You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - Flopped Set, Nut Worst Turn Card

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
played ok id raise alot bigger on this wet flop id go to around £3.60 - £4   as played id deffo shove the river 

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Villian is one of the best regs between like 20-50NL.

Pre standard, flop I think is pretty standard, I'm gonna be raising a ton of hands on this flop (not just sets :p)

Really dunno about the turn... it's like the nut worst card for me to see, but at the same time it's a pretty tasty card for my perceived range imo. But I don't wanna get shoved off my hand on the turn or call it off knowing I need to house up, so just check back.

Villian bets river and now it's a paired board, a ship makes my hand just look EXACTLY like what it is, and villian will know this. I did ship, dunno why I edited that bit out :s

Don't think I have much choice other than to ship the river but more just wondering if we do barrel the turn or not and how we react to different actions villian may take
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ulsterfr30 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £18.74
    pealead Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £18.65
      Your hole cards

rob1224 Fold        
    X Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £20.90
    Donttelmum Fold        
    Lambert180 Call   £0.60 £1.50 £34.80
    ulsterfr30 Fold        
    pealead Fold        
    Flop

X Bet   £1.00 £2.50 £19.90
    Lambert180 Raise   £2.50 £5.00 £32.30
    X Call   £1.50 £6.50 £18.40
    Turn

• J

X Check        
    Lambert180 Check        
    River

X Bet   £4.20 £10.70 £14.20

• edited July 2013
    You missed my question out :( lol

Yeah I have no choice but to shove the river, but my hand is so face up when I do it... whereas if I bet the turn my range is much wider. What do we think of checking the turn back?

It's wierd cos I think if I check back I'm capping my range at sets max and X is good enough to take advantage of this if he thinks he can make me fold a set on a horrible runout, so barrelling the turn still leaves him in the dark but as I said, I'm gonna hate getting raised.
  • edited July 2013

I like the check back on the turn and then call river if it doesn't house up, or shove as it has.

As he is a decent reg if you feel he can fold a flush here then chuck another fiver on but I think shoving regardless of opponent is the optimum play.

• edited July 2013
    raise flop more

bet turn
  • edited July 2013
    checking back the turn is fine imo and like u say its THE nut worse card that could have come.. jus because it shuts down his calling range of worse hands.. if we got raised also id just puke so checking is best.. our range may be capped but if you know villan has tendancies to try and exploit 'wekness' on a bad run out then simply adjust the strength of your calling range ..
  • edited July 2013
    if you barrell the turn you may keep/charge straight draws and flush draws, so maybe not an intrinsically bad thing to do?

and if he comes over the top you just have to weigh the odds of whether he has it, is drawing to it, or is bluffing it. so very player dependent.