You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How would you play this hand?

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I don't mind flatting the 3bet pre.

I'd bet flop when aggressor checks.

I probably barrel the turn.

As played I think we need to value bet the river and if we get raised it's an easy fold.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Out of interest how would you play this hand?

Ok 4 bet pre, but i was slow playing it!

When original raiser checks, i'm happy queens is beating them. So i bet.

Turn check for pot control, don't want to bloat the pot. Opponent checks behind.

On river flush has got in. I can't see any worse hand callng a bet. So i checked. Thoughts?
    UP Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £17.95
    mmmchips Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.25
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

LARSON7 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £18.19
    CraigSG1 Fold     
    Call  £0.30 £0.75 £16.37
    UP Raise  £1.05 £1.80 £16.90
    mmmchips Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  £0.80 £2.60 £17.39
    Call  £0.80 £3.40 £15.57
    Flop

• K

UP Check     
    LARSON7 Bet  £1.70 £5.10 £15.69
    xCall  £1.70 £6.80 £13.87
    UP Fold     
    Turn

LARSON7 Check     
    xCheck     
    River

LARSON7 Check
  • edited July 2013

Thanks Paul

Out of interest why are we barrelling the turn, we think queens are good and just for value?

If opponent calls, are you betting again on river for value? Or check calling? Check folding dependant on size of bet?

• edited July 2013
    If we are betting the flop for value, we should also be betting the turn for similar reasons. 
  • edited July 2013
    His range for calling the flop is probably something like Kx, 99, TT, JJ (a very unlikely QQ seen as we have 2) and FDs.

The more I think about it, he can't have too many bare FDs cos we have Qd and if he has Kd he's got us beat so it doesn't leave that many FD combos, especially not ones that he'd 3bet pre.

Checking the turn is probably better, and then we can get value on the river from 99-JJ and fold to a raise.
  • edited July 2013
    lol cheers Paul.

I liked my check on the turn.

You are spot on about betting the river and folding to a raise.

In the end opponent Checked behind. I suppose the line i took on the river, is costing value in the long run.

Your value on the river comment was spot on , you shouted there cards.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: How would you play this hand?:
    His range for calling the flop is probably something like Kx, 99, TT, JJ (a very unlikely QQ seen as we have 2) and FDs. The more I think about it, he can't have too many bare FDs cos we have Qd and if he has Kd he's got us beat so it doesn't leave that many FD combos, especially not ones that he'd 3bet pre. Checking the turn is probably better, and then we can get value on the river from 99-JJ and fold to a raise.
    Posted by Lambert180
    are you describing the hand range of the villain who folds the flop?
    the reason I ask is that the guy who is still in has just called preflop I would think myself when he calls the flop I would go for a value bet on the turn then on the river we will have got a decent amount in the pot and if he was chasing the flush then he has hit it now and if he had the K well he lost a bit value not trying to raise on the turn and if he has weaker pair it will be a big risk to bluff the river when he called the rest.