You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Onward TK Soldiers

As our glorious leader has been summoned to meet the Gods in the North and is therefore presently indisposed some of my brethren have asked me to give a rousing sermon to our troops who have suffered a farcical defeat at the hands of the conspirators. I say do not worry my children for we will be delivered to the promised land of the 1000 pound freeroll because we are the righteous ones. 

We will arise as it states in the gospels of the poker gods who I quote below:-

"Let us consider that wonderful sign which takes place in the poker lands, that is, on the felt and the tables round about. There is a certain bird which is called a phoenix. This is the only one of its kind, and it lives five hundred years. And when the time of its dissolution draws near that it must die, it builds itself a nest of chips and cards, into which, when the time has come, it enters and dies. But as the flesh decays a certain kind of spirit is produced, which, being nourished by the juices of defeat, brings forth fresh life. Then, when it has acquired strength, it takes up that nest in which are the bones of its past failure and bearing these it passes from the land of poker into Emmortality, to the city called Roulette. And, in open day, flying in the sight of all men, it places them on the altar of the sun, and having done this, hastens back to its former abode. The priests then inspect the registers of the fifteenth day of December, and find that it has returned exactly to paradise and the thousand pound freeroll was the prize."

Yes my children we will arise like the Pheonix from the Ashes and true victory will be ours . Of this I have no doubt

Comments

• edited December 2009

I am with you all the way father........but do some prayers please (just in case)

The BEST team will win in the end me thinks.
  • edited December 2009
    You the man father!!! with the big man on our side we have no fear!! right behind ya all the way my son!! ;)
  • edited December 2009

Your sermon inspired  our prayers but how about a hymn.

Onward tk soldiers, marching on to win,

with the team of orford, who will not win again.

Tk, the royal master, leads against the foe;

Forward into battle, see the orfords fall.

At the sign of triumph Richard will doth flee,

On then tk soldiers, on to victory.

Skys foundations quiver at our victory roll;

As tks' players play for our freeroll.

• edited December 2009
    Great minds think alike.  Here's my version of the same hymn.

Onward, Tikay soldiers,
    Marching as to war,
    Going on before;
    Tikay, the poker Master
    Leads against the foe;
    Forward into battle,
    See, his soldiers go.
    Onward, Tikay soldiers, Marching as to war,
    With our leader’s banner going on before.  

At the sign of triumph
    Orford's host doth flee;
    On then, Tikay soldiers,
    On to victory.
    Orford's foundations quiver
    At the shout of ‘raise’;
    Brothers, lift your voices,
    Loud our winners praise.

Onward, Tikay soldiers marching as to war,
    Crowns and thrones may perish,
    Kingdoms rise and wane,
    But the Team of Tikay
    Constant will remain;
    Orford's few can never
    'Gainst these men prevail;
    We place our faith in Deepstack,
    And we cannot fail.

Onward then, ye people,
    Join our happy throng,
    Blend with ours your voices
    In the triumph song;
    Glory, laud, and honour
    Unto Tikay, the King;
    This through countless ages
    All his team shall sing.
  • edited December 2009
    A lot better effort well done
  • edited December 2009
    Now I've got the bug for hymns - this one is to the tune of 'When A Knight won his spurs in the battles of Old' - you probably need to be over 50 to know it.

When Tikay won his bracelet, on the tables of old,
    He was gentle and brave, he was gallant and bold;
    With ‘shove’ on his lips,  a big pair in his hand,
    Sporting the burgundy jacket he’d got from the band.

No full house have I, but I’ve friends by my side,
    And we’ll battle the Orfords with courage and  pride,
    When we triumph next week - Jaegarbomb will have fled,
    Along with Rich and Kalooki and their hopes will be dead.

Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
    'Gainst the dragons of Orford, and the ogres of greed;
    Let us get quad aces, - age WILL conquer youth,
    And Team Tikay gets the Freeroll and we all know the truth
    TEAM TIKAY RULES.
  • edited December 2009
    Brilliant hymns ladies

love it, i have amended one of your verses tho Jan, hope you dont mind!:)

Onward then, ye people,
    Join our happy throng,
    Bringeth on next forfeit,
    Orford in a thong;
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Onward TK Soldiers:
    Brilliant poems ladies love it, i have amended one of your verses tho Jan, hope you dont mind!:) Onward then, ye people, Join our happy throng, Bringeth on next forfeit, Orford in a thong;
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    That's much better - feel free to amend as much as you want.

Jan x
  • edited December 2009
    Onward then, ye people, Join our happy throng, Blend with ours your voices In the triumph song; Glory, laud, and honour Unto Tikay, the King; This through countless ages All his team shall sing. Onward, Tikay soldiers m arching as to war, With our leader’s banner g oing on before.  
    Posted by sophiesmum
    Tikay's countless age?
    This bit at least rings true. :-)
  • edited December 2009
    My Children we have arose from the fires of he ll, with spirit like this we can 't be beaten now.

