You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Trouble playing quads oop

edited December 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy

Playing .5/10p cash ring, dont really know the oppenent, but how can i play this better?

Im always way too scared to bet here oop incase i lose the customer, but should i raise flop bet? bet the turn? bet bigger on the river, Any advice or tips on how people would play this..
Norbit Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £47.12
P1 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £39.38
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

P2 Raise   £0.20 £0.35 £4.97
P3 Fold        
P4 Fold        
P5 Fold        
Norbit Raise   £0.80 £1.15 £46.32
P1 Fold        
P2 Call   £0.65 £1.80 £4.32
Flop

• K
  • K
  • A

Norbit Check        
P2 Bet   £0.90 £2.70 £3.42
Norbit Call   £0.90 £3.60 £45.42
Turn

Norbit Check        
P2 Check        
River

Norbit Bet   £2.00 £5.60 £43.42
P2 Call   £2.00 £7.60 £1.42
Norbit Show
  • K
  • K

P2 Muck        
Norbit Win Four Kings £7.22   £50.64

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I cant see much wrong with the way you played it. You were too strong to get much in the way of action. Your c-bet was fine because the call preflop probably meant an ace in the opponents hand. I personally like the idea of the check on the turn because after the c-bet it shows weakness due to his call and could very easily have induced a bet from your opponent. The call by your opponent on the river shows that he did have an ace. I dont think you could have got much more out of that at all, any possible extra money was eliminated from the equation when he checked behind on the turn.

These big hands aregreat to get but very hard to get paid off with. If you had had position you could well have got a bit more out of him but not all that much more i think. In a tourny you might have got paid off but unlikely in a cash game because by his passivity he did not have a big enough hand to call any bet that was too big. Actually i have just rechecked the hand and i think your biggest problem was that at most there was only £1.40  more value available because you were playing the short stack, so maybe a bigger bet might have been paid
  • edited December 2009
    Oh wow im bind, i thought he still had about 7quid behind him!

Ah wel kinda bad example then. Also i didnt cbet i check called on flop, maybe i should of cbet but theres a chance he has not hit that flop in any way and folds without me geting paid.
  • edited December 2009

the fact you have quads here is irrelivant other than the fact you know he doesnt have a K so u need to induce action. the way it played out he is either pot controlling an ace or made a bad call with a mid pair, what else could he min raise then call a 3 bet and want to lead that flop when you check to him. He probly has A 9- AJ, why dont you have a look at the history and tell us what he called you with?

• edited December 2009
    Can you see opponents mucked cards in your history?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Trouble playing quads oop:
    Can you see opponents mucked cards in your history?
    Posted by Rattious
    yeah im sure you can got to the hand history and see what cards are mucked, it came to a showdown so you can see his cards in the "hand replay'"
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Trouble playing quads oop:
    In Response to Re: Trouble playing quads oop : yeah im sure you can got to the hand history and see what cards are mucked, it came to a showdown so you can see his cards in the "hand replay'"
    Posted by big_mick12

Oh... Well he should do that! 

• edited December 2009
    Yeah i knew what he called with, but i removed it from the original post, so i could get a fair share of tips and advice from your posts....
    Norbit Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £47.12
    P1 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £39.38
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

P2 Raise   £0.20 £0.35 £4.97
    P3 Fold        
    P4 Fold        
    P5 Fold        
    Norbit Raise   £0.80 £1.15 £46.32
    P1 Fold        
    P2 Call   £0.65 £1.80 £4.32