You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there anything more infuriating

When you get knocked out of a bountyhunter by some moron calling your shove with any two cards that could never be ahead in a million years.

Yes yes yes, I know, its great when you get it in way ahead but its still infuriating beyond belief when somebody consciously calls with a hand they know will be second best and luck out.

I can accept losing to people chasing draws, because there is at least some logical play in that. Or even if I am low stacked in a bounty - fine, but the stacks were about 7600 to me and 8200 to them, so they call off J4off suit - just had to vent this

Back to cash, bhunters are too tilting.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    You want them to call.
  • edited July 2013
    Congratulations you totally missed the point.
  • edited July 2013
    thats poker get over it
  • edited July 2013
    That's how we make the moniez. You must know how silly it sounds to say 'I don't wanna play BHs anymore cos people keep getting it in bad'
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Funny that Lambert, cant quite find your quote in my original post.

If you care to read it again, you will realise what I actually said was I am quitting btees as they put me on tilt. Tilt is never profitable for a session so its a good poker decision.

And yes, again, I said I like them getting it in behind. But I find it tilting when losing to a player that called with a hand that they know is behind.

For somebody that would have us believe is a good player, not so much with the comprehension hey.
  • edited July 2013
    He didn't directly quote you. He put essentially what you were saying in as many words.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more infuriating:
    He didn't directly quote you. He put essentially what you were saying in as many words.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Good grief, is it really that hard to understand?

I am not saying I will not play in situations where players play bad, I am saying I will try and avoid situations that send me into hypertilt.

I will go back to 4nl, where they play is still lolbeatable, but doesnt tilt me.

Please read it until it goes in.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more infuriating : Good grief, is it really that hard to understand? I am not saying I will not play in situations where players play bad, I am saying I will try and avoid situations that send me into hypertilt. Please read it until it goes in.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Yes you are.
  • edited July 2013
    You're right.
    I can't think of anything more infuriating in the world then losing a hand at poker.
    You were ahead as well!
    What a total moron the other player is for clicking the call button.
    He should probably get banned from the site.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more infuriating : Yes you are.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Oh no i`m not
  • edited July 2013
    Oh yes you .......

no, no - mustn´t get dragged into this, however tempting it looks

FWIW ccf - doesn´t this apply to all poker - admittedly BHs on Sky are pretty bad for this but i get knocked out of so many tournaments when getting it in ahead - coolers are in the minority - and no it´s not infuriating at all - well ok a little bit - and at times a big bit but it happens so often have to get over it
  • edited July 2013
    Think you got a bit of hard time there calc from some of the above and I think I know where you're coming from.

Having said that I don't think it's infuriating losing a hand when your ahead. I think it's losing a hand when your ahead to some (insert expletive) who wins the hand calling with rubbish and then they walk away thinking to themselves "what a great call that was with 10 8 off, what a great player I am, I'm so much better than that guy I knocked out"

Long term it's good that this guy (or gal) goes on thinking he's an absolute superstar and continues with the crazy calls but jeez sometimes it's hard not giving them a mouthful to bring them back down to earth. Just have to keep telling myself "long term this guy pays me money" and just bite my lip!
  • edited July 2013

I just thought I should warn you CCF until you are able to play on nl10/20p I would just not bother at all with MTT
    you have already seem how costly they have been to me
    all them KK hands were from BH.

• edited July 2013
    This is such nonsense, it's called variance. It's no different when you play 4NL you will get some complete maniacs who go all in with T4o and sometimes they'll beat your AK, just the same as in an MTT.

I'm by no means a great MTT player but I'm using me cos I can't think of any other MTT players who just play purely small MTTs.

Here's my SS stats from Scheduled tourneys since I started on Sky...

Lambert180
    SCHEDULED
    Count = 568
    Av Profit = £0.89
    Av Stake = £4.61
    Av ROI = 47.2%
    Profit = £505

So I pretty much exclusively play small MTTs, shown by my average stake, usually only £5 and under MTTs, I'm not even that good an MTT player and I have (if I do say so myself) a pretty sick ROI, and a pretty decent profit from only small MTTs... AND this doesn't even take into account the fact I've probably won another £150-£200+ in heads during that time but SS doesn't count bounties.

Given that 90% of MTTs on Sky are BHs, it's safe to assume 90% of the above volume is frmo BHs

Profit can be made in these games BECAUSE of these bad calls, not despite them.

• edited July 2013

What did you shove with?

Please say j3 off, please say j3 off!

It is annoying when you lose but hey ho there is a lobby full of tourneys just move on.
    I tilt easy trust me but at the end of the day if you are getting it in ahead you will win eventually simples

• edited July 2013
    This is such nonsense, it's called variance. It's no different when you play 4NL you will get some complete maniacs who go all in with T4o and sometimes they'll beat your AK, just the same as in an MTT. I'm by no means a great MTT player but I'm using me cos I can't think of any other MTT players who just play purely small MTTs. Here's my SS stats from Scheduled tourneys since I started on Sky... Lambert180 SCHEDULED Count = 568 Av Profit = £0.89 Av Stake = £4.61 Av ROI = 47.2% Profit = £505 So I pretty much exclusively play small MTTs, shown by my average stake, usually only £5 and under MTTs, I'm not even that good an MTT player and I have (if I do say so myself) a pretty sick ROI, and a pretty decent profit from only small MTTs... AND this doesn't even take into account the fact I've probably won another £150-£200+ in heads during that time but SS doesn't count bounties. Given that 90% of MTTs on Sky are BHs, it's safe to assume 90% of the above volume is frmo BHs Profit can be made in these games BECAUSE of these bad calls, not despite them.                    
    Posted by Lambert180

