You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Player info - generating ideas to discuss...

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi

Something interesting to generate ideas and to discuss....

At the moment on a player's 'plinth' (the stats around the avatar) you can see some basic information about them and how many chips / how much cash they have plus occasional other information like bounties etc.

So, it would be interesting to discuss what other information might you like to be shown and why this would be useful?

Any interesting ideas?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited July 2013
    1. Maybe the ability to colour code the notes tab for quick reference without opening it?

Red - Good player
    Amber - Average player
    Green - Weak player

OR

2. I would like the notes to come up in a bubble when you scroll onto a player , then disappear when u move your cursor off , rather than having to click notes tab all the time.
    Would speed things up when making decisions IMO.
  • edited July 2013
    I would still like the problem of peoples location, team name or other guff blocking their stacks to be repaired. When someone is timing down, it's irritating that you can't see their stack because it says "Team Poker Titans" or whatever. Obviously, once they've acted you get to see it again but still... irritating.

EDIT: To be fair, I haven't played in a few weeks, so maybe it has been fixed. I remember a thread from Sky_Dave about it, so I may be a touch out of date. Not sure though.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Player info - generating ideas to discuss...:
    I would still like the problem of peoples location, team name or other guff blocking their stacks to be repaired. When someone is timing down, it's irritating that you can't see their stack because it says "Team Poker Titans" or whatever. Obviously, once they've acted you get to see it again but still... irritating.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Booooooooooo!!! :)

Personally I don't think the stack sizes should be in the location field anyway.....after all it is a location, perhaps separating the stack sizes from the location would be a better way forward?

Why is our location even included? most other sites just say "Germany" "Poland" or whatever
  • edited July 2013

Sorry, just to interject...

This isn't what we were really referring to. We were really thinking about things that are not shown at the moment.

For example, you might show how many tables your opponent is playing.

Is that useful / relevant or do you have any other ideas?

• edited July 2013
    How often they suck out on the river please
  • edited July 2013
    Whether they can eat 20+ disgestive biscuits within 1 minute or not
  • edited July 2013
    I don't see why we need any more than the basic stuff that's already there. No point bringing in unnecessary clutter imo.
  • edited July 2013

How many rebuys a player has had in a MTT.

If the add on has been taken.

If the second chance has been taken.

Players who are chat disabled.
  • edited July 2013
    I don't see why we need any more than the basic stuff that's already there. No point bringing in unnecessary clutter imo.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    100% agree. Keep it simple.
  • edited July 2013

Should be something like this imo:

You're using an girl's avatar, are you really a woman? - Yes
    Really?  -  Yes
    Are you Sure?  - What you saying?
    Come on now - Ok, my name's Mark/Wayne/Tommy.

In seriousness the less there the better.  The only thing I could argue deserves the time, effort and focus to be added would be a mini/maxi view light/symbol for purposes of chatting.  However if chat's available in mini in the future this too would be defunct.

• edited July 2013
    How many rebuys a player has had in a MTT. If the add on has been taken. If the second chance has been taken. Players who are chat disabled.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1
  • edited July 2013
    No need to add anything in my view, I think you should be looking to take away rather than to add - why do we need silly avatars for instance

(and completely agree with Borin Loner above that it is irritaing when someone has a "team" as their location field. There's been enough polite requests by Sky to remove these that surely you can do something to sort this out automatically now?)  Also you need to do something about the location fields that, while genuine, go on to two lines and thereby cover the stack info - e.g. Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Thornton Cleveleys to note just two I've seen in the last 24 hours)
  • edited July 2013
    I just wish to disassociate myself from any suggestion that anyone should be shot... I do not support gun or bow and arrow violence.
  • edited July 2013
    Something that tells you their hole cards would be useful.