Karlluke for Team Choirmaster me thinks and brilliant Jan but I won't suggest a further burden of Hymn lyrycist for you, you are working hard enough already.

Time for those Orfords to rush for their prayer books. 
  • edited December 2009
    age WILL conquer youth
    Posted by sophiesmum
    I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade here- but isn't there a serious possibilty that a large proportion of Team Tikay will pass away during the Deepstack? I mean, it could go on for months.

The Tikay tacticians might want to adopt a 'shove on every hand' strategy or campaign for a quicker tournament.

Just trying to help....

;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Onward TK Soldiers : I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade here- but isn't there a serious possibilty that a large proportion of Team Tikay will pass away during the Deepstack? I mean, it could go on for months. The Tikay tacticians might want to adopt a 'shove on every hand' strategy or campaign for a quicker tournament. Just trying to help.... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    ORFORD!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Onward TK Soldiers:
    As our glorious leader has been summoned to meet the Gods in the North and is therefore presently indisposed some of my brethren have asked me to give a rousing sermon to our troops who have suffered a farcical defeat at the hands of the conspirators. I say do not worry my children for we will be delivered to the promised land of the 1000 pound freeroll because we are the righteous ones.  We will arise as it states in the gospels of the poker gods who I quote below:- "Let us consider that wonderful sign which takes place in the poker lands, that is, on the felt and the tables round about. There is a certain bird which is called a phoenix. This is the only one of its kind, and it lives five hundred years. And when the time of its dissolution draws near that it must die, it builds itself a nest of chips and cards, into which, when the time has come, it enters and dies. But as the flesh decays a certain kind of spirit is produced, which, being nourished by the juices of defeat, brings forth fresh life. Then, when it has acquired strength, it takes up that nest in which are the bones of its past failure and bearing these it passes from the land of poker into Emmortality, to the city called Roulette. And, in open day, flying in the sight of all men, it places them on the altar of the sun, and having done this, hastens back to its former abode. The priests then inspect the registers of the fifteenth day of December, and find that it has returned exactly to paradise and the thousand pound freeroll was the prize." Yes my children we will arise like the Pheonix from the Ashes and true victory will be ours . Of this I have no doubt 
    Posted by vaigret
    A most ROUSING speech Father.. I initially had  typo there that I almost left in for sheer amusement..but that would have looked like your speech had a whole OTHER effect ..Oops!

x
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Onward TK Soldiers : I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade here- but isn't there a serious possibilty that a large proportion of Team Tikay will pass away during the Deepstack? I mean, it could go on for months.  ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Perhaps as a gesture of goodwill us youngsters in Team Orford could adopt a Tikayer and perhaps check in on them at stages in the deep stack.  Winter is coming and you can't be too careful.

Whether or not the team decides to adopt this idea I will selflessly offer to check on Lisa-Marie.
  • edited December 2009
    I saw a heap of milk bottles and copies of "Train Spotters Weekly" building up outside Tikay's door.
    Should I be concerned?
  • edited December 2009
    I saw a heap of milk bottles and copies of "Train Spotters Weekly" building up outside Tikay's door. Should I be concerned?
    Posted by MereNovice
    No. But you should probably be ARRESTED you stalker ;)

x
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Onward TK Soldiers : I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade here- but isn't there a serious possibilty that a large proportion of Team Tikay will pass away during the Deepstack? I mean, it could go on for months. The Tikay tacticians might want to adopt a 'shove on every hand' strategy or campaign for a quicker tournament. Just trying to help.... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD

just make sure you have the number for the samaritians in 2 weeks time fella!! we don't wanna hear your sad luck stories. By having that number you'll be able to speak to someone who cares ;) or you can talk to frank, i hear he's a good listener too! ;)

Just trying to help ;)
  • edited December 2009

You may think think that the younger u are the better, however tk team are like a good red wine the older the better and much more patient.  Thats why you will see more team tk in the monthly free roll for those who come at the top of the table in the stt and mtt.  When was the last time u see orford,

never, never, never

on a nother note we have a younger side to our team who learn from the master.

ask yourself a question orfuls   which teacher did u have at school who made the best contribution to your education.

Experience or the naive teacher?
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for your support Tikayers we will prevail.

what makes you think you'll take us to the Deep Stack leg Rich.

Counting chickens again.
  • edited December 2009

we will be back

• edited December 2009
    Thanks Father for the sermon and Jan and karluke for the hymns.
    The coming battle will be a victorious one for Team Tikay and we will march onward to the deepstack and take that down as well.
    The Orfordites may be young but they are also impetuous and will not have the stamina or patience to keep going in the deepstack.