You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£750 tourney

1st this happens when i was 3rd in chips
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
newton10 Small blind  150.00 150.00 6200.00
cbmanners Big blind  300.00 450.00 6720.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

BURNShurtz Call  300.00 750.00 12230.00
bustout44 All-in  7745.00 8495.00 0.00
bones72 Fold     
newton10 Fold     
cbmanners Fold     
BURNShurtz All-in  12230.00 20725.00 0.00
BURNShurtz Unmatched bet  4785.00 15940.00 4785.00
BURNShurtz Show
  • K
  • K

bustout44 Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

bustout44 Win Full House, 6s and 3s 15940.00  15940.00
put me last in chips

then

i worked my way back

then this happens, same player unreal
darryl1976 Small blind  1250.00 1250.00 30850.00
bustout44 Big blind  2500.00 3750.00 42620.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

seksee Fold     
nathanbear Fold     
BURNShurtz Call  2500.00 6250.00 34030.00
darryl1976 Call  1250.00 7500.00 29600.00
bustout44 Check     
Flop

• J

darryl1976 Check     
bustout44 Check     
BURNShurtz Bet  3750.00 11250.00 30280.00
darryl1976 Fold     
bustout44 Raise  18750.00 30000.00 23870.00
BURNShurtz All-in  30280.00 60280.00 0.00
bustout44 Call  15280.00 75560.00 8590.00
bustout44 Show

BURNShurtz Show
  • Q
  • J

Turn

River

bustout44 Win Straight to the 6 75560.00  84150.00
so bustout44 will prob win the tourny for what, getting lucky twice vs me.

when is my luck going to change?? 2 years no stop bad luck at important points in tourneys.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    9th place finish, should have been better
  • edited July 2013
    It's cool she didn't win dw
  • edited July 2013
    lol then shafted in a timed tourney
    AlfChorley Small blind  50.00 50.00 825.00
    BURNShurtz Big blind  100.00 150.00 575.00
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

mkgunner Fold     
    laura75707 Raise  500.00 650.00 1750.00
    whostheman Fold     
    AlfChorley All-in  825.00 1475.00 0.00
    BURNShurtz All-in  575.00 2050.00 0.00
    laura75707 Call  375.00 2425.00 1375.00
    AlfChorley Show

BURNShurtz Show
    • Q
    • Q

laura75707 Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

AlfChorley Win Three 9s 2425.00  2425.00
  • edited July 2013
    first off bustout44 has done nothing wrong in any of these hands and he is a good player too. you on the other hand decide limping the button with QJ when you only have 15bbs is a good play when in reality it can only be described as awfull. i would look at myself before blaming others.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: £750 tourney:
    first off bustout44 has done nothing wrong in any of these hands and he is a good player too. you on the other hand decide limping the button with QJ when you only have 15bbs is a good play when in reality it can only be described as awfull. i would look at myself before blaming others.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    1st, i never said bustout did anything wrong

2nd i only limped coz bustout had been raising her BB for the las 5 rounds, so thats why i limped.

3rd you are a bit full of yourself arnt you?  i dont try to blame others i would just like to get a bit of luck now and again like most players and maybe have a hand hold for a change.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Would you say shoving 20bb with 74o is a good play headsup?
  • edited July 2013
    bustout44 will prob win this tourney now and for what, getting lucky v me. your words not mine

you allowed him to get lucky.

bustout is in the bb so how can he raise her bb, also that has nothing to do with it, what does limping achieve apart from giving players free flops?
  • edited July 2013
    bustout44 will prob win this tourney now and for what, getting lucky v me. your words not mine you allowed him to get lucky. bustout is in the bb so how can he raise her bb, also that has nothing to do with it, what does limping achieve apart from giving players free flops?
    Posted by THEROCK573
    she finished 2nd, you do seem strange and dont seem to understand much. il try and make it a bit easier for you. when you are in the BB you can raise you know, been sat togther for a while and when she/he was in the BB if anyone limped she would raise so ( you understanding now??) i thought that if i limp she would then raise, however she didnt this time for some reason. obv anyone else i would of just pushed allin but i know bustout is a bit of a loose player and im trying to cut down on this bad luck im having and 1 piece of advise was told  to try and stop the bad luck was to not just go banging my cards in.

