You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

rebuy open

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
LMAO rebuy open lost to double chance in battle of the mains yet is still the tournamant tommorow night..
Why bother having these promotions.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to rebuy open:
    LMAO rebuy open lost to double chance in battle of the mains yet is still the tournamant tommorow night.. Why bother having these promotions.
    Posted by NAILS01197
    im happy because the rebuys a better tourney but fairs fairs, the double chance won and should be the main this week.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to rebuy open:
    LMAO rebuy open lost to double chance in battle of the mains yet is still the tournamant tommorow night.. Why bother having these promotions.
    Posted by NAILS01197
    Rebuy Open made more money than the Double Chance, even tho DC had more runners!

All about the money innit
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys,

The Re-buy Open had a larger prizepool than the double chance last week....

However, watch this space as the tournaments trialed last week as part of the Battle Of the Mains will be implemented into the schedule at some point in the near future. That includes the double chance!

Thanks,

Joe
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: rebuy open:
    Hey guys, The Re-buy Open had a larger prizepool than the double chance last week.... However, watch this space as the tournaments trialed last week as part of the Battle Of the Mains will be implemented into the schedule at some point in the near future. That includes the double chance! Thanks, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    Taken from the battle of the mains blurb

Sky Poker is offering not one but two Main Events every night this week, with the most popular returning to the schedule. Which Main Event will you choose to play in Battle of the Mains?

Each night will feature two Main Events, both with the same buy-in and guaranteed prize pool. The Main Event which attracts the most entrants will then return the same night the following week, meaning you’ll have another chance to win in your favoured event.

Why isn't the double chance on tonight?

• edited July 2013
    come on, u cant go back on your word,i want back to back wins!!!!
  • edited July 2013

Battle of the Mains: Monday 8th July - Sunday 14th July

Sky Poker is offering not one but two Main Events every night this week, with the most popular returning to the schedule. Which Main Event will you choose to play in Battle of the Mains?

Each night will feature two Main Events, both with the same buy-in and guaranteed prize pool. The Main Event which attracts the most entrants will then return the same night the following week, meaning you’ll have another chance to win in your favoured event.

Here is the schedule of events: 

Main (8pm)Challenger (8pm)Buy-in
    Mon 8th July

£4k Bounty Hunter

(245 players) 

£4k Run Poker

(126 players) 

£33
    Tues 9th July

£3k Turbo

(389 players) 

£3k 6-Max Shuffle

(292 players) 

£11
    Weds 10th July

£3k Rebuy Open

(165 players)

£3k Double Chance

(221 players)

£11
    Thurs 11th July

£6k Sky Sports BH

(314 players) 

£6k Escalator

(125 players) 

£33
    Fri 12th July

£4k Bounty Hunter

(139 players

£4k Deepstack

(98 players)

£55
    Sat 13th July

£4k Bounty Hunter

(217 players)

£4k Timed

(87 players)

£33
    Sun 14th July

£5k Primo

(174 players)

£5k Cash Game

(95 players)

£55

• edited July 2013
    Hey guys, The Re-buy Open had a larger prizepool than the double chance last week.... However, watch this space as the tournaments trialed last week as part of the Battle Of the Mains will be implemented into the schedule at some point in the near future. That includes the double chance! Thanks, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    will any of the others be added to the weekly schedule at some point joe? not to replace anything but to add to the current mtts running, mtt grinders would really apreciate it i think.
  • edited July 2013
    Really not happy about the double chance not being up tonight. I didn't play it last week but i saw it was the only MTT that beat the original main event so was looking forward to playing it tonight
  • edited July 2013
    WP for honouring what you said Sky
  • edited July 2013
    Battle of the Mains: Monday 8th July - Sunday 14th July Sky Poker is offering not one but two Main Events every night this week, with the most popular returning to the schedule. Which Main Event will you choose to play in Battle of the Mains? Each night will feature two Main Events, both with the same buy-in and guaranteed prize pool. The Main Event which attracts the most entrants will then return the same night the following week, meaning you’ll have another chance to win in your favoured event. Here is the schedule of events:  Main (8pm) Challenger (8pm) Buy-in Mon 8th July £4k Bounty Hunter (245 players)  £4k Run Poker (126 players)  £33 Tues 9th July £3k Turbo (389 players)  £3k 6-Max Shuffle (292 players)  £11 Weds 10th July £3k Rebuy Open  (165 players) £3k Double Chance  (221 players) £11 Thurs 11th July £6k Sky Sports BH (314 players)  £6k Escalator (125 players)  £33 Fri 12th July £4k Bounty Hunter (139 players £4k Deepstack (98 players) £55 Sat 13th July £4k Bounty Hunter (217 players) £4k Timed (87 players) £33 Sun 14th July £5k Primo (174 players) £5k Cash Game (95 players) £55
    Posted by cenachav
    Exactly cenachav MORE ENTANTS. Clearly in black and white sky.
  • edited July 2013

Jessie j song spring's to mind!!!

