You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

all in

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
BIT OF HELP HERE EVERY TIME I GO ALL IN I LOSE ON RIVER 90% OF THE TIME AND IT GETTIN FRUSTRATIN NOW WHETHER I HIT THE FLOP OR NOT FAIRLY NEW TO POKER BUT AVE A UNDERSTANDIN OF THE GAME A LITTLE BIT I PLAY LOW STAKES DYMS ANY ADVICE WUD BE HELPFUL

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Your just going through a bad spell of variance mate and in time you will be winning 90% of them.

It all evens out in the end you just have to play long enough to see and understand that.

Good luck.
  • edited July 2013
    Having been on your table many times I really dont think that you have anything to worry about. From my notes you seem to be pretty well crushing the low stakes DYM`s. Keep the faith lol!
  • edited July 2013
    it is just variance but it will come good in the end , keep at it
  • edited July 2013
    As stated by others above we all go through phases like that. It will even out over time, guaranteed.

Our memory is good at playing tricks on us. We either don't notice or quickly forget the long spells where we're winning the expected amount (or more) of all-ins. Yet those painful spells where we lose more than expected stick in the mind for a very long time.

It's very easy to come to the conclusion that you're just an unlucky player, most of us do at some stage. However all that's happening is that you're remembering those unlucky spells very clearly while completely forgetting all the spells during which you fared better.
  • edited July 2013

If you are losing on the river after going all in it's just a rough patch. But maybe you should post some of these hands in the BBV thread so you may get some advice. Some could go in the clinic but you get players who will just post "bad beat yawn" over and over and over again lol!

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: all in:
    [just like to thank everyone for there responses taken everything on board and it gave me a bit more confidence as to postin hands tried be4 but dont work right thanks again