You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION - site problems/ poster's freeroll

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Thanks guys! Although I have to admit I suffered no problems myself, I just saw some chat about it at the tables.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Hi Guys,

last night was the final poster's freeroll (a fantastic tournament, thoroughly enjoyed by our community members), unfortunately a few technical problems with the site may or may not have affected some player's ability to play in this.

we release this must have been extremely frustrating and we all take it very personally when the site performance lets you down.

as a special, one off, goodwill gesture we have decided to re-schedule the final poster's freeroll so that this tournament can receive the send-off it deserves.

the tournament will be held next Wednesday at 7.30 and have the slightly new name 'the Rich invitational' - all players that played in last night's tournament will gain automatic registration. (note - there is no posting requirement).

i hope this helps ease some of last night's frustration and allows us all to get back on with enjoying life in the Sky Poker Community.

Rich

( p.s. A big 'thank you needs to go out to Sky Des and Bernie for making the final decision on this)

• edited December 2009

Nice one and well done Sky and congrats Rich on the name of the tourney, well deserved.

I am not in it but gl to all that are.

As a side issue I couldn't get into the 8.15 deep stack for half an hour after it started on any of my 3 computers in the house, I suspected an issue with Sky but when I did get in only me and 1 other had been away, was this the same issue that affected the posters freeroll?

Cheers
    Dave

• edited December 2009

A tear almost came to my eye, yay another one :)

Big thanks to Rich, Des and Bernie

Gareth

• edited December 2009
    Your lucky i'm working til 11 that night otherwise I wouldn't of been happy missing out on it lol
  • edited December 2009
    awwwwww gimme a hug :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION - site problems/ poster's freeroll:
    Hi Guys, last night was the final poster's freeroll (a fantastic tournament, thoroughly enjoyed by our community members), unfortunately a few technical problems with the site may or may not have affected some player's ability to play in this. we release this must have been extremely frustrating and we all take it very personally when the site performance lets you down. as a special, one off, goodwill gesture we have decided to re-schedule the final poster's freeroll so that this tournament can receive the send-off it deserves. the tournament will be held next Wednesday at 7.30 and have the slightly new name 'the Rich invitational' - all players that played in last night's tournament will gain automatic registration. (note - there is no posting requirement). i hope this helps ease some of last night's frustration and allows us all to get back on with enjoying the the Sky Poker Community. Rich ( p.s. A big 'thank you needs to go out to Sky Des and Bernie for making the final decision on this)
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    this is great news rich,

but it dose not sort the ongoing problems,

with the tables crashing,

i know you are a nice guy ,

and i love skypoker,

but these patch up jobs are not working,

the problems have gone on and on,

hope the suits above you can sort this mess ,

once  and for all,

it would certainly make your job easier.

your Irish m8 rover

• edited December 2009
    Thanks to all at Sky for this gesture.

Just a quickie with the site problems,  pin whoever your techie guys are down by their />>>>>until they give you a server that can cope with your success becuase whatever they telling you now aint working. 
  • edited December 2009
    Thank you for this rich and all involved it is a good gesture.Mind you i like the sound of your idea vaig.lol dav
  • edited December 2009
    thanks Rich--and Bernie and des---We all know and admire the fantastic job you do on the site, but I would like to echo what rover said there about the fact that these problems are not going away, and are in fact getting worse,on an almost daily basis--I played poker for the first time in weeks without problems last night--AT 5 AM !!---the rest of the time, the whole site is a waste of time for me!!---It seems that as soon as the open starts up, the rest of the site almost crashes completely---There were players with full speed broadband that could'nt launch the deep stack for half an hour!---I actually cancelled my registration just in time because I just knew this would be the case

I am sure sky is losing customers as fast as gaining them because of these issues

WHEN IS THE DOWNLOAD COMING OUT RICH?---I THINK A BIT OF NEWS ON THIS MIGHT JUST STOP THE REST OF US FROM GIVING UP ON HERE !!!
  • edited December 2009
    Excellent News Rich,

Maybe another chance to cash in on the LAST posters freeroll.

Good Luck to all (again).

Shanker1974
  • edited December 2009
    Very good news Rich.
    Thanks to Ske Bernie and Sky Des for this.
    I was one that was badly affected last night and I know of others who would be pleased that there is going to be a re-run of the final Posters free roll.
    I should be back in time for this with the right frame of mind to go deep, hopefully.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Guys, last night was the final poster's freeroll (a fantastic tournament, thoroughly enjoyed by our community members), unfortunately a few technical problems with the site may or may not have affected some player's ability to play in this. we release this must have been extremely frustrating and we all take it very personally when the site performance lets you down. as a special, one off, goodwill gesture we have decided to re-schedule the final poster's freeroll so that this tournament can receive the send-off it deserves. the tournament will be held next Wednesday at 7.30 and have the slightly new name 'the Rich invitational' - all players that played in last night's tournament will gain automatic registration. (note - there is no posting requirement). i hope this helps ease some of last night's frustration and allows us all to get back on with enjoying life in the Sky Poker Community. Rich ( p.s. A big 'thank you needs to go out to Sky Des and Bernie for making the final decision on this)
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Mr Sky_Rich step forward take a bow, er salute you..................................

