You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Design a Poker Player

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
I've been playing a lot of RPGs recently (on the Xbox), my favourite genre of game by a mile fwiw, and the whole character building aspect of it got me thinking about something...

So you're designing your own poker player. What are the 'skills' you would most want?

All stats start with a base level of 4 (10 is the max), and you have 15 points to distribute, how do you do it?

You can just C + P the table below for ease. (Start typing in the box before you paste it or you'll have problems)
Stat Level
Tilt Control 4
Hand Reading 4
Quick Maths 4
Hand Selection 4
Patience/Discipline 4
Luckbox-ability 4

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I think I'd go for something like...
    Stat Level
    Tilt Control 7
    Hand Reading 7
    Quick Maths 5
    Hand Selection 6
    Patience/Discipline 6
    Luckbox-ability 8
  • edited July 2013
    The perfect poker player:
    StatLevel
    Tilt Control0
    Hand Reading0
    Quick Maths0
    Hand Selection0
    Patience/Discipline0
    Luckbox-ability39
  • edited July 2013

StatLevel
    Tilt Control7
    Hand Reading7
    Quick Maths1
    Hand Selection8
    Patience/Discipline7
    Luckbox-ability9
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Design a Poker Player:
    I've been playing a lot of RPGs recently (on the Xbox), my favourite genre of game by a mile fwiw, and the whole character building aspect of it got me thinking about something... So you're designing your own poker player. What are the 'skills' you would most want? All stats start with a base level of 4 (10 is the max), and you have 15 points to distribute, how do you do it? You can just C + P the table below for ease. (Start typing in the box before you paste it or you'll have problems) Stat Level Tilt Control 4 Hand Reading 4 Quick Maths 4 Hand Selection 4 Patience/Discipline 4 Luckbox-ability 4
    Posted by Lambert180
    Paul used to create threads that didn't isolate himself from the forum.
    Then he took an arrow to the knee.

Carlos Smitalos used Needle!
    It wasn't very effective...
    Carlos Smitalos was hit with Recoil!

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine...
    Stat Level
    Tilt Control 10
    Hand Reading 8
    Quick Maths 9
    Hand Selection 10
    Patience/Discipline 2
    Luckbox-ability 0
    I think the idea of this table thingymahjig has legs though. Maybe put up a tweaked criteria, rating ourselves, others itt, or pros out there.

---Lambert180---
    Stat Level
    Aggro BRM
    Addiction to the Clinic
    Playing KK post-flop
    Forum Posts
    DOHHH/2
    Railbird Flair
    Binkability N/A
    Carlos Smitalos challenged Lambert180 for HU4ROLLZ!
    *Critical Hit!*
    It was super effective!

Carlos Smitalos won a Top Of The Posts seat, and a SnideyLittleSh1t badge. (Y)
  • edited July 2013
    lol.... Thanks ... I think Smitalos.

Yeah tbf, I was struggling with the critera a bit but the table has legs.

FWIW, I gotta have some points for aggro BRM... my BR was down to it's bare bones not that long ago like £80ish and with that I was playing £11 HU Hypers lol, that's gotta earn at least 1 point!

On the topic of that ^^^ I keep trying to remember that phrase I heard you say ages ago but can't.... something along the lines of 'if you aint got sweaty balls everytime you take a flip, you aint doing it right'... but better :s
  • edited July 2013
    Sigh, clearly my read was off, I thought loads of poker players would be fellow nerds :(

Here's one for Smitalos then

---Smitty---
    Stat Level
    Forum Debating
    Youtube Comedy Value
    BRM
    Live results
    N/A
    Rubz
    Percy luvzz
  • edited July 2013
    fwiw, I think it's a great thread/idea. Probably just not taking off because all those cordial fookers are outside in the sun (ewww), while us social recluses, are playing our RPGs and spending the summer pwning the forum.
    (they're all jealous of us really, I just KNOW it!) :P

Very nice stats for me sir! Haha! No Percy luvzz here though, shipped him off to Thailand to go live his lifelong dream of getting rejected by Asian women.

