You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

APAT Standings after round 4

Its extremely tight at the top of the leaderboard now. I think the top 5 are pretty much guarenteed a seat now but the other seats are still up for grabs. With 5 people tied on the bubble with 18 points, its anybodys guess who will qualify.
POSITION PLAYER POINTS
1st TALLBOY 32
2nd KAIDUS 31
3rd SOLARCARRO 30
4th KARLLUKE 28
5th LOKI-ROGY 28
6th MIKE1975 23
7th MARGATEMAF 22
8th DELTA 21
9th FLASHFLUSH 18
10th GRIMLOCK 18
11th JAMIELOU 18
12th SHANXTA 18
13th SKY_DAVE 18
14th CORMACH 17
15th ONLYONECT 17
16th JOOBIE538 16
17th REPTON3 13
18th SKY_BERNIE 13
19th GREGHOGG 11
20th GR8TFLOP 8
21st MR_MBRO 7
22nd FLUTNUSH 6
23rd DARICH 5
24th JUMPA 4
25th THEMACKEM 3
26th BIGBLUSTER 2
27th LABRAT64 1
28th MAGGIESDAD 1

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Cracking game tonight, great team spirit.

Amazing comeback from Mike1975 from 200 chips to come 4th

I got very lucky against GregHogg, sorry again Greg.

I am gonna miss these games after next week!

Dave
  • edited December 2009
    Mathematically, 32 will guarantee you a spot, so assume Kaidus remembers to register, Kaidus and Tallboy are locks.
    Depending on field size, anyone down to 19th can still make it.

Just goes to show how good the standard of play is in these qualifiers. Anyone who qualifies can rightfully say they have earnt their place.

I'll run a live thread next week and update the standings as people get knocked out.
    That's if I'm not in a key hand at the time!
  • edited December 2009

It's going to be one major battle next week for the last 3 places for this!.

Really happy with how i played in this aswell as playing Bounty Hunter at the same time!.

Apologies aswell for being a complete luckbox yet again by hitting a straight on the flop not once but TWICE!!

Even though it's not my best cash win on Bounty Hunter , it is my best overall performance on the big Thursday night tourney and i ended up 40th out of 590 runners and i picked a total of nearly £70 so it's been a good night all round!!!

• edited December 2009
    How many points was it for first position? Just wondering if mathematically I can even get in next week.  I thought it was 12 but can't quite remember, even if it was I think it'd be nigh on impossible!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: APAT Standings after round 4:
    Apologies aswell for being a complete luckbox yet again by hitting a straight on the flop not once but TWICE!!
    I'm beginning to see why Team Tikay are a little bitter about your miracle flops! My beautiful QQ called by your scurrilous 56 suited. To be fair, I had let myself get too low, trying to ladder for an extra point, so you had the odds to call.
  • edited December 2009
    Cracking game tonight, great team spirit
    I am gonna miss these games after next week!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Totally agree, plenty of railers and support all round. Really improves my game knowing I'm up against good players and spurred on by the rail - stops me making "LML raises" ;)

Maybe Sky can arrange some private tournaments in the run up to keep us sharp? No prize fund, or else some nominal entry fee. Thursdays won't be the same without this!
  • edited December 2009
    Tonight was a cracking game all round, couldnt hit a thing but i had a blast railing. Some nasty beats out there, but thats poker.
    Cant wait for next week!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: APAT Standings after round 4 : Totally agree, plenty of railers and support all round. Really improves my game knowing I'm up against good players and spurred on by the rail - stops me making "LML raises" ;) Maybe Sky can arrange some private tournaments in the run up to keep us sharp? No prize fund, or else some nominal entry fee. Thursdays won't be the same without this!
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    yes i agree it has been great poker and very enjoyable....gl to all those still with a chance ove wat will be a great event for all those involved. delta
  • edited December 2009
    was great game tonight, just shows a little luck can go a long way.
  • edited December 2009
    Cracking game tonight, great team spirit. Amazing comeback from Mike1975 from 200 chips to come 4th I got very lucky against GregHogg, sorry again Greg. I am gonna miss these games after next week! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro

No need to apologise m8, i hate to use this cliché, but "its poker"

I was happy with the way i played and i was going FTW. All i can do is get my chips in ahead and leave it to the poker Gods.

