You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

graph

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
I would like to make a graph for the progress of my cash games, can anyone help? I don't have a clue where to start I have Kingston not excel.

Also I want to know BB/100 how would I work that out?

And finally, is there a site where I can see my cash game stats I know sharkscope show mtt, I want to know how many hands I have played as well, thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to graph:
    I would like to make a graph for the progress of my cash games, can anyone help? I don't have a clue where to start I have Kingston not excel. Also I want to know BB/100 how would I work that out? And finally, is there a site where I can see my cash game stats I know sharkscope show mtt, I want to know how many hands I have played as well, thanks.
    Posted by robbie1992
    No idea how to do cash game graphs.  Just wondering what you hope to find out by tracking each session in a graph format?  Do you think there are many benefits to spending time producing a graph of wins/loses/number of hands?

Surely if you just work from decent BR management and play good poker.... you'l end up in profit.

Youre much better spending time looking at leaks in your game (HH) than this IMO.

Not slating the idea... each to their own and that.  Genuinely interested why you'd want to do it.
  • edited July 2013
    Pretty sure Lambert has offered to give you his spreadsheet, just fill that in then use chart wizard to create a graph.

I keep mine on google docs.

With regards to hands played, after a session look through your HH to track number of hands. I play 6 tables so need to look in 45 min periods (sky only shows you max 500 in each time period). If you 4 table, look in 1 hour periods and add em up. So, if you play for 3 hours, you need to search in 3 separate hour searches in HH and add the 3 numbers up.

bb/100 = (Profit/bb) / (hands/100)
  • edited July 2013
    Its a huge shame poker table ratings dont cover Sky.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah just PM me your email address on here and I'll send my spreadsheet to you now. If you just fill in your session results there are forumlae in there that will auto-fill to tell you your winrate in terms of BB/100 per session, your longterm BB/100 over every session entered etc.

As for graphs, you can do them if you want from the data there, but you'll already have the important stuff like BB/100.

In terms of not having Excel, I'm a massive life nit so I won't pay for it either but if you google 'Open Office' you can download a free program which is the equivelant of Microsoft Office, it has Word, Excel, Access etc. and that's what I use.

I must say I tried doing a graph ages ago ust so I could stick it in my diary in Open Office and it was a massive pain the the a$$ and I gave up. Open Office isn't as advanced as Excel, it's a bit more basic and some things aren't as simple to do.
  • edited July 2013
    i`m sure there is a site called pokertracker that shows you a graph, all you have to do is put in your stats/results/hrs/ etc and it will do it all for you.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: graph:
    In Response to graph : No idea how to do cash game graphs.  Just wondering what you hope to find out by tracking each session in a graph format?  Do you think there are many benefits to spending time producing a graph of wins/loses/number of hands? Surely if you just work from decent BR management and play good poker.... you'l end up in profit. Youre much better spending time looking at leaks in your game (HH) than this IMO. Not slating the idea... each to their own and that.  Genuinely interested why you'd want to do it.
    Posted by gazza127
    Not for any particular reason, more just for interest and too see how things are going.  I take on board what your suggesting though and if it starts effecting me then ill just give up on it.
  • edited July 2013
    Pretty sure Lambert has offered to give you his spreadsheet, just fill that in then use chart wizard to create a graph. I keep mine on google docs. With regards to hands played, after a session look through your HH to track number of hands. I play 6 tables so need to look in 45 min periods (sky only shows you max 500 in each time period). If you 4 table, look in 1 hour periods and add em up. So, if you play for 3 hours, you need to search in 3 separate hour searches in HH and add the 3 numbers up. bb/100 = (Profit/bb) / (hands/100)
    Posted by splashies
    Yeah his going to send me his spreadsheet which Im sure will do the job.  Okay I think I understand that, just need to make sure I can find how many hands iv played.
  • edited July 2013
    Its a huge shame poker table ratings dont cover Sky.
    Posted by calcalfold
    A lot of poker things like that don't cover sky, not sure why im starting to think its something to do with sky being a company that has more then poker linked to it (sky sports, sky bingo, sky vegas etc) but meh not sure.
  • edited July 2013
    i`m sure there is a site called pokertracker that shows you a graph, all you have to do is put in your stats/results/hrs/ etc and it will do it all for you.
    Posted by liamboi11
    cheers liam ill have a look later, doesn't need to be anything fancy I just want a rough idea what happening
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah just PM me your email address on here and I'll send my spreadsheet to you now. If you just fill in your session results there are forumlae in there that will auto-fill to tell you your winrate in terms of BB/100 per session, your longterm BB/100 over every session entered etc. As for graphs, you can do them if you want from the data there, but you'll already have the important stuff like BB/100. In terms of not having Excel, I'm a massive life nit so I won't pay for it either but if you google 'Open Office' you can download a free program which is the equivelant of Microsoft Office, it has Word, Excel, Access etc. and that's what I use. I must say I tried doing a graph ages ago ust so I could stick it in my diary in Open Office and it was a massive pain the the a$$ and I gave up. Open Office isn't as advanced as Excel, it's a bit more basic and some things aren't as simple to do.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ha im the same, tbh I wouldn't pay for it as I wouldn't use it enough to justify its price, theres a lot of similar things on the internet that do the same job so ill just use them , ill pm you now thanks a lot.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh yeah, good point Liam, I completely forgot about a site I used to use for this.

Dunno if this link is allowed and will be removed so grab it quick, this will cover everything you need.

http://www.pokerdominator.com/sessiontracking/index.cfm?m=y