You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

more issues after an outage

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
at the risk of this getting deleted or closed quickly I have to put this out there

once again we have a scheduled outage, which we can all understand are needed, but once again issues arise when the client goes back live.

this morning I go to log in at around 9am only to be met with my log in not being accepted, both on the download and the browser. I get onto live chat a little disgruntled but the operator was as helpful as he could be but I do think his hands were tied, even he said he couldn't log on to help us out properly and acknowledged they were experiencing problems and were aware of it all.

these problems, whatever they may be, are becoming all too frequent after scheduled outages. at the minute im now quite hesitant to join tables because history suggests there may be something else go wrong just a short time down the line. confidence is slowly getting eroded at the minute and I doubt im the only one.

this cant be good for the image of sky poker or the sky gaming family in general. I left comments in the live chat to this effect and asked for them to be passed on, so im not just airing grievences here.

its all becoming a little too much, im a loyal customer to the site having played here for over 6 year, I can only imagine the impression recreational players have should they come here and get met with these sort of problems

Comments

• edited July 2013
    +1 had the same problems and reported to CC too.

Very much expecting something to go wrong during the day at some point.
  • edited July 2013
    Same here, I couldn't log on, for some reason thought it was me going mental (as you would) so I re-set my pin and tried, still no dice.

So I contacted CC and they said they were having issues with people being able to log in. Then I was able to log in 2 seconds after speaking to him.

FWIW, I was just playing a HU SnG, playing on the download (I never play in browser), and it just decided to stop letting me act. It put me to away and the 'I'm back' button was there but clicking it did nothing. You can imagine how long you have to be 'away' in a Hyper before you are dead :(
  • edited July 2013
    + 1, says " your login has expired"
    So I have to go to a poker chat discussion, click on it and then log in and it works.

So true about constant problems, not many other sites have this, just not good enough and I think a lot of the regs have had enough of it..
  • edited July 2013
    They've just tweeted this at 4.15pm. I'm confused.

Sky Poker ‏SkyPoker3m

All Sky Betting & Gaming services will be undergoing scheduled maintenance from 4:45am - 7:30am this morning. Apologies, we'll be back soon!

• edited July 2013
    In Response to more issues after an outage:
    I go to log in at around 9am only to be met with my log in not being accepted

I can only imagine the impression recreational players have should they come here and get met with these sort of problems
    Posted by TINTIN
    Cant imagine there being many reccy players at 9am.

Hopefully when the new software arrives in late 2045 the issues will be resolved
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: more issues after an outage:
    In Response to more issues after an outage : Cant imagine there being many reccy players at 9am. Hopefully when the new software arrives in late 2045 the issues will be resolved
    Posted by calcalfold
    well done, take a quote from the top and one from the bottom and mash them together and miss the point totally.

todays issue after the outage was when I went to log on at 9am, other issues from previous weeks and months have happened at various times thru out the day.

whenever it occurs is not a good look and that is the point of the 2nd part of the quote. it was only last week they had an emergency outage less than 12 hours after the scheduled outage and that hasn't been the first time this year they have had to do that. the more it happens the more chance there is that recreational players stumble across them and look elsewhere.

Its getting to a point where im totally fed up encountering these problems and im sure there is many others feel the same but im more likely to tolerate it more because im a "reg" whereas the "recs" are likely to look elsewhere for their game at that time.

as ive stated its not specific to today that I started this thread, its more of an accumulation of the last few months.

btw it would surprise you how many log on that early. the last few weeks I can get more tables running from 9-10am that I can get going at 12-1pm.

oh and give it a rest with the software reply in most your posts, I guess your a little disgruntled because your not part of the current beta testing
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: more issues after an outage:
    In Response to more issues after an outage : Cant imagine there being many reccy players at 9am. Hopefully when the new software arrives in late 2045 the issues will be resolved
    Posted by calcalfold
    2048 m8 u got it wrong
  • edited July 2013
    I have to agree Tintin. I think over the last few months more and more problems/ mistakes are happening.
    The thing that is really annoying me lately is all the mistakes being madewith the satallite prizes.
    Once or twice you can understand but when these things are consistantly happening over and over again it just comes across as very amateurish sometimes.
  • edited July 2013
    Tintin,

I didnt miss the point, the short of it is you are unhappy about all the downtime.

If you are that fussed then just find another site, its not difficult, all these compaint posts are getting tiresome.

And no, im not really that bothered about the new software, I now have the facility to run 2monitors and just deal without autotop up. The 2045 was just a running joke about how long it has taken.

I love playing at Sky, even despite these small problems, purely because the general standard of play is abysmal.
  • edited July 2013
    Prob slightly off topic, but i had just loaded up 2 cash tables, and was getting another 2 tables loaded up, then during this hand it just froze out all my tables, and they just disappeared from my screen! Bit annoying.

Then i reloaded onto sky (had to resign in) and the same thing happened 2 minutes later.

This was a hand when this happened
    DEVILFI5H Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.29
    rohan908 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.19
      Your hole cards

kingsonic Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £4.53
    LARSON7 Call  £0.12 £0.30 £3.74
    blacksnow Call  £0.12 £0.42 £3.78
    DEVILFI5H Call  £0.10 £0.52 £3.19
    rohan908 Call  £0.08 £0.60 £3.11
    Flop

• J
    • J

DEVILFI5H Check     
    rohan908 Check     
    kingsonic Bet  £0.30 £0.90 £4.23
    LARSON7 Fold     
    blacksnow Fold     
    DEVILFI5H Fold     
    rohan908 Call  £0.30 £1.20 £2.81
    Turn

rohan908 All-in  £2.81 £4.01 £0.00
    kingsonic Fold     
    rohan908 Muck     
    rohan908 Win  £1.11  £1.11
    rohan908 Return  £2.81
  • edited July 2013
    You were probably beat anyway. Be glad of the occasionally poor product that Sky offer ;)