You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***)

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Sorry, what's that? A tournament with a guaranteed prizepool of £20,000 on the SAME weekend as the SPT? Loads of MTT regs playing live in Nottingham instead of playing on the site? Potential overlay?

You know you want it! You can register for July's £20k Super Roller HERE. And you can watch five hours of live coverage on channel 861.

I'll be joined in the studio by everyone's favourite Charlie Day lookalike:

Joe Stapleton, yesterday

Actually, talking of Charlie Day, I firmly believe this squeaky-voiced clown is the most annoying person on the planet. He's even more unbearable than one of tikay's lectures about cement. He may even be more insufferable than a trip to a DIY superstore!

Which begs the question... 

Who or what puts YOU on life tilt?

Look forward to reading some of your amusing responses. By the way, best of luck to everyone playing the SPT six-max event this weekend. Obviously, we'll have some live updates from the gang in Nottingham during the show. See you on Sunday at 7pm.

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Concrete James, concrete
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***):
    Posted by J-Hartigan

Will Dot I Dot Am

Nearly 40 years old and still won't use his real name. It's WILLIAM.

• edited July 2013
    People who shorten/abbreviate words. For instance: Jell instead of jealous and georg instead of gorgeous.

Please stop doing it and never do it again, you insufferable half-wits.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***):
    Concrete James, concrete
    Posted by GELDY
    Yes, yes, yes...but, if I get it right, I fail to annoy him ;)

Good stuff so far, everyone. Keep 'em comin'!
  • edited July 2013
    people who think that going to glatonbury - or "glasto, man" to give its official title - and watching some radio two fodder / fire eating in a field before returning to their  ten-a-penny jobs and studies counts as an alternative experience. the fact that the headliners [TRAVIS!, coldplay, u2, oasis/blur 10 years too late, stones/mcartney 50 years too late, rod stewart, REM, TRAVIS!] are invariably congruent with the tastes of a septuagenarian land owner in torybelt rural england doesnt matter. "ITS GLASTO...MAN..YEAH".  meh, frankly.

New irony. people pretending that the iredeemably naff is edgy, buffonery clever, the talentless worthy and the unfunny hilarious. it explains the careers of vernon kay and fearne cotton [TOTES AMAZEBALLS DARLING] two cretinous people whose cringemakingly unfunny banter is not the result of them possessing the personalities of slugs and having wit that is as sharp as brian blessed's elbow, but rather because they're being deliberately unfunny. "it's irony, man". See also students pinching traffics cones [it's conforminst in an ironic way, man], people queuing up at "GLASTO, MAN" to watch the chuckle brothers [pretending to like something pathetically dull is retro in an ironic way, man], adults wearing transformers tshirts [it's sad, but in an ironic way, man], the policial career and enduring popularity of boris johnson [idiocy is just being ironically clever, man. let's be ruled by an idiot]. meh, frankly.

people who say 'sarcasm is the lowest form of wit'. well cliche is the lowest form of rhetoric, so NERRRR.

people, generally.

and i could right an essay on pepsi-max adverts.

meh.

happy sunday everyone.

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited July 2013
    Teddy - I think you and I would get on INCREDIBLY well!

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***):
    Posted by J-Hartigan

"LOL"

• edited July 2013
    seeing justin bieber puts me on life tilt 

even more so knowing he was born on the same year as kurt cobain legend
  • edited July 2013
    has to be none other than tikay!! when he starts talking about concrete and trains makes me feel like having two blocks of the stuff put round my feet whilst standing on a train track!!!!!!gl all tonight see u all in the main ive satlelighted in 4 times already so major free rolling so will be giving some more sats a go today for the value av a good show guys!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***):
    has to be none other than tikay!! when he starts talking about concrete and trains makes me feel like having two blocks of the stuff put round my feet whilst standing on a train track!!!!!!gl all tonight see u all in the main ive satlelighted in 4 times already so major free rolling so will be giving some more sats a go today for the value av a good show guys!!!!
    Posted by matisback
    Don't you mean cement...?
  • edited July 2013
    Looking forward to a great show and hopefully a decent run in the roller, I got in via a £3 all in sat so max value if I manage to cash.

Regarding the life tilt question, I am always on life tilt, I am only 4 foot 9 so spend all day looking up at the rest of the world.

Poker related however it is plain and simple, just bad beat stories. When I first started playing I didn't mind listening to them, but they are now the most irritatingly boring stories which are told day in day out by the same players. Someone rang me the other day at 1 am to tell me he had ran JJ into QQ spiked a jack and then lost as the queens hit a straight. Then continued to advise me that they are sick of online poker as it is rigged for certain users to lose! They where still playing whilst on the phone! ........................................ These people should be put into a Zorb and rolled off a cliff.