however i did not state bustout was bad in anyway, and yes bustout did get lucky behind both times. prove me wrong if you can?
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah unlucky especially the first hand. Yucky yucky yucky! The second hand are you limping to fold to a raise/shove? I think you can min raise fold here or just open shove or just fold. Basically all options apart from calling. Understand your point he was behind in both and must be painful for both to break but he isn't far behind in the 2nd hand.
    Hope you get a bit more luck soon!
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah unlucky especially the first hand. Yucky yucky yucky! The second hand are you limping to fold to a raise/shove? I think you can min raise fold here or just open shove or just fold. Basically all options apart from calling. Understand your point he was behind in both and must be painful for both to break but he isn't far behind in the 2nd hand. Hope you get a bit more luck soon!
    Posted by Batkin88
    like i said in the other post, anyone else i prob would have just shoved. i was expecting bustout to raise to like 8k then i would of jammed over to top.
  • edited July 2013
    LOL  so your trying  to trap with QJ, no wonder your on a 2 year downswing.
  • edited July 2013
    LOL  so your trying  to trap with QJ, no wonder your on a 2 year downswing.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    ??? it worked, not how intended but it worked. This is why i struggle to talk to you so called good players, you like to make out that your so good but in reality maybe you just get very lucky. if you looked through every post i have ever put on here you would see that it is amazing how many times im ahead and lose ( i dont expect you to look as you had a hard time understanding this thread ) but this is how i run and there aint much i can do about it.
    Why did you write on here anyway?? was it to try and be clever?
    well so far it looks a bit of a FAIL by you. Oh and you were wrong, you can raise when you are the big blind really funny you didnt know that.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: £750 tourney : ??? it worked, not how intended but it worked. This is why i struggle to talk to you so called good players, you like to make out that your so good but in reality maybe you just get very lucky. if you looked through every post i have ever put on here you would see that it is amazing how many times im ahead and lose ( i dont expect you to look as you had a hard time understanding this thread ) but this is how i run and there aint much i can do about it. Why did you write on here anyway?? was it to try and be clever? well so far it looks a bit of a FAIL by you. Oh and you were wrong, you can raise when you are the big blind really funny you didnt know that.
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    first off mr touchy, i know you can raise from the bb, i misunderstood what u were saying, secondly i commented because your complaining about luck not being on you side but the fact is you played the QJ hand horrendous and any competent player will agree with me even if you do get him to raise with a hand like 53 off he still has 35% equity against you so its hardly the greatest trap in the world.  i cant be so stupid as you make out because i consistantly win money on this site and have done for a couple of years now something which you have failed to do. 

p.s luck is evened out good and bad. its called variance. some can handle it others cant i suppose.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: £750 tourney : first off mr touchy, i know you can raise from the bb, i misunderstood what u were saying, secondly i commented because your complaining about luck not being on you side but the fact is you played the QJ hand horrendous and any competent player will agree with me even if you do get him to raise with a hand like 53 off he still has 35% equity against you so its hardly the greatest trap in the world.  i cant be so stupid as you make out because i consistantly win money on this site and have done for a couple of years now something which you have failed to do.  p.s luck is evened out good and bad. its called variance. some can handle it others cant i suppose.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    there you go again, i never said you were a bad player or stupid. I said that maybe you get alot of luck, well i know im not as "great" as you but i try my best.
    Look, all i try to do is get my chips in ahead thats all and in the above hands i did.  so what more can i do??
  • edited July 2013
    The only thing I'd say is sometimes it's better to wins some pots without having to get to a river and showdown.

Even if this guy is crazy, he's likely to never be that far behind us if we go to a flop. All we have to do is min-raise preflop, if they fold, great you just won 3750 chips completely risk free. If he shoves, then you can decide whether he's crazy enough for you to call or whether we can just fold. If he just flat calls with 68, great he's put more money in as an underdog when he's gonna miss the flop and fold like 70% of the time, but at least we didn't let him see the flop for free.

By just limping, you take away the opportunity to do one of the most important things at this stage of an MTT - steal the blinds.

At this stage of an MTT as long as I'm not short stacked and I'm not on a really aggressive table, I will just be relentlessly minraising non stop stealing blinds and you can increase your stack SO much without ever even seeing a flop like this against weaker players.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: £750 tourney : there you go again, i never said you were a bad player or stupid. I said that maybe you get alot of luck, well i know im not as "great" as you but i try my best. Look, all i try to do is get my chips in ahead thats all and in the above hands i did.  so what more can i do??
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    im not great, far from it and im certainly not lucky no more than any one else anyway. you're just not grasping my point with the QJ hand though so im in a lost battle here, just post the hand in the clinic and someone may explain it better than me on why its not good play. i cant say any more. good luck i wish you no bad.
  • edited July 2013
    tbh in hand 1 the 25bb ship over utg limper with 66 in a non ante event is just atrocious imo.