You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cash Game

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
I have been watching the most recent Sky poker cash game and I was wondering if Sky had thought about running a satellite to get a seat in a future series and post the grand buy in:). Dunno what the buy in would have to be set at for the satellite to make it worthwhile but would this be a better promo than the points promos they run?

Would anyone be interested?

I think it would be good if they made the buy in reasonable so that even lower stakes players could have a shot and get the chance to bad beat Channing!!!! Even running satellites into the main satellite might help to generate some more interest and cover the post.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    +1 would be good PR, satellites into a 200bb 1k Buyin for a  £2/5 cash game vs....whoevever, and ala-the Big Game whatever the 'loose cannon' wins above 1k he/she keeps!....could even have multiple loose cannons

would make good TV imo
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah suggested this last time they did the cash game.

Would be great to have an opportunity to try to satellite into a live cash game like this.

I can understand some of the drawbacks.... the guy who qualifies might have completely luckboxed the satellite and could be the worst player in the world, or he's just not a cash player at all and has no idea what he's doing which just wouldn't make for great watching.

Also the person who wins could be terribly dull, boring and just not suitable for a TV show that's supposed to be entertaining.

If there's a way to work round them things, then it would be great.
  • edited July 2013
    i like this idea alot the sky cash game im watching with ryan spittles and neil shanning its only 5 handed so a speat spare this would be great 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cash Game:
    Yeah suggested this last time they did the cash game. Would be great to have an opportunity to try to satellite into a live cash game like this. I can understand some of the drawbacks.... the guy who qualifies might have completely luckboxed the satellite and could be the worst player in the world, or he's just not a cash player at all and has no idea what he's doing which just wouldn't make for great watching. Also the person who wins could be terribly dull, boring and just not suitable for a TV show that's supposed to be entertaining. If there's a way to work round them things, then it would be great.
    Posted by Lambert180
    To be fair this is eactly what has happend on many seasons of the big game. Just put in some good personalities/load action players. The Big Game has Tony G, Negernanu and Lex Veldhauis. We have RastaFish, Rob Young, Simon Trumper?? and Sam Razavi. Before people laugh at my comparison these guys did a decent job last time at making it entertaining and the conversation was flowing.