You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is why you shouldn't limp with aces!!!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cgoldie Small blind  300.00 300.00 37756.61
Batkin88 Big blind  600.00 900.00 12255.50
  Your hole cards

muggington Call  600.00 1500.00 6060.00
darsum333 Fold     
DivsDreams Fold     
cgoldie Fold     
Batkin88 Check     
Flop

Batkin88 Check     
muggington All-in  6060.00 7560.00 0.00
Batkin88 Raise  12120.00 19680.00 135.50
Batkin88 Unmatched bet  6060.00 13620.00 6195.50
Batkin88 Show

muggington Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

• Q

Batkin88 Win Flush to the Queen 13620.00  19815.50

Comments

• edited July 2013

[ * ] Flop 2 pair and win the hand
    [    ] Worthwhile post
  • edited July 2013

Brags beats and variance.

This here is a brag (by myself) a beat (for the villain) and variance (aces don't always hold)

Fits the script pretty well actually.

Kalie

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: This is why you shouldn't limp with aces!!!:
    [ * ] Flop 2 pair and win the hand [    ] Worthwhile post
    Posted by calcalfold
    And THIS is a worthwhile post?
  • edited August 2013
    would you of called a raise then batkin with this hand ?  unless he open shoves i dont see you folding and his  aces will still get crushed
  • edited August 2013
    I'm pretty sure Batkin aint bad enough to even consider peeling a minraise OOP with 57s against someone who has 10xBB.

It's shove/fold V that stack size and think she's always gonna fold (if she doesn't, it's a big mistake imo).
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: This is why you shouldn't limp with aces!!! : And THIS is a worthwhile post?
    Posted by igimc

[ * ] Yes

[    ] No
  • edited August 2013
    calcalfold you post asking for advise in the clinic which most oblige to offer yet you think it is acceptable to tarnish others with worthless comments.

Come on think it through some people will stop offering advice if you continue to come across the way you can and have done.
  • edited August 2013
    batkin,

Firstly I do offer a lot of advice to the 4nl players, look at craigs thread for example - I post a lot there. hell - even earlier today I said I was happy to review an hour of his play and do a critique if he uploaded a vid. Have you offered that to anybody? I offer some 10nl comments when I see something relevant. But i refrain from giving advice a lot of the time when I simply dont know the dynamic of certain tourney / 10nl+ situations.

Secondly, I always thank people when they offer comments as I appreciate they do not have to help me out.

Thirdly, in the context you posted it is "advice" not "advise", might have just been a mistake, but thought I would just give you a heads up if you didnt know. Not taking the mick, but it is one of my pet peaves along with their/there.

And finally. you are not actually asking for any advice here, so I fair to see your problem.
  • edited August 2013
    Look at the section I posted this is, since when has BBV been for advice???

If you have nothing good to say then just move on and give adviCe on a different thread.

Also thanks for correcting my spelling it was clearly a mistake but if you feel the need to point out irrelevant things then please continue to do so.

No I have never offered to watch a video of play for someone as THERE has never been a need for it, however if the chance arises and a player would like my adviCe  I would happily oblige.

If I posted this in the clinic then your posts are fine but I didn't I am not looking for advice on this hand.
  • edited August 2013
    "there has never been a need for it" Just because you have not taken it upon yourself to offer advice to another members all round game does not mean it is not needed. Take Waller, he has been struggling with MTTs for a while - you have even posted on his thread. A MTT reg like yourself could be very helpful were you to critique some of his all round game. So dont give me the it isnt needed rubbish.

Anyway, whatever dude I am clearly not your cup of tea so I suggest you put me on ignore, im not going to change my demeanor on your say so.

But on a personal note I think you should lighten up a bit. I mean if you are this annoyed by a couple of posts with a bracket and a star, god only knows what your like when your on the blob.