• edited July 2013
    Temporary solution, add the double chance in the lobby tonight and run both mains agian this week! There is still time!
  • edited July 2013
    Any chance of a reply to this?  
  • edited July 2013
    I don't critisize SP very often even though there may be decisions and promotions they make and do that I don't really like.  Its a business at the end of the day and business is business blah blah.  I also don't really like the rebuy or the double chance but do think that the rebuy offers the best chance of binking the ft jackpot as most people have been bored to sleep before it reaches the bubble let alone the ft.  However the argument to keep the rebuy is twisted and clearly against what the promotion advertised.  Whoever made the decision shd be shot imo.
  • edited July 2013
    Clearly says entrants? Im sure the rebuy got more ENTRANTS (me rebuying 93) times than the double chance?
  • edited July 2013
    I don't critisize SP very often even though there may be decisions and promotions they make and do that I don't really like.  Its a business at the end of the day and business is business blah blah.  I also don't really like the rebuy or the double chance but do think that the rebuy offers the best chance of binking the ft jackpot as most people have been bored to sleep before it reaches the bubble let alone the ft.  However the argument to keep the rebuy is twisted and clearly against what the promotion advertised.  Whoever made the decision shd be shot imo.
    Posted by SoLack
    I agree mate (except the being shot bit lol).

I will reserve judgement until Sky post a proper response but I think Sky must expect to at least hold their hands up and admit to going against what was advertised.  I don't expect an apology or even an explanation why I just want Sky to post a response accepting that what was advertised was not kept to the week after.  Otherwise, my confidence in Sky keeping to what they advertise in the future will be affected.
  • edited July 2013
    I got a response from twitter.  "We'll be having an updated lobby for next week!  Appologies for the miscommunication"
  • edited July 2013
    Why is the rebuy open in the lobby again?  It should be the double chance!  Please honor the terms of the promotion sky otherwise how can we have faith that you will honor any future promotions?
  • edited July 2013

Morning guys.

I really don't kknow what this is about, but I'll send the thread upstairs.

If a misunderstanding, miscommunication or error has occurred, apologies.

Upon the advice of Solly, a gun has been ordered.

• edited July 2013
    Many thanks Tikay
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys,

Sorry for an confusion about this promotion.

I will hold my hands up and say it was a mis-communication at our end. Does that mean that Tikay has to shoot me? What if he misses?

To resolve this issue, a Double Chance tournament (the rightful winner of Battle of the Mains) will run next Wednesday, with a boosted prizepool of £5,000 as opposed to £4,000.

Hopefully the tournament can hit its guarantee and put up a good performance.

As per the terms and conditions, this will be a one-off and the £4k Re-buy open will return the following week.

For all those people that wanted to play a double chance tonight, we have added a £1,000 Guaranteed Double chance tournament at 8:45pm for £11.

We have also amended the structure as per the feedback we got from the Double Chance tournament last week, whereby everybody gets a chance to re-buy once regardless of chipstack size, rather than only been able to re-buy at zero chips.

Thanks a lot and hope this post means that I can live...

Joe
  • edited July 2013
    Hey guys, Sorry for an confusion about this promotion. I will hold my hands up and say it was a mis-communication at our end. Does that mean that Tikay has to shoot me? What if he misses? To resolve this issue, a Doublestack tournament (the rightful winner of Battle of the Mains) will run next Wednesday, with a boosted prizepool of £5,000 as opposed to £4,000. Hopefully the tournament can hit its guarantee and put up a good performance. As per the terms and conditions, this will be a one-off and the £4k Re-buy open will return the following week. For all those people that wanted to play a double chance tonight, we have added a £1,000 Guaranteed Double chance tournament at 8:45pm for £11. We have also amended the structure as per the feedback we got from the Double Chance tournament last week, whereby everybody gets a chance to re-buy once regardless of chipstack size, rather than only been able to re-buy at zero chips. Thanks a lot and hope this post means that I can live... Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    Before pitch forks come out for a typo.....I am pretty certain Joe means Double Chance!
  • edited July 2013
    Hahaha thanks MattBates,

I've edited the copy now!

Wasn't easy to type with the gun at my head ;)
  • edited July 2013
    Hahaha thanks MattBates, I've edited the copy now! Wasn't easy to type with the gun at my head ;)
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    Poor guy, bet your hands were shaking. Sweat dripping, a few tears too!
  • edited July 2013

Would it be easier just to call it.......

Double stack or chance depending on your preference which is defo not a rebuy and will only be around for this week as we move the goal posts back next week???

EDIT - I am glad this double whatever is back and hope I can play it tonight.
  • edited July 2013
    Thank you very much for getting this sorted.

ps, a double stack double chance sounds like fun!
  • edited July 2013
    Well done for sorting this out Sky...very well handled.