You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment.

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
You said in chatbox that i should of stacked u, i assumed it was this hand? Be appreciated if you could explain how. If u want me to take yr name out i will do so.
ThanksPlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesighcallSmall blind £0.50£0.50£102.15SmitalosBig blind £1.00£1.50£249.10 Your hole cards53   sighcallRaise £2.50£4.00£99.65SmitalosCall £2.00£6.00£247.10Flop  395   SmitalosCheck    sighcallBet £4.50£10.50£95.15SmitalosCall £4.50£15.00£242.60Turn  6   SmitalosCheck    sighcallCheck    River  3   SmitalosBet £4.00£19.00£238.60sighcallRaise £13.50£32.50£81.65SmitalosCall £9.50£42.00£229.10sighcallShow53   SmitalosMuck3A   sighcallWinFull House, 3s and 5s£41.00 £122.65

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Can't see stack sizes but why did you not bet the turn?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment.:
    Can't see stack sizes but why did you not bet the turn?
    Posted by Lambert180
    to see stack sizes jutst highlight and drag right lol. bit strange.

and reason for not betting was that i thourght i would scare off anything worse than my hand and better hands could 3 bet me then what do i do?

hoping i could get value from a 9 or something on the river, trying to make myself look weak
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : to see stack sizes jutst highlight and drag right lol. bit strange. and reason for not betting was that i thourght i would scare off anything worse than my hand and better hands could 3 bet me then what do i do? hoping i could get value from a 9 or something on the river, trying to make myself look weak
    Posted by sighcall
    Smitalos likes to say "in before..." things, so allow me to get in before smitalos rips into you for this post.

You can't assume that smitalos is never calling with worse than two pair on the turn, neither should you be fearing that you might be raised (It would be a raise, not a 3-bet). Okay, he might raise you but you ought to have some idea of what that might mean and you can still be called by quite a few worse hands. How often does smitalos actually have a set or better two pair on this board? How easy is it for him to put you on a two-pair hand here? The only reason not to bet is that you think he sees you as a nit who only double barrels when you're massive.

How does raising small on the river make you look weak? The small raise looks like big strength, most of the time, because you're unlikely to be bluffing with that sizing. It just looks like you're desperate for value, which you are.

Seeing stacks, it's tough for you to actually get stacks unless smitalos actually raises at some point... However, it may be possible if you just bet three streets rather than checking back the turn.
  • edited July 2013
    If you are comfortable playing any two junky cards otb, which you clearly are, then why not continue value betting when you hit two pair! Just does not make much sense to check the turn.

• edited July 2013
    If you are comfortable playing any two junky cards otb, which you clearly are, then why not continue value betting when you hit two pair! Just does not make much sense to check the turn.
    Posted by GREGHOGG

+1
  • edited July 2013
    id be embarrassed to post this hand and ask a question..!!! 
  • edited July 2013
    id be embarrassed to post this hand and ask a question..!!! 
    Posted by LnarinOO
    can you expand?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : can you expand?
    Posted by sighcall
    I'm guessing he means you massively capped how big a pot you can win by not betting the turn, when we're in IP so in total control and can make sure we never miss a street of betting when we have 2pr and are getting called by a ridic amount of worse hands... especially when it's Smitty! ;)
  • edited July 2013
    because u asked a stupid question ......

You said in chatbox that i should of stacked u, i assumed it was this hand? 

Be appreciated if you could explain how. If u want me to take yr name out i will do so.

bet turn lolololololol
  • edited July 2013
    because u asked a stupid question ...... You said in chatbox that i should of stacked u, i assumed it was this hand?  Be appreciated if you could explain how . If u want me to take yr name out i will do so. bet turn lolololololol
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Yes but that still doesnt explain how.

