You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

had enough

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
this site has really done my head in over last two weeks went on a bad run which ended last wed when i won tikays sleep stack only to begin another bad week where not only have i lost my bank roll but im getting calls all over the place the worse been i had k k got raised 90 i re raised him to 500 guy calls flop came q 2 4 so not worried guy raises 50 i reraise 900 guy flat calls turn card comes a 9 guy checks i go all in for 1500 guy instantly calls and shows q 7 !!!!!! river card comes yes u guessed it a 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this luck has happend over and over and over i moved from cash tables to sit and goes double your money low stakes i tried every thing i think this site has finally beat me i just give up 
 so thanks to all over the loverly people who ive chatted to and when my last bit of my bank roll goes im out of here i think
hope all sky poker players have a good christmas and a very good new year  lol any body know any other decent poker sites

Comments

• edited December 2009
    We all have ups and downs mate, and you can get into a rut when your frame of mind isnt right, where you are almost expecting bad beats which in turn effects your play - its a vicious circle and you need to take a break and start again... Dont blow the last of your roll it will just perpetuate things and I can truely say the answer is not on another site... bad runs and bad beats are universal and you will just take your frame of mind with you...

Have a poker holiday and start again when you feel you can play your A game with confidence when your not dwelling on bad beats. 
  • edited December 2009
    From the sounds of it Sim75, you're really looking for a game where you can win every time – guaranteed.

The only thing that I can think of, are those kiosks at travelling fairgrounds, where you use a bamboo stick with a hook to ensnare a plastic duck from a circular pond. The ducks have a number painted on their base, which corresponds to a prize: Usually a plastic sword, a Gonk, a cuddly toy, or a holiday for seven in Sheerness (or anything with a retail value of 50p).

I admit, there's no real skill to it, and certainly no beer or banter, but you will win every time; you won't get outdrawn by a bigger duck or a bigger hook; and the price of the Duck game will suit most bankrolls.

I would have ended this post by stating 'Hope that helps', but even that simple pleasure is denied us here at Sky, as perpetrators of this heinous crime are liable to find themselves making baskets in a Turkish jail, whilst trying to avoid the amorous glances of the longer-term inmates.

Best of luck with your poker. Or ducks.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: had enough:
    We all have ups and downs mate, and you can get into a rut when your frame of mind isnt right, where you are almost expecting bad beats which in turn effects your play - its a vicious circle and you need to take a break and start again... Dont blow the last of your roll it will just perpetuate things and I can truely say the answer is not on another site... bad runs and bad beats are universal and you will just take your frame of mind with you... Have a poker holiday and start again when you feel you can play your A game with confidence when your not dwelling on bad beats. 
    Posted by Rattious
    +1
  • edited December 2009
    I had a recent bad run feels like you just can't win no matter what, all you gotta do is play more tighter and wait for the best cards then go to work.
  • edited December 2009
    cheers peeps for advice let me tell u though i like winning i dont expect to win every hand by any measure i know bad beats are part of poker i have changed my game ive changed my stakes to match ive tried playing tight and playing loose i just cant get my hand to hold out i dont mind losing to the best hand like just had ace king went all in guy calls with pair of jacks he hits his set and i hit two pairs thats poker but when i have ace king and go all in get called by ace 2 and they hit the 2 that takes the mick but its been happening every game ive played ive been playing the £ 5 double sit and goes and the £ 11 and lost almost £500 dont u think enough is enough !!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    cheers peeps for advice let me tell u though i like winning i dont expect to win every hand by any measure i know bad beats are part of poker i have changed my game ive changed my stakes to match ive tried playing tight and playing loose i just cant get my hand to hold out i dont mind losing to the best hand like just had ace king went all in guy calls with pair of jacks he hits his set and i hit two pairs thats poker but when i have ace king and go all in get called by ace 2 and they hit the 2 that takes the mick but its been happening every game ive played ive been playing the £ 5 double sit and goes and the £ 11 and lost almost £500 dont u think enough is enough !!!!!
    Posted by sim75
    Sims I've played you before and your no fool, please take this in the right way.... your on tilt, its a prolonged tilt because your a good player.  I dont mean that your running with rubbish, I mean you are trying to find your A game by jumping around formats and losing money at the same level instead of sticking to a format and dropping down a level or two. 

The best piece of advice offered in Doyle Brunsons super systems is that every now and again, everyone needs to take a total break from poker. Sometimes you can be too involved to see that.
  • edited December 2009

you got no compassion flutnush but that was funny

• edited December 2009
    From the sounds of it Sim75, you're really looking for a game where you can win every time – guaranteed. The only thing that I can think of, are those kiosks at travelling fairgrounds, where you use a bamboo stick with a hook to ensnare a plastic duck from a circular pond. The ducks have a number painted on their base, which corresponds to a prize: Usually a plastic sword, a Gonk, a cuddly toy, or a holiday for seven in Sheerness (or anything with a retail value of 50p). I admit, there's no real skill to it, and certainly no beer or banter, but you will win every time; you won't get outdrawn by a bigger duck or a bigger hook; and the price of the Duck game will suit most bankrolls. I would have ended this post by stating 'Hope that helps', but even that simple pleasure is denied us here at Sky, as perpetrators of this heinous crime are liable to find themselves making baskets in a Turkish jail, whilst trying to avoid the amorous glances of the longer-term inmates. Best of luck with your poker. Or ducks.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Ducks are the NUTZ!
  • edited December 2009

sim 75

honestly I know how  you feel as I have just had a bad run like yourself. Ok not anything like your losses but it still hurts. I got a small cash yesterday which has increased my hope enormously and I hope the same happens to you soon.

And as for you Flutnush you really are a brilliant wordsmith and very funny to boot

• edited December 2009

Hi Don't give up take a break come back after Christmas and try again. I was having some bad luck and decided to post my hands in this forum i was given some good tips. I play sit and go double your money one tip i can give you is sit tight and when i say tight i mean so your rear end goes numb, it sometimes feels like you are not going to hit but trust me you will.

when playing in a tournament sit for at least the first hour only play premium hands, after first hour start to push with any two picture cards.
    A tip tikay gave me was after the first hour do not call always push. The first game i tried this was a £50 i came 4th before this i was winning nothing.

Have a great Christmas and new year hope to see you soon 

• edited December 2009
    Posted by sim75
    Hi i just read this i use to go all in with AK not any more unless i have passed the first hour and if it is double your money! no chance will i go all in with AK at the end of the day it is only Ace high i call to the flop raise then if anyone re-raises i fold and im still in the game try it and see. Good luck
  • edited December 2009
    you not on your own.. ive had bad run as well last 2weeks,been rivered so many times cnt keep count, and to top it all was in the free roll last nt to win a seat 4 7k open 4 sat got down to the last 21 players only 20 seats and went out on AK suited so well gutted