Slightly over the top but would be a funny sight!

Kalie x
  • edited July 2013
    hi guys looking forward to tonights show hope yous have a good one.

what puts me on life tilt are people that have an opinion on everything which is fine but when they think that their opinion is correct and everyone elses is wrong or stupid that tilts me everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter what.(IDCU I also agree bieber tilts me aswell lol)

will also be trying to satellite into the roller this evening prob play a few allin sats because I feel I have a big edge in them.

wish me luck
  • edited July 2013
    A lot of things put me on life tilt  but I think that top of the list is being trapped and having to listen to someone talking on a mobile phone. If there's anything more boring and irritating than half a conversation I should hate to know what it is.

Have a great show.
  • edited July 2013
    hi guys looking forward to tonights show hope yous have a good one. what puts me on life tilt are people that have an opinion on everything which is fine but when they think that their opinion is correct and everyone elses is wrong or stupid that tilts me everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter what.(IDCU I also agree bieber tilts me aswell lol) will also be trying to satellite into the roller this evening prob play a few allin sats because I feel I have a big edge in them. wish me luck
    Posted by liamboi11
    Just watched you win the first of the all in sats! Well done
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***) : Just watched you win the first of the all in sats! Well done
    Posted by Batkin88
    told ya it`s my best game lol gl 2 you also in roller tonight
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £20k Super Roller - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL SHOW THREAD***) : told ya it`s my best game lol gl 2 you also in roller tonight
    Posted by liamboi11

Luckbox gets lucky again :)

WD mate gl tonight
  • edited July 2013
    this community forum puts me on life tilt at the minute, a constant stream of i got sucked out on posts and im moving to join another site. they make me want a bareknuckle fight to be honest.

on a lighter note i have question for james, i no you like your films and ive recently been purchasing tons of films from ebay recently.

give me 3 reccomendations of films i should purchase if you will, no horror or sci fi movies though.

• edited July 2013

When multi-tabling and having to run for a number 1 or 2 and sprinting back to the pc to see your AA just being folded.  #shouldhaveheldon

• edited July 2013

Other football fans put me on tilt.
    at a game last season people going mad at the other teams keeper for taking his time other a goal kick. We were making a sub!!

• edited July 2013
    Can I also ask you guys what Vegas will be like for the rest of the year?  I know the WSOP has just been and wondered if it's still worthwhile going out.

Cheers guys!
  • edited July 2013
    iive qualid 5 times now james u get the buy in value!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    iive qualid 5 times now james u get the buy in value!!!!
    Posted by matisback
    OK - paint the target on your back - and let's see how it goes
  • edited July 2013
    life tilts

1. peeps critical of TK - Mr K is a top bloke - the world could do with a few more like him
    2. a train service that uses a "bus replacement service" and doesn't hold the train when the bus gets delayed (especially when you deliberately bust out of the SPT in 22nd (cough, cough) just so you can race back home to play the roller
    3. peeps who don't like science fiction. i mean what sort of fiction is there - sci-fi & stupid-fi - and the answer is 2001 & Blade Runner in the "alternative genre" & I'll leave you to pick a third
  • edited July 2013

What puts me on life tilt. 

1. Driver's who hog the middle lane.
     2. The Royal Baby TV coverage.
     3. Thin people who tell you they are fat.
     4. Blokes who wander round supermarkets with their shirts off.
     5. Pensioners who clog up shopping centres on a Saturday.

• edited July 2013

Hand History #675326016 (20:51 28/07/2013)

Is this an awful spot to bluff on the river? Opponent has been limp/calling, I said in my head no Q no J no 10 as i put him on a weakish Q. But still proceeded to stack lol. Thoughts? Is the sizing on the turn to small?
  • edited July 2013
    can stapes do some co ckney ryming slang would be funny to watch :)
  • edited July 2013

Hand history - 675333175 from the main, sigh call on the end?

thanks

• edited July 2013
    How about a nice musical interlude and get Joe to give us a rendition of  The Star Spangled  Banner as his forfit
  • edited July 2013

Evening Guys

Suggestion for forfeit - Get Stapes to sing "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy" James Cagney style.

Things that put me on life tilt 

When people don't squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube

People who levae the mobile phone turned on in the office, leave it on their desk, and walk away. ( Cure for this is to dunk it in coffee when it rings )

People who think TLA's are TLA's.  They are not, they are initialisations.

When you ask people how are they doing, and they answer "Not Three Bad"

I'll stop now.  Going into tilt thinking about it

Liking the show as always boys

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited July 2013
    625328270 is a nice hand