He calls bottom pair with another bet? Then gets it all in on the river. It doesnt make sence?

lol
  • edited July 2013
    99% of what smitalos says is rubbish so i wouldn't spend too long thinking about it.
  • edited July 2013
    got to laugh, plays any 2 hits the near world craps himself stops bettin then hits the world & hes cool
  • edited July 2013
    got to laugh, plays any 2 hits the near world craps himself stops bettin then hits the world & hes cool
    Posted by seppe
    lols
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : lols
    Posted by LARSON7

true tho
  • edited July 2013
    it's all good seppe
  • edited July 2013
    99% of what smitalos says is rubbish so i wouldn't spend too long thinking about it.
    Posted by offshoot
    I smell ego.
    fwiw I love you too buddy <3

sighcall, you couldn't have stacked me dw. Maybe made a tad more, mayyyyyyyyybe. But on the whole I think you got pretty much the max in this particular spot. For sure bet the turn though.
    nh sir
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : Yes but that still doesnt explain how. He calls bottom pair with another bet? Then gets it all in on the river. It doesnt make sence? lol
    Posted by sighcall

oh i get it, u can hand read well enough to know that he had bttm pair only in his spot and was never callin... now i understand the check on the turn.... why nt say that in the 1st place..??? would have made it much clearer...!
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by seppe
    lol how is bottom 2 the near world. 1010+ he raises pre so no credit for that. So what hand can he have that will call a turn bet, that i beat? A9?

am i compeletly missing the plot?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : I smell ego. fwiw I love you too buddy <3 sighcall, you couldn't have stacked me dw. Maybe made a tad more, mayyyyyyyyybe. But on the whole I think you got pretty much the max in this particular spot. For sure bet the turn though. nh sir
    Posted by Smitalos
    can someone explain a reaon for this hah, it seems to be just 'because u have to'

as far as i can see i aint betting on turn to bluff, and i cant see many hands that will call me that arnt ahead, so i am not betting for value?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : oh i get it, u can hand read well enough to know that he had bttm pair only in his spot and was never callin... now i understand the check on the turn.... why nt say that in the 1st place..??? would have made it much clearer...!
    Posted by LnarinOO
    cant tell if this is sarcasm or not haha
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : lol how is bottom 2 the near world. 1010+ he raises pre so no credit for that. So what hand can he have that will call a turn bet, that i beat? A9? am i compeletly missing the plot?
    Posted by sighcall

I did try to explain why you can bet the turn for value. It's all a question of your image and how that affects the villain's calling range. When you say that you can't bet the turn and be called by worse, you're effectively saying that your image is:

Raise button pre-flop + c-bet the flop + bet the turn = Massive strength every time.

If that's your image, you're probably playing way too tight. Are you not double-barrelling one-pair hands, draws or even random two overcards?

The fact that you're raising 53o from the button here seems to suggest that you're not that much of a nit, therefore it's entirely possible for smitalos to call the turn with one-pair or two overs with a draw or something along those lines. Why would this bet on the turn necessarily narrow his range to big hands? It shouldn't if you're not too nitty, or at least if he doesn't think you are.
  • edited July 2013
    if u bet turn and river then smit probably c/r river

becaue u check and then raise river - gives smit an easy call

u minimise your ev

smit should be thanking you for saving him money, not having a go at u

Smit u numpty )

to be fair smit may have just been given you some free advice )
    But your ego has taken it badly :D
  • edited July 2013
    So he wouldn't call with A9, K9, Q9, J9, T9, 89, 79, 77, 88 maybe 67, some 2 over hands, and loads of FD hands?

If you feel you can only get 2 streets of value from the hand then flop + turn is tons better than flop + river imo because we get value from loads of draws on the turn... by the river they've either already gone ahead (for free) or they've missed and won't pay us any more money. Pretty clear turn bet imo.

As BL says, it does depend on your image but if you're playing HU cash and never ever doubling barrelling without having a very strong hand then that's probably not great strat.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : lol how is bottom 2 the near wld.or 1010+ he raises pre so no credit for that. So what hand can he have that will call a turn bet, that i beat? A9? am i compeletly missing the plot?
    Posted by sighcall
    id say hittin 2 pair playing 3 5 is great, what you expecting to hit ????????
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO : Smitalos - Anyone else feel free to comment. : can someone explain a reaon for this hah, it seems to be just 'because u have to' as far as i can see i aint betting on turn to bluff, and i cant see many hands that will call me that arnt ahead, so i am not betting for value?
    Posted by sighcall
    So do you think Smitalos is that much of a sicko he thinks he can outplay us post flop by calling with 93/95 we block 33/55 and 99 is 2 combo's. 

Now Smitalos might be a sickop who plays the flopped two pair pre, then again 96 might be in range i dno. 

However how many things call us that we beat much more than you think. 

I mean whats th problem. 

Just BETTTT!!!!!!