that is good, mines pretty sick too ( as in THAT SUCKS sick, -2.7% yes that is a minus )
  • edited July 2013
    This is such nonsense, it's called variance. It's no different when you play 4NL you will get some complete maniacs who go all in with T4o and sometimes they'll beat your AK, just the same as in an MTT. I'm by no means a great MTT player but I'm using me cos I can't think of any other MTT players who just play purely small MTTs. Here's my SS stats from Scheduled tourneys since I started on Sky... Lambert180 SCHEDULED Count = 568 Av Profit = £0.89 Av Stake = £4.61 Av ROI = 47.2% Profit = £505 So I pretty much exclusively play small MTTs, shown by my average stake, usually only £5 and under MTTs, I'm not even that good an MTT player and I have (if I do say so myself) a pretty sick ROI, and a pretty decent profit from only small MTTs... AND this doesn't even take into account the fact I've probably won another £150-£200+ in heads during that time but SS doesn't count bounties. Given that 90% of MTTs on Sky are BHs, it's safe to assume 90% of the above volume is frmo BHs Profit can be made in these games BECAUSE of these bad calls, not despite them.                    
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'm nearly certain ss does count bounties. Whether it catches them all or always has recorded them is another thing but scope player "wagwon123" (apologies for using him as example if he's reading this) but he came 31st out of 37 in tonight's £55 bh and his profit was -£36.25. Which is one bounty of £18.75
  • edited July 2013
    Ah fair enough, they must have only brought this in recently cos I know they never used to count them and (maybe they do now) but they never used to count rebuys either which is why people who play bucketloads of frenzies look like they have an amazing graph.
  • edited July 2013
    Ah fair enough, they must have only brought this in recently cos I know they never used to count them and (maybe they do now) but they never used to count rebuys either which is why people who play bucketloads of frenzies look like they have an amazing graph.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah think you're right and as far as i know rebuys still aren't counted. Could be wrong though I don't play that many mtts to know for sure.

• edited July 2013
    Think you got a bit of hard time there calc from some of the above and I think I know where you're coming from. Having said that I don't think it's infuriating losing a hand when your ahead. I think it's losing a hand when your ahead to some (insert expletive) who wins the hand calling with rubbish and then they walk away thinking to themselves "what a great call that was with 10 8 off, what a great player I am, I'm so much better than that guy I knocked out" Long term it's good that this guy (or gal) goes on thinking he's an absolute superstar and continues with the crazy calls but jeez sometimes it's hard not giving them a mouthful to bring them back down to earth. Just have to keep telling myself "long term this guy pays me money" and just bite my lip!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Finally, somebody who actually understands what I am saying to some extent. But you are still missIng the point. Read this please slowly.

I DO NOT GET INFURIATED WHEN LOSING A HAND THAT I AM AHEAD IN

I GET INFURIATED WHEN I LOSE A HAND TO A PLAYER THAT KNOWS THEY ARE CALLING WITH A MUCH WORSE HAND

I realise this is +ve, but it doesnt mean that it cannot be very a annoying.

If anybody still misses the point, quite frankly you are probably due to be collected by the blue bus.

Put it another way. What I have mentioned in the original post, is the most infuriating way, imo, to get knocked out of a tourney.

As a comparable, say, losing a hand to somebody that cannot fold a flush draw, no matter the odds, isnt really annoying at all, because I can see there logic.

And lambert, you are wrong, even at 4nl, you are not going to get a call by somebody who KNOWS THEIR HAND IS WORSE (aside from after a flop and chasing a draw). Neither would that happen at a non bounty hunter tourney.
  • edited July 2013
    Given that 90% of MTTs on Sky are BHs,                   
    Posted by Lambert180
    What school of maths did you go to????

Plus, of course, your stats have no relvance whatsoever to this thread.

I was saying about what method of getting knocked out makes me most angry/infuriated. This is nothing to do with statistics.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more infuriating : Finally, somebody who actually understands what I am saying to some extent. But you are still missIng the point. Read this please slowly. I DO NOT GET INFURIATED WHEN LOSING A HAND THAT I AM AHEAD IN I GET INFURIATED WHEN I LOSE A HAND TO A PLAYER THAT KNOWS THEY ARE CALLING WITH A MUCH WORSE HAND I realise this is +ve, but it doesnt mean that it cannot be very a annoying. If anybody still misses the point, quite frankly you are probably due to be collected by the blue bus. Put it another way. What I have mentioned in the original post, is the most infuriating way, imo, to get knocked out of a tourney. As a comparable, say, losing a hand to somebody that cannot fold a flush draw, no matter the odds, isnt really annoying at all, because I can see there logic. And lambert, you are wrong, even at 4nl, you are not going to get a call by somebody who KNOWS THEIR HAND IS WORSE (aside from after a flop and chasing a draw). Neither would that happen at a non bounty hunter tourney.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Well they don't KNOW, unless they're a 'superuser' of course! ;-)

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Is there anything more infuriating : What school of maths did you go to???? Plus, of course, your stats have no relvance whatsoever to this thread. I was saying about what method of getting knocked out makes me most angry/infuriated. This is nothing to do with statistics.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Yeah sorry my response wasn't to your OP, it was to Craig who basically said don't play small stakes BHs.

But yeah, take out satellites and about 90% of MTTs on here are BHs, don't think there's anything wrong with my maths lol
  • edited July 2013
    27 posts in b b and v!
    Whilst I totally disagree with calcalfold on pretty much everything he posts, he certainly provokes discussion.
  • edited July 2013
    Ok no probs Lambert,

I wouldnt say quite 90%, but then i cannae be bothered to work it out exactly.

Peace
  • edited July 2013
    lol just seen this, calcs posts are lively

Every forum needs a calc
  • edited July 2013

Holly:

"And the moral of the story, appreciate what you`ve got, because basically, i`m fantastic!"