You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL - Line Check w/ Trips

edited July 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Sitting with the effective nuts, should I bet the turn smaller even though it probably looks stronger than a jam? Meh, just love jamming when they have a PSB left
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
neenor69 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £31.61
dolphins72 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £35.36
  Your hole cards

70theo Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £18.10
Lambert180 Raise   £2.00 £2.90 £17.50
endofanera Fold        
X Call   £2.00 £4.90 £15.60
neenor69 Fold        
dolphins72 Fold        
70theo Call   £1.40 £6.30 £16.70
Flop

70theo Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £3.30 £9.60 £14.20
X Call   £3.30 £12.90 £12.30
70theo Fold        
Turn

Lambert180 All-in   £14.20 £27.10 £0.00

Comments

• edited July 2013
    bet £5  n hope he jams much prefer 2 small bets of value then a shove 
  • edited July 2013
    If he calls the flop and considering the pre flop action I would put him on a big ace here or JJ TT at best so I would consider check raising him in or betting smaller to get him to shove or call with AK AQ type hands. Then obv shove any river regardless.
  • edited July 2013
    The turn is just such a good card for us, i would consider checking.
    If we were deeper id bet but cause he has a pot bet left behind id just check and see what he does. If hes bad he can turn up with all sorts of hands here.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2013
    whats the reason for the 3bet pre?

i think you can bet smaller on the flop and i would definitely bet the turn smaller
  • edited July 2013
    I would bet smaller and hope he jams his overpair.
  • edited July 2013
    3 bet pre is pretty lose mp vs utg, feel like if your 3 betting this then you're going to have too many 3 bet bluff combos compared to value and probably 3 betting hands that play better for just a call.

Actually think checking could be a good line to take for value on the turn. If hes floated you otf with a couple of broadway cards then he will feel inclined to make a stab at it alot. Protects your check/give up range a little bit too.
  • edited July 2013
    @YB -

1) It helps mix up my 3bet range in comparison to most people at this level where it's pretty much exclusively like TT+ and AK.

2) I generally do it V people who I know call 3bets and then check/fold flops too often

3) I am fairly confident that IP I can outplay villian postflop.

4) The old reason of when we flop big draws/big hands, it's more disguised as people don't expect most players to 3bet 9Ts. I'm also repping a very strong range 3betting an UTG open and can rep this through the streets if other's flat.

Yeah, I probably should have bet smaller on the turn. I think smaller looks stronger tbh but most players won't see it this way.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Line Check w/ Trips:
    3 bet pre is pretty lose mp vs utg, feel like if your 3 betting this then you're going to have too many 3 bet bluff combos compared to value and probably 3 betting hands that play better for just a call. Actually think checking could be a good line to take for value on the turn. If hes floated you otf with a couple of broadway cards then he will feel inclined to make a stab at it alot. Protects your check/give up range a little bit too.
    Posted by NColley
    Good shout with this point.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL - Line Check w/ Trips:
    @YB - 1) It helps mix up my 3bet range in comparison to most people at this level where it's pretty much exclusively like TT+ and AK. 2) I generally do it V people who I know call 3bets and then check/fold flops too often 3) I am fairly confident that IP I can outplay villian postflop. 4) The old reason of when we flop big draws/big hands, it's more disguised as people don't expect most players to 3bet 9Ts. I'm also repping a very strong range 3betting an UTG open and can rep this through the streets if other's flat. Yeah, I probably should have bet smaller on the turn. I think smaller looks stronger tbh but most players won't see it this way.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i agree with lots of your reasoning to 3bet pre, but i'd be much more inclined to do it in later position when we're going to have absolute position and also less likely to see a cold 4bet

betting smaller is normally pretty good in 3bet pots imo as the spr is smaller so can get stacks in easier, and when you're 3betting lighter you want to be able to make your bluffs on the flop/turn as cheap as possible
  • edited July 2013
    Cheers YB. I need to get that on a post it note or something! People always tell me to bet smaller in 3bet pots and I always forget.
  • edited July 2013
    i like the 3bet pre having just started to play this level again it hink your resoning for 3betting is sount there are alot of call 3bet check give uppers at nl20

In regards to the turn bet i think the jam represents what you were trying to represent in the begining a large PP i prefer a smaller bet £5-6 and let him come along with his 1 pair hands hoping hes doing the old i put you on AK and calling with a smaller pair