I've enjoyed these satellites too, and to be fair to those still fighting for their place, i wont play next week.

Mega thanks to Flashflush for organising this, and wp especially to tallboy tonight (classy performance m8)
  • edited December 2009
    It'd be fairer if you did play... E.g for me to have a chance at all I'd need to win and also need people with less points than me to finish in some of the other high scoring positions, but, up to you mind. Meh
  • edited December 2009
    It'd be fairer if you did play... E.g for me to have a chance at all I'd need to win and also need people with less points than me to finish in some of the other high scoring positions, but, up to you mind. Meh
    Posted by repton3

On second thoughts, i guess it would be fairer if i do play... so count me in!

At first i had thought "ill leave them to it" but i see your point about the points available.  

• edited December 2009
    Greg, Repton is right, in order to be as fair as possible the field needs to be as deep as possible. Less people = less points on offer = advantage to those already in the Top 8.

Also, there's cold hard cash for the Top 3 in each leg

Plus, you're still not eliminated yourself, drawing pretty thin, but depending on results, the maths says you can do it.
    What else are you going to be doing on a Thursday evening?
  • edited December 2009
    Oh, you figured it out, my convincing argument was for nothing!
    But anyone else thinking about sitting out - don't!

£50 Freeroll with 20 runners, good banter, even better poker, why wouldn't you play?
  • edited December 2009
    Oh, you figured it out, my convincing arguement was for nothing! But anyone else thinking about sitting out - don't! £50 Freeroll with 20 runners, good banter, even better poker, why wouldn't you play?
    Posted by Loki-Rogy

Im in! but i might splash my chips about more than normal! So be warned!

• edited December 2009
    Just as long as you splash a few my way!
  • edited December 2009

Here's a thought say for example at the end of the final leg next week, there are players from 8-12th place with the same amount of points, how is the final place for Team Sky Poker going to be decided?

My suggestion would be a STT play-off should that scenario arise and the winner of that wins the final place on Team SP!!!

• edited December 2009
    It's something I thought about earlier on, but now it looks less likely, with a gap now at the bubble.

Shouldn't arise, but if it does...

HU playoff (doubt 3-way tie)
    Most heads taken enroute
    Best finish in a leg
    Secret ballot from rest of team

Who knows? HU playoff would make the most sense I agree.
  • edited December 2009
    I'd say a jelly flavoured wrestling match would be the fairest way to decide.
  • edited December 2009
    As it looks like i may well have already qualified, just to say that i wont be showing any favoritism towards any players even though i have a few friends who haven't qualified going into the last week. This event in my opinion has to be played properly to the end by everyone who takes part.

Can i also say well played to Cormach who was causing me all sorts of problems early on in the tournament last night, it was all good banter and he took it all in good spirits. From what i hear he has already qualified with Blondepoker, I look forward to meeting you Sir and buying you a pint.
  • edited December 2009
    As it looks like i may well have already qualified, just to say that i wont be showing any favoritism towards any players even though i have a few friends who haven't qualified going into the last week. This event in my opinion has to be played properly to the end by everyone who takes part. Can i also say well played to Cormach who was causing me all sorts of problems early on in the tournament last night, it was all good banter and he took it all in good spirits. From what i hear he has already qualified with Blondepoker, I look forward to meeting you Sir and buying you a pint.
    Posted by tallboy
    Many thanks Tallboy,I was enjoying the banter with you and will see you in Manchester next month.Dont forget to play next Thursday because I want my revenge for that bad beat you gave me, you luckbox.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: APAT Standings after round 4 : Many thanks Tallboy,I was enjoying the banter with you and will see you in Manchester next month.Dont forget to play next Thursday because I want my revenge for that bad beat you gave me, you luckbox.
    Posted by Cormach
    Bad Beat? lololololol