You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help understanding some terms?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I need some help understanding a few terms that are on this website lambert180 told me about (thanks for that btw), it does give you a small explanation of each one if you scroll over it but my vocabulary is shocking, i need someone to help me understand them in simpler terms haha.
TOTAL EARNINGSAVG EARNINGSEARNINGS STD
$ 34.36$ 5.73$ 8.43
WIN RATE (TABLE)AVG WIN RATEWIN RATE STD
$ 8.55 / hr$ 9.29 / hr$ 15.74 / hr
AVG WIN RATE (ACTUAL)AVG BB/HRCURRENT STREAK
$ 9.19 / hr 185.76W3 $ 41.86
TOTAL SESSIONSTOTAL HOURSAVG HOURS/SESSION
64 h 1 m0 h 40 m
ROITOTAL BUY INTOTAL CASH OUT
40.73%$ 84.37$ 118.73
The ones in bold are the ones i need explaining, i have a rough idea of what ROI is but i just keep forgetting to be honest haha.

And AVG BB/HR i though was average big blinds won per hour, but i scroll over it and it says 'Average number of big bets won/lost per hour. This stat only uses limit sessions. ie. At a fixed limit 2/4 game, $4 is considered the Big Bet.' is that just basically the same thing lol?

Never used one of those websites/tracker things before, so i need help understanding them for the first time cheers. :)

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Some of that stats on that site are pointless at best but it's always better to have more than you need than less. If you don't know what it means then it's probably no use to you or you'd know cos you'd need to know.

Not sure what some of them mean but...

ROI is return on investment so your total BI was $84 and you left with $118 so you essentially left with 40% more than you sat with. Not really relevant for cash imo.

Win Rate (Table) is just your total winrate per 'table hour'. So if you play 6 tables for 1 hour and win £10, or 1 table for 6 hours and win £10, this result will be the same cos it's treating it as '6 table hours'. This is the one you care about. And you can use that to work out the number of BBs you're winning per hour if you want.

I'd just ignore the BB/hour if it's big bets because that applies to limit games only (as it says) where the turn and river are 'big bets'.

Don't ask me about standard deviation :(

I'd just focus on number of hours played, Win Rate (Table) and obv total earnings
  • edited July 2013

Is that a website that tracks Sky?
  • edited July 2013
    Cheers lambert, yeah i will just concentrate on those things lol.

And calcalfold, its a free website that can be used for any poker site since you fill in the information yourself, its a nice way to keep track of your progress.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Help understanding some terms?:
    Some of that stats on that site are pointless at best but it's always better to have more than you need than less. If you don't know what it means then it's probably no use to you or you'd know cos you'd need to know. Not sure what some of them mean but... ROI is return on investment so your total BI was $84 and you left with $118 so you essentially left with 40% more than you sat with. Not really relevant for cash imo. Win Rate (Table) is just your total winrate per 'table hour'. So if you play 6 tables for 1 hour and win £10, or 1 table for 6 hours and win £10, this result will be the same cos it's treating it as '6 table hours'. This is the one you care about. And you can use that to work out the number of BBs you're winning per hour if you want. I'd just ignore the BB/hour if it's big bets because that applies to limit games only (as it says) where the turn and river are 'big bets'. Don't ask me about standard deviation :( I'd just focus on number of hours played, Win Rate (Table) and obv total earnings
    Posted by Lambert180
    Standard deviation is the square root of variance :)