You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TV HAND REQUESTS - TUESDAY 30TH JULY *****

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV during the Poker Clinic at 9pm on Tuesday, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I know the show always seems to struggle to get enough hands to fill the slot so I've got quite a few to post (I'll do them in 1 post per hand) and you can show as many or as few as you like...

First one is from Tuesday Turbo ME last night

Hand History #673888094 (21:11 23/07/2013)

Given my style, Q9o is a pretty standard open in the CO at this stage. I can't see many 7x or overpair hands in their range, and I think it's unlikely they'd donkbet with them even if they did so I float the flop looking to take them off what I think will mostly be small PPs than 7s and flush draws.  Blank turn and his bet gets weaker (smaller), float again. Another pretty much blank on the river (relative to his range) and again an even weaker bet. To be honest, I expected him to check the river and that's where I'd take it away but his bet is so small it might aswell be a check and his line just doesn't make much sense to be any sort of value hand that can call a shove.... so I shove.

What do you think of the play throughout the whole hand.
  • edited July 2013
    Another hand from the Tuesday Turbo ME last night

Hand History #673923290 (22:25 23/07/2013)

There are 21 left at this point (52 cashed so we're long past the bubble) but the only half decent money is a FT. Villian is shoving a very wide range here, especially from 6xBB and I have seen him shove complete trash in unopened spots in previous orbits. I know I'm never gonna be in THAT great shape unless he shows up with a weaker Kx or Tx but I think I'm probably in decent shape against his range.... is this a good time to take a stand given how short stacks are or should I let it go and try to be the one shoving?

For what it's worth, if I call and win then I'm chip leader.

• edited July 2013
    This is from the Primo...

A bit of background, at this point I had a pretty massive stack for this stage, I was like 2nd or 3rd in chips and it was still quite early, the villian was the only person on the table who could virtually stack me and had been a complete maniac so far. I probably chickened out a bit and at the time just wanted to find a safer spot to 'get him' cos I knew if I call the turn I'm pretty much committed to stacking off and he's more than capable of showing up with something random like Q7, or any 7x really.

Hand History #671450573 (20:53 14/07/2013)

• edited July 2013
    Who are the analysts?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: ***** TV HAND REQUESTS - TUESDAY 30TH JULY *****:
    Who are the analysts?
    Posted by Batkin88
    Richard Orford and Ryan Spittles
  • edited July 2013
    Hand History #674745474 (22:06 26/07/2013)3k rebuy

Please can other cards be covered for this.

I was not expecting him to call pre but expected the original raiser to shove.

What would ryan and Rich do on this flop? Rest of the hand is kind of irrelevant.

Thanks
  • edited July 2013
    Mastercash table 1 

When i c-bet here and then get raised on and another guy calls the shove is it a call here  ?
  • edited July 2013
    Can I get this hand played please, posted in the main show thread, coverin all bases!

Hand History #673942385 (23:12 23/07/2013)

Just wondering, should I ship the river to make it look more like a bluff?
  • edited August 2013
    Can I get this hand shown

Hand History #675939868 (21:50 30/07/2013) Master Cash 1

Funky hand,

Re-raise on the flop to little?

I'm thinking with 2 callers, potentially someone's on the flush draw.

When the turn drops and the flush comes in, I check.

River looks like such a blank, when oppo bets pot i'm 80-90% sure he is on a flush and is gutted I didn't raise turn after re-raising the flop. It looked like an attempt to get some belated value for his flush.

With the river being such a blank, I thought i'd be as well shipping didn't see him folding his J Q K high flush.

He's not raised pre, I was putting him on some random suited hand with a decent paint card.