You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

**** Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV! ****

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey everyone!

Hope you're all well and coping in this heat wave we've been hit with! I've been loving it, which will become visible when we go on air at 7pm.... apparently I have a 'dirty tan'...that's a compliment I think!! Anyway, I'm back again for another 5 hour poker chat and I'll be joined by the fabulously knowledgable Ryan Spittles in the Sky Poker studio tonight. He was obviously out in Vegas for the WSOP so we'll hear all the goss from him and as always he'll be offering his usual tips for all of you lovely people on your poker play.

So here's how tonight shapes up:

Live from 7pm-Midnight with Ryan Spittles & Jules Sowa

7pm - 8pm  - We'll be focussing on cash play for the first hour, where we'll take a look at your hands from our Mastercash televised tables!

8pm - Midnight - It's all about the Primo! It's a Sunday which means Primo time! It's our main event with a massive £10,000 GTD so get yourselves involved and we'll be following your progress throughout the night! Good luck!

So that's the show for tonight! In other news, apart from me sunning myself to a crisp, I have to share one thing with you all that has excited me (just a bit!)... Yesterday, I bought my wedding dress!!!! Sorry guys, I know you probably can't get that excited about this, but it's pretty much one of the most exciting things that can happen to a girl so I couldn't resist in sharing it! It cost me a bloody fortune but I think it's worth every penny! SO, as a side note on the show, let's chat about some of the most exciting things that have happened to you lot... Maybe one of your biggest poker wins? Or maybe some other massive life changing event in your life! Or how about you tell me what the most expensive thing you've EVER bought is, coz this most definitely is mine!!! Perhaps it was a treat after a big poker win?

Get in touch and let's have some fun on the show tonight!
E-mail - skyopen@bskyb.com
Tweet - #skypokertv 

Or ofcourse post here on the forum!

See you soon guys and don't forget to get any of your poker questions in for Ryan aswell!

Jules xx

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Hi hope you have a great show tonight, I have been off playing my poker elsewhere for a long time due to other friends playing on other sites. But in the end you always come home!

I predominantly an MTT player but have been playing a bit of cash up until recently.

If its possible could you run this hand hiding the opponents cards

Hand History #672862760

Master cash 2

Background - This player was very aggro so my thought process is that he has wide range pre so I am likely good on the flop, so now  I want to look weak. I then bet the turn and get min raised! now as a tourney player my instinct was to come back over the top, should I?? am I missing value by just calling this and the river most of the time?

Is checking the ace high flop ok with the above thoughts?
    Have a brilliant show

Kalie xx
  • edited July 2013
    Evening guys,

Have a good show!

Could you please show this hand from last week's Primo. It caused quite a debate in the clinic beacuse I played it pretty weak/tight.

A bit of background, at this point I was like 2nd or 3rd in chips and it was still quite early, the villian was the only person on the table who could virtually stack me and had been a complete maniac so far. I probably chickened out a bit and at the time just wanted to find a safer spot to 'get him' cos I knew if I call the turn I'm pretty much committed to stacking off.

Hand History #671450573 (20:53 14/07/2013)

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: **** Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV! ****:
    The most expensive thing I've ever bought (and coincidentally the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me) was my house. OK, a house purchase may not be a particularly novel experience, and doesn't have the same emotional charge as a wedding dress, but it does have the great advantage that you can wear it every day for the rest of your life. Only joking. I hope you have a great day and a happy married life. All the best Ian
    Posted by 4EVERGREEN
    Haha that's definitely a big purchase Ian!! I'm not sure how you can wear it though, but I suppose you do get to enjoy it everyday :) thanks for the post :) see you live in a few minutes! :)
  • edited July 2013
    Good Evening Jules & Ryan!

Your question Jules, reminded me of a mistake I made while I was doing the online grocery shopping.

I accidently bought 10 packs of bacon instead of 1.

As you can imagine, it was a bit of shock to be in possession of so much bacon, and a shock to realise that I had spent £20 on it! That was a big purchase :)
  • edited July 2013
    Good Evening Jules & Ryan! Your question Jules, reminded me of a mistake I made while I was doing the online grocery shopping. I accidently bought 10 packs of bacon instead of 1. As you can imagine, it was a bit of shock to be in possession of so much bacon, and a shock to realise that I had spent £20 on it! That was a big purchase :)
    Posted by Llamas
    Hahahaha this is amazing!!!! So much MEAT!!!!!! Did you eat it all?! Lol x
  • edited July 2013
    Good evening guys hope your both well.  Any updates on resizeable tables and maybe getting plo on tv.

Have a good show.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: **** Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV! **** : Hahahaha this is amazing!!!! So much MEAT!!!!!! Did you eat it all?! Lol x
    Posted by Jules_Sowa
    I had some family to help me through it thankfully! Couldn't look at bacon the same way for a very long time :(

Will not be making that mistake again lol *facepalm*
  • edited July 2013
    post for ryan as creator of timed cash game.

Was the £55 "timed cash game" only start with 20BB.(thursday night)

How is that a cash game. thanks
  • edited July 2013
    Off to watch the Ashes 3rd Test on August 1st in Manchester, Should be another great 5 days of cricket and a brilliant experience. Theres Nothing better than beating the Aussies and to be there to hopefully witness it will be amazing.

Have a Great Show Tonight! Cheers Ant
  • edited July 2013
    Quick brag, I sat into the main and the mini for just over £20 tonight!

Although I did give out an horrendous bad beat to get top 2 in the main sat, apologies to the person I did this to!
    Kalie
  • edited July 2013
    Evening all!

I would love for you to analyze some of my play - i struggle with the aggresive side of my game and any tips you could give me would be fantastic - or if i play a hand bad the feedback would be great!

Call me C5 for short ;P
  • edited July 2013
    The most expensive thing I ever got?  A divorce!

Hope the wedding goes well :)
  • edited July 2013
    my most exciting thing ever was probably when I  got past the bubble in an MTT when I was left with just 30 chips when the blinds were still just 15/30
    and better still I finished 2nd in it
    it fealt like a miricle
  • edited July 2013

Richard in the lowest stakes bounty hunters will jamming mean they usually have the best have for sure and just hope for the call to get the head.
    with me I would usually want to do value bets so make the call when they have shoved thinkingthey are bluffing or have draw to find out they have a monster.

• edited July 2013
    Evening great show. I am still in the Primo cant believe it lol.  Yes I really am Nannypat and ironically  I did grow up in Essex although I now live in Kent. Quick question for Ryan when getting to this end of the tournament should you widen your playing range. Im fairly new and don't ever play at this stake except when I manage to satellite in so not sure. Thanks
    Regards
  • edited July 2013

Hand History #673362666 (22:37 21/07/2013)

Unfortunately out now I think this was my downfall can you cover cards and see what Ryan would do on the turn.

I'm assuming it's the complete opposite to what I done lol
    Great show tonight guys!

• edited July 2013
    Thanks for showing my hands tonight! Loving the show.

My best finish was 6th in Turbo Tuesday - so hopefully tonight I can better than that.

The latter aggressive stages is what i struggle with so hopefully i can do well!
  • edited July 2013
    Just a quick thank you for showing my hands. I must admit I probably should have been a bit more careful on my last hand but I am absolutely thrilled never won that much before so Im happy. especially as It only cost me 2.60.
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks for the kind comments from various peeps tonight. Shame I'm gonna miss the show on Tuesday but (thin brag) I fly to Hong Kong tomorrow. 

I did butcher a couple of hands so perhaps it's best I'm not around ;)