[ * ]
  • edited August 2013
    "there has never been a need for it" Just because you have not taken it upon yourself to offer advice to another members all round game does not mean it is not needed. Take Waller, he has been struggling with MTTs for a while - you have even posted on his thread. A MTT reg like yourself could be very helpful were you to critique some of his all round game. So dont give me the it isnt needed rubbish. Anyway, whatever dude I am clearly not your cup of tea so I suggest you put me on ignore, im not going to change my demeanor on your say so. But on a personal note I think you should lighten up a bit. I mean if you are this annoyed by a couple of posts with a bracket and a star, god only knows what your like when your on the blob. [ * ]
    Posted by calcalfold
    I think we have just reached a new low in this forum.
    Would have been odds on for who wrote it.
  • edited August 2013
    it`s brags beats and variance thread kalie or anyone can post what they like there was no point in you calcalfold sayin that the post ain t worthwhile amd the last comment in your last post disgusting imo.

your kinda making a name for yourself on here for these silly posts being rude to try get reaction from people and try get them to bite it`s a shame really because when I see you offering advice to players it`s usually very helpful.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: This is why you shouldn't limp with aces!!! : I think we have just reached a new low in this forum. Would have been odds on for who wrote it.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Couldn't agree more
    Disgusting comment
  • edited August 2013
    it`s brags beats and variance thread kalie or anyone can post what they like there was no point in you calcalfold sayin that the post ain t worthwhile amd the last comment in your last post disgusting imo. your kinda making a name for yourself on here for these silly posts being rude to try get reaction from people and try get them to bite it`s a shame really because when I see you offering advice to players it`s usually very helpful.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yes, I do try my best to help people when I can.

Yes, I went too far. But people constantly whinging about a small joke eg [ * ] etc is just pretty sad imo. I mean this is a message board, not a full meeting of parliament.

ps I will try and bite my tongue in future with regards to graphic content

peace!
  • edited August 2013
    "there has never been a need for it" Just because you have not taken it upon yourself to offer advice to another members all round game does not mean it is not needed. Take Waller, he has been struggling with MTTs for a while - you have even posted on his thread. A MTT reg like yourself could be very helpful were you to critique some of his all round game. So dont give me the it isnt needed rubbish. Anyway, whatever dude I am clearly not your cup of tea so I suggest you put me on ignore, im not going to change my demeanor on your say so. But on a personal note I think you should lighten up a bit. I mean if you are this annoyed by a couple of posts with a bracket and a star, god only knows what your like when your on the blob. [ * ]
    Posted by calcalfold
    I would prefer not to have my name brought into any argument tbh.......I have no issue with Kalie at all.

I would wind you neck in a bit mate. People such as pipunch and loolollo have been banned from the forum for being as offensive as you are being at times.
  • edited August 2013
    Oh, I didnt realise it was a woman.

Sorry. I just assumed Batkin was a bloke.

My bad.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: This is why you shouldn't limp with aces!!! : Yes, I do try my best to help people when I can. Yes, I went too far. But people constantly whinging about a small joke eg [ * ] etc is just pretty sad imo. I mean this is a message board, not a full meeting of parliament. ps I will try and bite my tongue in future with regards to graphic content peace!
    Posted by calcalfold
    There was no need to get personal also I speak on to waller often on MTT's in diaries. Constantly whinging never happened either so lets not make things up.
  • edited August 2013
    Oh, I didnt realise it was a woman. Sorry. I just assumed Batkin was a bloke. My bad.
    Posted by calcalfold
    This is clearly a lie why would you say that to a bloke?
  • edited August 2013
    Why, purely as a joke - tongue in cheek. Even I wouldnt say that to a woman.

I had no idea you were not a bloke.

I know you will not believe me, and I cant exactly prove it, so, meh
  • edited August 2013
    Anyway, whatever dude I am clearly not your cup of tea so I suggest you put me on ignore, im not going to change my demeanor on your say so.

that`s what calcalfold said in previous post so I do actually think he thought batkin was a male.No one calls a female a dude well not anyone I know does.
  • edited August 2013

Alleged racism in GPC, and sexism in bbv.

Time for some Brent and Johnson imo.

Obviously, it's Equality Street, believe you know the deal there,
    Everything is real fair
    Take a ride on my equal opportunity Wheelchair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmTV62mE1PA

Yep acceptance, see that Kenyan guy with mental eyes
    He might be totally normal, you can't generalize
    Black people aren't crazy, fat people aren't lazy
    And dwarfs aren't babies
    You can't just pick 'em up, they got rights
    And anyway don't assume you could, they're not light

yo!
  • edited August 2013
    quite sexy for a bloke batkin lol p.s well done  in primo tonight keep it up