You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1 freezeouts.

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Just wondering if Sky could add some (a couple would do) £1 freezeout mtts to the schedule. I'm thinking 2k Stack 10 min blinds. If you put a £30 gty on them then I'm confident it would be met, certainly during the peak period, around 8pm.

At the min there are only the deepstack and £25GTD rebuys at this level, not much choice.

Come on Sky £30GTD £1.10 freezeout (2k, 10 min blinds)........8pm. Trial it, please :)

Comments

• edited July 2013
    i have asked for these in the past as they took away the speed one at 6.50. Even ones with no GTD would still get over 20 runners i am sure if run at half 6 and 8. Also a 1.15 BH would be good everynight
  • edited July 2013
    The 10.15 re-buy is a good tournament waller, a bit late but you'd enjoy it
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: £1 freezeouts.:
    The 10.15 re-buy is a good tournament waller, a bit late but you'd enjoy it
    Posted by Slykllist
    Yeah have played it a couple of times, but I'm not a fan of rebuys really. That's why I was asking for a standard freezeout. Just the one at 8pm would do, I would certainly play it most evenings.
  • edited July 2013
    I've found if you start a thread or even make a direct plea to Sky Poker asking for anything other than Bounty Hunters or Rebuys you get one response.

• edited July 2013
    I've found if you start a thread or even make a direct plea to Sky Poker asking for anything other than Bounty Hunters or Rebuys you get one response.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Indeed!

People make the effort when sky ask for feedback............but when the boot is on the other foot???
  • edited July 2013
    I guess these mtts produce a lot less rake, so they just ignore it. MONEY>CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

Look on the Brightside, we might get another one of those Cash promos soon, or a promo that fails to deliver what it promised like battle of the mains.
  • edited July 2013
    I guess these mtts produce a lot less rake, so they just ignore it. MONEY />CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. Look on the Brightside, we might get another one of those Cash promos soon, or a promo that fails to deliver what it promised like battle of the mains.
    Posted by waller02
    It would be polite for them to at least come back and explain why it's not possible. But to ignore a request is just rude.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: £1 freezeouts. : It would be polite for them to at least come back and explain why it's not possible. But to ignore a request is just rude.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    You need to be in the inner circle for that to happen
  • edited July 2013

21 ppl voting yes. The forum represents a very small portion of people who play on sky so the £30 gty should get smashed.

• edited July 2013
    The old afternoon £20 guaranteed always met the guarantee, and ran well, also the £100 guarantee turbo at 1030pm was very popular and then Sky discovered rebuys, the rest, as they say, is history. 
  • edited July 2013
    I suggest SNG's as an alternative.

In defence of the Sky Poker folks, this was posted at 4.55pm. It's likely that they were all on their way home.

Admittedly they don't always respond but I would guess that's because they don't have anything good to say. E.g.

Sky_Loner - "We appreciate your feedback but.... erm... No. We're not going to do that."

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. lol
  • edited July 2013

Your comments are noted Mr Waller, as are all the other Posts.

The thread has been sent upstairs.

Whether you will get your wish is another matter altogether, of course. Running an Online Poker Site is immensely complex, & sometimes, as in this parrticular case, there is very good reason why they may not wish to accede to your wishes. Hypothetically, of course.

Everything is done - or not - for a reason

My Nan taught me that. Nan's are never wrong, except when they knit you a jumper for Christmas.   
  • edited July 2013
    Your comments are noted Mr Waller, as are all the other Posts. The thread has been sent upstairs. Whether you will get your wish is another matter altogether, of course. Running an Online Poker Site is immensely complex, & sometimes, as in this parrticular case, there is very good reason why they may not wish to accede to your wishes. Hypothetically, of course.   Everything is done - or not - for a reason .  My Nan taught me that. Nan's are never wrong, except when they knit you a jumper for Christmas.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply Tikay. I understand what you are saying, I'm not expecting Sky to add/remove or change anything in the schedule just because one person asks, I just thought I would put the idea out there and see if any other forum members were also keen.
  • edited July 2013

i think it would be a good idea
    it would mean more choice at the low buy-in range
    given that i currently have a 2nd job being a taxi driver for my kids in the evenings i'm not sure how many i could play but still it is a good idea
    :)