You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AQs preflop when their is a possible head prize

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
who has a tiny chip stack? ur all roughly 50bbs deep. 3 betting anywhere between 1000 - 1200 is fine, and flatting is fine to in position. shipping it pre is crazy seen as ur not ging to get called by worse. id check raise that flop personally.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    seeing that tiny chip stack I just knew right away that they would get very loose.
    the problem is when the board comes out like this because I just doing know what he had.
    what I am wondering now is should I just ship it on the flop to basically steal the chips knowing that I have a strong hand.
    thisltedu Small blind  50.00 50.00 475.00
    doolie Big blind  100.00 150.00 6770.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

BADBILL Raise  400.00 550.00 5685.00
    taffy200 Fold     
    craigcu12 Call  400.00 950.00 4592.50
    xVILLAx Call  400.00 1350.00 5468.75
    thisltedu Fold     
    doolie Fold     
    Flop

BADBILL Check     
    craigcu12 Check     
    xVILLAx Bet  1012.50 2362.50 4456.25
    BADBILL Fold     
    craigcu12 Call  1012.50 3375.00 3580.00
    Turn

craigcu12 Check     
    xVILLAx Bet  1600.00 4975.00 2856.25
  • edited July 2013
    just noticed sb stack, id make a standard 3 bet.
  • edited July 2013
    the SM with just 475 chips
  • edited July 2013
    just noticed the mistake the question about shipping it is on the flop.
    but with preflop it is weather I should have raised it.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: AQs preflop when their is a possible head prize:
    just noticed the mistake the question about shipping it is on the flop. but with preflop it is weather I should have raised it.
    Posted by craigcu12
    i mix it up with AQ in position, would be 3 betting here though for the bounty potential
  • edited July 2013
    Pre sometimes flat, sometimes 3bet.

As played, raise the flop, get it in.
  • edited July 2013

I don't mind the pre-flop action.

On the flop, I think people are mistakenly thinking that we're checking to the raiser when suggesting check-raising. In fact the pre-flop aggressor is the player in early position that has already checked. So I would be betting the flop when it comes to me as I don't want to see this checked through. I want to bet my equity now. If I'm raised, I'm getting it in. We definitely shouldn't be open-shoving the flop, though. As it is, I think checking the flop is probably a mistake.

Having checked the flop, I think we should be check-raising against the button. Stack-sizes dictate that it should be a check-shove.

On the turn, I think it's unlikely that we have any fold equity so getting it in would leave us needing 34% equity. We probably don't have that and so I wouldn't like getting it in. I don't think we can call off such a large proportion of our stack just hoping to hit the river. I think it's a fold on the turn as played.

Bet the flop, though.

• edited July 2013

How has BADBILL been playing? Id say in most cases a 3bet pre to about 1000 then bet the flop.

As played, bet the flop if checked to by raiser, if raiser bets Im shoving.