You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

to avoid bad beats play omaha hi lo

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

after the stress I have been getting with bad beat in holdem yesterday night I decided to try a few Omaha hi lo DYMs and the difference was massive not once did I feel stressed if I went behind on the river.
 another thing you will learn is that with holdem calling junk is much more obvious to spot. than Omaha hi lo even more so if it is just Omaha the main hands that are easy to see are rubbish calls are if the hand preflop was quads or trips (apart from AAA2 in hi lo). their are still lots of other rubbish hands but unlike holdem the bad beats are very rare because in holdem it seems to be loosing to gutshots, 75ovAA and runner runner hitting that most refer to as bad beats and will use rigged as excuse.

but in Omaha games the gutshot and two pair v AA won't happen much as the other player will usually be calling a straight that you already hit and stuff like AA is only good if the third came on the flop.

thanks tikay for the games I hand yesterday night. 

Comments

• edited July 2013
    [ ] 'bad beats' happen less in Omaha

But nah, PLO8 is lower variance than say PLO due to so many split pots. Good game like.
  • edited July 2013

Omaha hi lo is a great game, just ask Tikay!
  • edited July 2013
    <3 MIXED GAMES FTW <3
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to to avoid bad beats play omaha hi lo:
    after the stress I have been getting with bad beat in holdem yesterday night I decided to try a few Omaha hi lo DYMs and the difference was massive not once did I feel stressed if I went behind on the river.  another thing you will learn is that with holdem calling junk is much more obvious to spot. than Omaha hi lo even more so if it is just Omaha the main hands that are easy to see are rubbish calls are if the hand preflop was quads or trips (apart from AAA2 in hi lo). their are still lots of other rubbish hands but unlike holdem the bad beats are very rare because in holdem it seems to be loosing to gutshots, 75ovAA and runner runner hitting that most refer to as bad beats and will use rigged as excuse. but in Omaha games the gutshot and two pair v AA won't happen much as the other player will usually be calling a straight that you already hit and stuff like AA is only good if the third came on the flop. thanks tikay for the games I hand yesterday night. 
    Posted by craigcu12
    Hi Craig,

Glad you enjoyed the session last night, even though I put a beat or two on you.

PLO8 is, if approached correctly, an immensely relaxing & enjoyable game, there are a few horror beats, but folks seem to accept them in a more adult manner. Think I played 15 or 20 PLO8 DYM's yesterday, & I only saw one player "get a bit upset" because he lost a hand.

Hope to see more of you at the PLO8 Tables, the game has some wonderful nuances & subtleties.

Doubt you'll lose or win much, but you'll have a bunch of fun along the way.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: to avoid bad beats play omaha hi lo:
    In Response to to avoid bad beats play omaha hi lo : Hi Craig, Glad you enjoyed the session last night, even though I put a beat or two on you. PLO8 is, if approached correctly, an immensely relaxing & enjoyable game, there are a few horror beats, but folks seem to accept them in a more adult manner. Think I played 15 or 20 PLO8 DYM's yesterday, & I only saw one player "get a bit upset" because he lost a hand. Hope to see more of you at the PLO8 Tables, the game has some wonderful nuances & subtleties.   Doubt you'll lose or win much, but you'll have a bunch of fun along the way.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1