A true Sky poker hero, i assume that the suits recognise all your hard work and have rewarded you with a stress ball for all your hard work
  • edited December 2009
    i've got about 6458 of the little fellas
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION - site problems/ poster's freeroll:
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    pmsl
  • edited December 2009
    excellent stuff, i never suffered any problems but did realise a lot of players were wat away last night
  • edited December 2009
    I came back to the table at the break, after 20 mins away and was in the same boat as four others on the table - each of us with considerably lighter stacks than when we left!

General concensus in the chat box is that sky poker is a great site when its working but when things like last night happen loyalties are stretched!

I definitely appreciate the 2nd chance though, so Thank you!
  • edited December 2009
    i suffered problems for about 10 minutes last night but in fairnss it pobably helped me from being the bubble boy lol
    but excellent news about next week

cheers rich
  • edited December 2009
    Great news. Thanks Rich, Bernie & Des. Hopefully this week I'll get on acebarry's table & eliminate him(I said I was gonna hunt him down before last night's freeroll), he obviously bottled it & jumped ship cos he was first out.
  • edited December 2009
    GREAT NEWS!!!!!

UR 1 IN A MILLION

tytytytytytytytyty
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Guys, last night was the final poster's freeroll (a fantastic tournament, thoroughly enjoyed by our community members), unfortunately a few technical problems with the site may or may not have affected some player's ability to play in this. we release this must have been extremely frustrating and we all take it very personally when the site performance lets you down. as a special, one off, goodwill gesture we have decided to re-schedule the final poster's freeroll so that this tournament can receive the send-off it deserves. the tournament will be held next Wednesday at 7.30 and have the slightly new name 'the Rich invitational' - all players that played in last night's tournament will gain automatic registration. (note - there is no posting requirement). i hope this helps ease some of last night's frustration and allows us all to get back on with enjoying life in the Sky Poker Community. Rich ( p.s. A big 'thank you needs to go out to Sky Des and Bernie for making the final decision on this)
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Once again the suits and Rich come up trumps, a big up to Sky Des and Bernie, and at last, the tourny is named after you YES ;)

A BIG THANK YOU guys.
  • edited December 2009
    hi rich

thankyou for the gesture of a final final posters freeroll.  I had a few problems last night, though my awful play at times was giving me more to worry about.  At one point, when it was me to act, the timer appeared on my screen but the action buttons to fold call or raise did not!

Given that this was a freeroll with friends i was not overly troubled or upset, but i can understand that anyone having the same problems having paid to enter a tournament would be extremely frustrated at the problems.  I hope they can be ironed out soon, because the good feeling in the sky poker community is as high as it has been right now, and I'd hate to see these faults undermine it.

And finally, to the other posters freerollers who are sad to see it go for now, lets just sneakily add a thread every week after the game, detailing technical problems that we had, and get another one for our troubles.  See how many more we can squeeze out of the suits lol.

ray
  • edited December 2009
    Rich - I couldnt make the freeroll last night and asked you to put someone in my place, any chance of getting in next weeks one? The reason i ask this is because i could of said nothing about me not being available and still got entry, but that would have not been the decent thing to do, if no then no probs thanks anyway
  • edited December 2009
    yep no probs you're in loony
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    well done Rich, nice gesture to the forum people ..........
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION - site problems/ poster's freeroll:
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    RICH , MAY I SUGGEST YOU SWAP THEM IN FOR A BOUNCY CASTLE AND A PADDED CELL !!!! DEPENDING ON YOUR DAY , YOU MIGHT FIND THEM MORE USEFUL ;)
  • edited December 2009
    THXS GUYS ,REALLY NICE GESTURE . AND BRILL , RICH HAS FINALLY GOT HIS NAME IN THE TITLE .WELL DESERVED.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Rich, much appreciated.  Didn't get in till late last night and missed a few hands.  Nice to be able to play my 2nd posters freeroll
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks Rich, I didn't have lag problems in the freeroll but appreciate the entry.  However, if you can fix it so my pocket kings don't get beaten by pocket 9s I'd be very grateful!

• edited December 2009
    WOW this is cool. I had no problems, the only one was losing to ACES and having to rush off to train station. So hopefully next Wed I can give this my undivided attention. Nice one SKY