.00 2245.00
niceonej03 Big blind  40.00 60.00 1470.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

Slykllist Raise  120.00 180.00 3385.00
mikeyRRR Fold     
elleben2 Fold     
martinst10 Fold     
Call  100.00 280.00 2145.00
niceonej03 Fold     
Flop

• K

*Bet  280.00 560.00 1865.00

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I just fold, pot is already getting quite big relative to what he has behind and I think you'll struggle to make him fold many things he'd donk pot with.

It's the old 'I would never donk full pot super strong hands' but he isn't you, and lots of people will play SO face up cos they don't even think about what it looks like from your point of view.
  • edited July 2013
    Donk pot bet tends to be polarised between hitting the nuts or hitting small
    whereas you have missed
    if you aren't confident you can get the fold give up now
  • edited July 2013
    Insta fold.  Doubt hes folding to raise... he might even shove over the top which you cant call.  If you call and even hit a Q this could bring a flush - dirty outs.  He could have a K also.  I don't like anything apart from folding.  If it was a very weak donk bet then maybe you can outplay him but the pot is getting too big already to mess around.
  • edited July 2013
    lol these are sometimes spots I get stubborn and spewy

think depends what you think of opponent, have they donk bet pot in previous hands how did they react to a raise or if called how they react to turn etc. because depending on previous you could raise or even call in position see what develops on the turn if they check or see a scary card but just other things to think about but yeah prob agree with others fold is prob safest and best option but not every1 plays that straighforward and we all get a little freaky at times.
  • edited July 2013
    although opponent should usually check to pre flop rasier he prob thinks hes just doing the right thing and protecting his hand. i would give him credit for a king in this spot and just let it go, far better spots with a healthy stack, dont mind a float sometimes but in sky mtts i dont think theres any need to get fancy, just wait for people to make mistakes against you.