• edited July 2013
    Sorry, just to interject... This isn't what we were really referring to. We were really thinking about things that are not shown at the moment. For example, you might show how many tables your opponent is playing. Is that useful / relevant or do you have any other ideas?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Would like this personally!
  • edited July 2013
    I just wish to disassociate myself from any suggestion that anyone should be shot... I do not support gun or bow and arrow violence.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Sorry, my posting was very badly worded in that respect. I of course withdraw any part of my post that could be taken in the wrong way.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah in all seriousness, something saying how many tables they're playing and if they're on mini view might be useful.

• edited July 2013
    In terms of useful information perhaps something like when they started playing on Sky, and perhaps how many times they have played in the last month.

But then we are getting in to the realms of encouraging bhunting. Not that im against this.

Information that I specifcally dont want. Would be anything to do with hands entered/%flops seen/VPIP and so forth.
  • edited July 2013

Thanks for the feedback. Just another thing - if (and it is an if) we did something like this in future. it wouldnt likely be visible all the time but perhaps on clicking or hovering over the avatar with your mouse.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Player info - generating ideas to discuss... : Would like this personally!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Out of interest, why would this be useful?
  • edited July 2013
    So you can get an idea how much attention they are paying.
  • edited July 2013
    Have they sold there soul to the devil...

OR IS THE ANSWER WE ALL HAVE..
  • edited July 2013
    In terms of useful information perhaps something like when they started playing on Sky, and perhaps how many times they have played in the last month. But then we are getting in to the realms of encouraging bhunting. Not that im against this. Information that I specifcally dont want . Would be anything to do with hands entered/%flops seen/VPIP and so forth.
    Posted by calcalfold
    So you don't want the information that would be massively useful to you, but you wanna know when the last time someone played was?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Player info - generating ideas to discuss... : Out of interest, why would this be useful?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Yeah so far only thing that's come up in this thread that I think would be useful is the number of tables they're playing.

It just allows you to make some very basic assumptions about their game. Obv it's a generalisation and we can be given evidence at a later stage to prove otherwise but most people who 1table are not as good as most people who 6+table.... ready to be shot down here lol.

Also, it's probably safe to assume that someone who is 20tabling isn't gonna be raising 79o UTG (again, could be proven wrong...). Someone 1tabling may very well do this.

I tend to check/know roughly how many tables most of my opponents play but nice to not have to check for new opponents.
  • edited July 2013
    in a word - No

You are missing the wider picture.

I hate sites that support poker tracker. I think people should be paying attention and work to get their statistical information rather than handed to them on a plate.

Plus the aforementioned information would ruin the site with loads of new competent players playing stupid numbers of tables and just playing the numbers.

Plus it might start the lesser/recereational players working on their game.

I am all for improvement in quality of software, but would hate for Sky to have an influx of sharks, a poker tracker style approach would be a step in this direction.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I know what you mean, I definitely prefer to play out sites without HUDs etc.

Although recs putting less work in on their game is a good thing and most people would have no idea what to do with the information or how to adapt (or even want to change their own game) anyway.

But yeah no HUDs :)
  • edited July 2013

Thanks for the ideas and feedback on the ideas.
  • edited July 2013
    A feature that lets you search the player through right clicking on their avatar would be nice, then you could see how many tables there playing and what stakes etc.

I know you can already search a player but while multi tabling it takes too much time to type a players name in the "find a player" tool in the lobby.
  • edited July 2013
    What the player had for tea. Then I can deduce if they are bloated, thus not playing their 'A' game.
  • edited July 2013
    Showing the number of tables is a really bad idea imo.
    We already have the ability to search for players manually, so why make it compulsary for everyone?

It'll most likely just be another benefit to bumhunters. An easy way to spot where the recreational players are, a magnet for the grinders who are just looking for easy money.

If you want to search up someone, you have the power to do so. People shouldn't be forced to have even more information given away about the state of their game than there already is.

Player Avatars, Location, and those who are Chat Disabled. All steps in the right direction imho.

And I hate to sound like a snidey self-entitled SoB, but more time spent on tweaking the new software (that still needs a fair bit of work done on it, from what I've seen and heard), and less time spent on tiny improvements like the ones suggested itt, would be amazeballs. tyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3