You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
howellzee Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £17.35
jeffsjacks Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.56
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

frankie700 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £4.07
barx1210 Fold     
ZedsDeadBa Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £21.49
cactusjac Fold     
howellzee Raise  £1.25 £1.90 £16.10
jeffsjacks Fold     
frankie700 Fold     
ZedsDeadBa Call  £0.90 £2.80 £20.59
Flop

• Q

howellzee Bet  £1.40 £4.20 £14.70
ZedsDeadBa Fold     
howellzee Muck     
howellzee Win  £2.59  £17.29
howellzee Return  £1.40 £0.21 £18.69
Been playing for an hour or so and this was the first time He had stuck it back in my eye!

Stunk of aces clearly but I still called hoping a set would give me his stack.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I know what your saying about him playing very tight for an hour etc etc but to fold to his one bet on the flop is just far too tight imo mate
  • edited July 2013
    Woooow, no offence but this is really really really bad.

I know some pretty massive massive nits on the cash tables but there isn't a single player on the site where I assume a 3bet = AA and there's no way it can be any other hand.

All he's done is 3bet which I assume could be TT+, AQ+ even from tight opponents and then half potted the flop. You 100% have to call the flop.

This has to be a level, and you just timed out.
  • edited July 2013
    Why do you even have a decision on the flop
    where is the 4 bet pre? 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: AA?:
    Why do you even have a decision on the flop where is the 4 bet pre? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah didn't even mention this... should be a 4bet.
  • edited July 2013
    Why do you even have a decision on the flop where is the 4 bet pre? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Isn't this just chip spew, given how he had been playing up 'till this point??

He hadn't been getting all funky with TT/AQ etc. so far.
  • edited July 2013
    Well what do you think his range is to 3bet? Do you really think he is only 3betting KK and AA? I don't know if that's the case just asking.

Is he 3betting QQ and AK too? If he is, then will he fold both QQ and AK to a 4bet or would he flat call and see a flop?
  • edited July 2013
    Even if he has AA, it's still a bad fold. Cannot go S/M with KK!

You're worried about him having AA yet you're hand is massively underepped/disguised by not 4betting pre, plus we have position. As played we have to call that flop bet and at least see what he does on the turn. This doesn't mean that we have to stack off if we are convinced he isn't barrelling with anything less than aces or 3 queens. Just way too tight to fold on this street IMO.
  • edited July 2013
    i would remove this thread asap, your going to get hammered for this play by alot of regs who arnt quite as polite as the ones above who have commented
  • edited July 2013
    Hi zed. How you doing?

Sorry mate but its a simple 4 bet and get it in pre mate. The only way I am calling pre is to trap him.

If he has AA then its pretty cold. If you have hard evidence that he only 3 bets with AA and KK then maybe it is a fold but it has to be SOME SERIOUS read.

Just 4 bet him pre.

GL matey.
  • edited July 2013
    Why do you call the 3 bet if you think he has AA? Are you really set-mining with kings on a Q high flop?
  • edited July 2013
    Why are we so scared? 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: AA? : Isn't this just chip spew, given how he had been playing up 'till this point?? He hadn't been getting all funky with TT/AQ etc. so far.
    Posted by ZedsDeadBa
    to assume he only 3 bets with AA is too tight a range to give him.
    unless you have seen him do it several times before and it's always AA
    if not you have to 4 bet and if you get to showdown you will be able to make notes on his hand
  • edited July 2013
    Set mining with Kings needs its own category. Can't think of a polite title for it just now though.
  • edited July 2013

calling KK preflop to set mine lol
    if you are going to call his bet pre it should be to slow play KK.
    you said that he has stuck it back which I think means first time he reraised. could that be maybe down to him not getting anything decent.
    AQ AK and 1010-AA I would thing will all be part of his range.
    if he is going to just call KK QQ JJ 1010 AK and AQ then that other guy surely would do it with AA too.

• edited July 2013
    Hey Zeds,

I agree with all the above. We have the second best starting hand, it's hard to ever put our opponents on aces.

He could well have Aces here, but overall most of the time he does not.

Take it this is a master cash table? If you are worried about losing 170 plus bigs, not the best idea to be playing on the m/cash tables. If you are worried about Aces just call down then you will know what he had pre.

In saying that, it's one hand and hopefully this thread has given you some food for thought.

It's easy if we have kings busted by aces all in pre to think this happens all the time, but is actually really unusual.

Good luck
  • edited July 2013
    Hi Z

I dont play cash myself atm but without looking atother comments, why does this stink of aces as you've only limped. Cash players tend to widen their range of hands don't they? Why haven't you at least 4 bet pre? Maybe there is some underlying strategy but surely you want to inflate the pot don't you?
  • edited July 2013

OK.

Thanks for replies everyone, much appreciated.

Turns out, I didn't realise that getting it in with KK regardless, is the law!! ;O))

FWIW, I'm not in the habit of folding KK but in this instance I still think he had AA!

• edited July 2013
    OK. Thanks for replies everyone, much appreciated. Turns out, I didn't realise that getting it in with KK regardless, is the law!! ;O))   FWIW, I'm not in the habit of folding KK but in this instance I still think he had AA!
    Posted by ZedsDeadBa
    There are people who folding KK pre to is the correct play. 

I think you just needed more reads, obviously you have to trust your guy/reads tho. 

• edited July 2013
    I folded KK once pre flop at DTD.
    First hand at table and with the number of raises going in it was all in to me by be time It came back to me.
    Flop would have given me quads! And about £600
    Wouldn't actually have needed to hit, was up against JJ and 88.
    People do odd things.

Felt pretty stupid and was the last time I have folded kings pre flop.

You have to be very,very sure before folding here. 
  • edited July 2013
    You say it's the first time he came back at you..
    So maybe he's thinking your just bullying him and is going to take you to the river
    to see what your betting with.

Also if he has hit nothing in an hour if he has a Q he is going to bet all day.