You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Image

edited December 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
Just out of interest....

Comments

• edited December 2009
    They say the tight aggressive players are the ones that win all the big tournaments.
  • edited December 2009
    IM A COMPLICATED WOMAN

IT CHANGES DAILY....................
  • edited December 2009
      The type of player you are is not as important as the type of player you are perceived to be. Once an image has been established then the best thing to do is the unexpected.

For this reason a loose aggressive player is more liable to get paid off for a monster hand, and a rock is more likely to get a bluff through.

This said in a fast pace tourny or the low level entry fee cash/tourny there is no point in trying to set up an image because people either havent got the time or inclination to tell what your image is supposed to be. In tourny play the important thing is not your style as much as whether you can change gears at the right times.

Certain playing styles suit different structures. A lag is much more suited to a fast paced tourny and a rock more suited to a deepstack slow paced one.The other main thing to realise with your own game is the necessity to change your style to suit the table. On a very loose table it is advisable to tighten up, and on a very tight table it is best to loosen up. Profit can be made by swimming against the tide.
  • edited December 2009
    ATM, Ultra - Tight Aggresive.
  • edited December 2009
    LAG, cant get enough of the variance!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • edited December 2009

I try to adjust to the play of the table and mine and others chip stacks...

The size of my stack plays a big part, ultra tight and aggressive vs anyone who has me covered..
    Ultra loose vs a short stack near a bubble if the blinds are worth stealing

when everyone on the table has around the same stack i try to be a little bit loose on a tight table and silly tight on a loose table

I like being on the ball and constantly mixing my image up... but i'm not too good at it :D

• edited December 2009
    Erh all of the above - depends if i put me keks on over me pants or not!

• edited December 2009
    Seriously - as regards types of player... I know a very good player on here who told me he would often make cheap river bets with bottom pair to show or to be called early in a deepstack game just to look like a donk.

I would never be happy calling him with only top pair, but to those less wise.....