You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bank Charges

edited December 2009 in The Shed
Unbelievably i woke up today to find that i had been charged £20 for some unknown reason ! so i got intouch with my bank crapwest and found out that i had been charged because i apparently went overdrawn by a wopping 28 pence ! and because they charged me it has sent me overdrawn again and they have told me that im going to recieve another charge even tho it is down to them for taking money out my account !

So looking forward to closing down my account tomorrow and opening up a new account elsewhere, only down side is got to wait for it to be all sorted before i can play more poker =( gutted

28 pence !

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Whats wrong with you?? dont you know theirs a recession on, you thought a credit crunch was a cereal? we have to top up the champers x-mas fund, for our bankers party. What with that toe rag chancellor dipping into our bonuses now, and having to pay 50% bloody tax soon, im gonna have to cut down on the Dubai trips.
     PS - Im charging you £20 administration costs , that should cover my time for writing this letter, if you require any more help on this matter please hestitate and dont ask. merry christmas
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Bank Charges:
    Whats wrong with you?? dont you know theirs a recession on, you thought a credit crunch was a cereal? we have to top up the champers x-mas fund, for our bankers party. What with that toe rag chancellor dipping into our bonuses now, and having to pay 50% bloody tax soon, im gonna have to cut down on the Dubai trips.  PS - Im charging you £20 administration costs , that should cover my time for writing this letter, if you require any more help on this matter please hestitate and dont ask. merry christmas
    Posted by loonytoons

LOL,

seriously though, they take the p*********s.  If you dont go OD often you can phone them and they may write off the charges.  But if youve already closed down your acc I spose its too late.

• edited December 2009
    Hey Gavin,

There are like a million cases currently being processed where you can reclaim any charges over £12 back from your back. £12 is the legal amount they can charge. However due to a lot of people not knowing this they get away with it time after time after time.

I reclaimed nearly £3000 (I'm rubbish with my finances) about 2 years ago. And you can claim up to 6 years worth of fees.

I was lucky as I got in before it all went crazy and now the banks are in court about it and the case is going through so these claims are just queueing up. But def worth getting your in there.

There are actually companies that will do everything for you on your behalf for a small percentage of your rebate.
    Just type 'get back your bank charges' into Google and you'll find all the info you need as well as a letter template you can send to your bank.

Of course if it's just the £20.. Give them a call and have a go!! There's no way the automated computer that adds this charge  is worth any admin fee.

God listen to me!! I sound like a dodgey Pyramid Scheme!

xx