You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turning back time

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

If you could go back in time and speak to yourself about poker, imparting all your experience - what advice would you give yourself? What would you have done differently to make yourself a better player?

Comments

• edited July 2013

Picked the name 'Tommyd' as my player alias.
  • edited July 2013
    I'd tell myself when I was like 17 to start reading all the things I have now and play as much as possible so I could crush all the fish that were supposedly about after the poker boom (I turned 18 in 2004 - perfect timing).

Instead I didn't really start to work on my game much until about 2011.
  • edited July 2013

Remember, if it were not for those really bad players making terible calls, we could all be winners at poker.

Ban them all, imo.

More seriously, as my tongue was firmly planted in cheek, r
    espect ALL our opponents.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Turning back time:
    Remember, if it were not for those really bad players making terible calls, we could all be winners at poker. Ban them all, imo. More seriously, as my tongue was firmly planted in cheek, r espect ALL our opponents.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1 to this.

I saw your interview with Channing in Vegas which was great, and I assume you've seen it (if not, you should give it a read) but he also wrote a blog with a similar theme on his own poker site. It baffles me how so many people can be just rude human beings, even when you take the poker element out of it, it's just a case of manners.

• edited July 2013

easy this for me,it would have been phoebe,and not paige,phoebe is dafter than me, charmed :):):):)

• edited July 2013
    Instead of gettin me mates drunk, who could'nt play poker anyway.
    Played some propper games, like here on Sky, apart from them 72/83 all-iners who knock
    you out off tornies...lol
  • edited July 2013
    Drunk less last night   ....... came 2nd in the Charlotte freeroll

Harsh bubble
  • edited July 2013
    1) Pay more attention to position.

2) Dont spend every spare minute playing, enjoy youth while it lasts.
  • edited July 2013
    Always play the cards, not the money!

If you're in a game where the money means more than the enjoyment from playing.
    You're at the wrong table! drop down a level!
  • edited July 2013
    I,d tell myself to stop playing kalooki and 3 card brag in the snooker hall and start studying Texas Hold em

I,d also invest all my money in  domain names like "skypoker.com" among others as soon as the internet was available - then when i,ve sold them all invest the profits in gold. (if only)

• edited July 2013

I'd say Mum, Dont show me how to play "gin rummy & black jack" Teach me PoKer, maybe then i might win an Main Event b4 i'm 50.