You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

back after banning myself for a month

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
will I regret it ? starting to already played 2 mtt ,sitting there getting dealt same old cards, building my chip stack up slowly. and go out of both tourneys to people who shouldn't even call a raise but hit on the river both times , way bigger chip stacks than me so I shouldn't be surprised , il keep plugging away till this bank roll as gone then that be it for me il quit playing altogether.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    my bottom lip is quivering,please stop.now
  • edited July 2013
    So you mean... you went away, came back... and the game of poker hadn't changed?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to back after banning myself for a month:
    will I regret it ? starting to already played 2 mtt ,sitting there getting dealt same old cards, building my chip stack up slowly. and go out of both tourneys to people who shouldn't even call a raise but hit on the river both times , way bigger chip stacks than me so I shouldn't be surprised , il keep plugging away till this bank roll as gone then that be it for me il quit playing altogether.
    Posted by screwy27
    Hey Screwy

It might be worth looking at your hand histories, could you have played your 2 exit hands differently?

Could be bad beats, but there might be mistakes in there too.

Might help you to post some hands on the pokerclinic, and all different manner of players will give you feedback on the hands.

Also, do you follow any sort of bankroll management? If you are losing quite a bit, maybe try playing lower stakes.

Most importantly are you enjoying your poker? The tone of your post would suggest maybe not. If at this time you arn't maybe take a bit of a longer break away from the game. If you are not enjoying it it's not worth it.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to back after banning myself for a month:
    Posted by screwy27
    If you are propagating the myth that the larger stacks always win, then there's an easy way to profit. When a smaller stack than you raises and you're last to act, just go all in. Sound ridiculous? You bet!

Larger stacks can put pressure on post flop, and they may be willing to take a chance given you could be shoving light depending on your stack size - even moreso in a BH tournament.  I'm willing to bet that the horrendous beats you're moaning about are mainly you losing 60/40s, like when someone calls your AQ with KJ or whatever.

Don't quit the game because you don't understand probability, but by all means quit if you're not enjoying it. Good luck.
  • edited July 2013

you are correct in your observations.  you have started to notice.  in a tournament of 300 players, the number of players being knocked out by a larger stack is 299.  that's how it works, everytime.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: back after banning myself for a month:
    you are correct in your observations.  you have started to notice.  in a tournament of 300 players, the number of players being knocked out by a larger stack is 299.  that's how it works, everytime.    
    Posted by aussie09
    This sounds plausible.

Is there a link to a video on YouTube, explaining this in more detail?

Thank you :)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to back after banning myself for a month : If you are propagating the myth that the larger stacks always win, then there's an easy way to profit. When a smaller stack than you raises and you're last to act, just go all in. Sound ridiculous? You bet! Larger stacks can put pressure on post flop, and they may be willing to take a chance given you could be shoving light depending on your stack size - even moreso in a BH tournament.  I'm willing to bet that the horrendous beats you're moaning about are mainly you losing 60/40s, like when someone calls your AQ with KJ or whatever. Don't quit the game because you don't understand probability, but by all means quit if you're not enjoying it. Good luck.
    Posted by bbMike
    I understand the game and enjoy playing it , last 2 mtt gone out to hands that no one in there right mind would call that's whats doing my head in , I had AA blinds 1000/500 I go all in 15800 chips other player goes all in 28000 turns over 24 of suit flop comes k24 unbelievable, next one blinds 800/400 get jj flop comes j98 guy goes all in I call he turns 67 hits 5 on river that's why I took a month of , was playing ok making a decent profit then hit a bad 3 months loseing to larger stacks everytime despite being ahead and people just hitting gut shots everytime
  • edited July 2013
    So you mean... you went away, came back... and the game of poker hadn't changed?
    Posted by Lambert180
    no poker asnt changed not saying that just people calling with cards you wouldn't call with and hitting everytime
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to back after banning myself for a month : Hey Screwy It might be worth looking at your hand histories, could you have played your 2 exit hands differently? Could be bad beats, but there might be mistakes in there too. Might help you to post some hands on the pokerclinic, and all different manner of players will give you feedback on the hands. Also, do you follow any sort of bankroll management? If you are losing quite a bit, maybe try playing lower stakes. Most importantly are you enjoying your poker? The tone of your post would suggest maybe not. If at this time you arn't maybe take a bit of a longer break away from the game. If you are not enjoying it it's not worth it. Good luck to you in whatever you decide.
    Posted by LARSON7
    thanks Larson will try that anything to improve my game
  • edited July 2013
    my bottom lip is quivering,please stop.now
    Posted by stokefc
    comeing from a stoke fan surprised your neck isn't hurting aswell
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: back after banning myself for a month : This sounds plausible. Is there a link to a video on YouTube, explaining this in more detail? Thank you :)
    Posted by TheDart
    no there isn't but theres  a facebook group just for sky badbeats( bad losers complaing all internet poker is fixed) some fun reading on there
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: back after banning myself for a month : comeing from a stoke fan surprised your neck isn't hurting aswell
    Posted by screwy27
    "smiley"
    sorry m8 was abit wasted last night,its just that i,ve read so many posts like the op thinking like its some kind of conspiricy when really the problem is you dont seem to understand the variance aspect of the game,learn to cope more with the variance aspect of the game the easier and more relaxed you,ll play and profits should return
    play within your BR beats shouldn,t hurt
    anyways gl screwy
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: back after banning myself for a month : "smiley" sorry m8 was abit wasted last night,its just that i,ve read so many posts like the op thinking like its some kind of conspiricy when really the problem is you dont seem to understand the variance aspect of the game,learn to cope more with the variance aspect of the game the easier and more relaxed you,ll play and profits should return play within your BR beats shouldn,t hurt anyways gl screwy
    Posted by stokefc
    I understand variance aspect AA win 80% of the time KK will lose to AK some of the time same as other pairs if someone holding higher card than you but what im getting at is your dealt AA blinds 1000/500 your raise to 4000 some one calls you all in with 24 and beats you time and time again always the larger stack at late stage of tourney!! just pees you of after sitting there for a few hours but im going to limp in now with decent hands see how that goes