You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New PC

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Yep, yet another Pc thread. Just wondering between:

Desktop/Laptop? 

Alienware/Mac/Standard PC?

What Specs does it need to run a decent amount of tables on sky?

Ty

Comments

• edited July 2013
    get an i3 or an i5 with 8gb DDR3 Ram
  • edited July 2013
    Definitely desktop if you got the space.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah desktops are much better. You get more power for your money usually and they're easier to upgrade in the future.

Have you got a budget?
  • edited July 2013
    Desktop without a doubt. Fully wired network connection. Laptops are pants.

Mine is about 12 months old I think, an Intel i7 based system with 6Gb of RAM, running Win 7 Pro 64. It is easily capable of multi-tabling 20 (don't know at what point it would stuggle).

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC:
    Desktop without a doubt. Fully wired network connection. Laptops are pants. Mine is about 12 months old I think, an Intel i7 based system with 6Gb of RAM, running Win 7 Pro 64. It is easily capable of multi-tabling 20 (don't know at what point it would stuggle).
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Just wondering what your screen resolution was on your monitor and the size of monitor

I recently purchased a new one (23 inch) which i can fit 8-12 at a push with a max resolution of 1920x1080

I have only 2 x 1GB of ram. I was wondering if i bought 2 x 2BG of ram if that would make a difference to get more tables on?

Thx

Paul
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New PC:
    In Response to Re: New PC : Just wondering what your screen resolution was on your monitor and the size of monitor I recently purchased a new one (23 inch) which i can fit 8-12 at a push with a max resolution of 1920x1080 I have only 2 x 1GB of ram. I was wondering if i bought 2 x 2BG of ram if that would make a difference to get more tables on? Thx Paul
    Posted by MP33
    hi Paul,
    the screen size doesn't matter.i have 2x27" now and get 9 tables without overlap and 12 with a little.
    I used to have a 23" and got the same results.
    think it's the resolution that's important.mine are 1920x1080 the same.
    I know you can buy higher res monitors but they are around the £500 mark+
    I don't know how many tables these would give you,maybe someone else might know?
    don't know about ram but I know the more you have the better on the pc side of things.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to New PC:
    Yep, yet another Pc thread. Just wondering between: Desktop/Laptop?  Alienware/Mac/Standard PC? What Specs does it need to run a decent amount of tables on sky? Ty
    Posted by sighcall
    pc I think if it's just for playing poker from home.
    i5's are good enough to play 9+ tables.you deffo should get a dedicated graphic card which helps, so I was told.
    i7 is more expensive.i bought one 16/17 months ago from componentwarehouse.co.uk for around £570 which has 8GB ram windows 7 64bit 3.4GHz 500GB hard drive, Nvidia graphic card,etc.
    I have a wire connection running from my sky broadband router to my PC which I would advise you to use,especially with multi-tabling.my connection very rarely goes but my brother who also plays has a laptop with wireless connection,and his connection does go more often.
    I use it just about every day and have (touch wood) had no problems so far.
    I've had 20/21 tables running with no lag/problems.

gl
    (* *)
       ^
    dev