Ahhh, and, iirc...

"If you're not sweating up to your @rsecrack, you aint doin' it right."
    Or something like that, idfk. It's like 30 degrees in here ffs, I'm so tilted with the god-damn heat I'm practically sideways. Ugh.

And you get a bonus point for using Hyper's to BR-tilt btw. Even though 8BI is a little on the conservative side imo. #gamblero
  • edited July 2013
    I'm not a geek, but...

I have got hold of a fifteen year old Sega Saturn RPG called Shining Force 3. Two parts of it were never translated from Japanese by Sega but a group of fans spent years translating it themselves.

I've been super-excited about it for weeks. lol
  • edited July 2013
    The start of  ^^THIS POST^^  made me really nervous, for obvious reasons...

In Response to Re: Design a Poker Player:
    I'm not a geek, but...
    I have got hold of a fifteen year old...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    lol

Nice save tho, Sega Saturns ftwwwwwww
  • edited July 2013
    Luckbox-ability 39

won thread. 
  • edited July 2013
    StatLevel
    Tilt Control4
    Hand Reading9
    Quick Maths4
    Hand Selection8
    Patience/Discipline4
    Luckbox-ability10
    I misread it 1st time, have re-allocated
  • edited July 2013
    Am i the only one who buys and RPG game, takes any old caracter and makes do? 

I do go back and create a decent one once i've finnished.

As for these stats, meh i like the idea Paul. I'll get back to you once I have completed the game :P 
  • edited July 2013
    my 2 cents...

StatLevel
    Tilt Control10
    Hand Reading8
    Quick Maths4
    Hand Selection5
    Patience/Discipline9
    Luckbox-ability4

on a diff note...
    top 5 RPGS :-D

1. Chrono Trigger
    2. FF7
    3. Dark Souls
    4. FF6
    5. Super Mario RPG

• edited July 2013
    my 2 cents... Stat Level Tilt Control 10 Hand Reading 8 Quick Maths 4 Hand Selection 5 Patience/Discipline 9 Luckbox-ability 4 on a diff note... top 5 RPGS :-D 1. Chrono Trigger 2. FF7 3. Dark Souls 4. FF6 5. Super Mario RPG
    Posted by sikas
    No Elder Scrolls :O 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Design a Poker Player : No Elder Scrolls :O 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Never really liked western-style rpgs...Fallout 3 was decent tho
  • edited July 2013
    I agree, Japanese RPGs >>>>>>>>>>>>> western ones.

Number 1 has to be FF7 after that I'm not sure exactly what order I put them in but here's my top 5 just in terms of pure fun when playing them (some nostalgia may be involved).

1. FF7
    2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    3. Shenmue (1 & 2)     .... WHERE is 3!!!
    4. Dragon Quest 8
    5. Shining Force

Could never really get into FF 8 or 9 but reckon 10 was really underrated. Always wanted to play Chrono Trigger, my mate (where almost 100% of my game recommendations come from) always said it was his favourite game of all time, but it's crazy expensive to buy nowadays if you can even find a copy anywhere.

Can you get it on snes emulators?
  • edited July 2013
    I agree, Japanese RPGs /> />>>>>>>>>>>> western ones. Number 1 has to be FF7 after that I'm not sure exactly what order I put them in but here's my top 5 just in terms of pure fun when playing them (some nostalgia may be involved). 1. FF7 2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3. Shenmue (1 & 2)     .... WHERE is 3!!! 4. Dragon Quest 8 5. Shining Force Could never really get into FF 8 or 9 but reckon 10 was really underrated. Always wanted to play Chrono Trigger, my mate (where almost 100% of my game recommendations come from) always said it was his favourite game of all time, but it's crazy expensive to buy nowadays if you can even find a copy anywhere. Can you get it on snes emulators?
    Posted by Lambert180

ABSOLUTELY, v. easy to find, just do a google search...

ur RPG education starts here.... :-P