You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sick to my stomach!!!

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
I played a DYM with FCHD the other day.
Like many of you I was glued to his WSOP thread for the duration.
I saw the live show with Tikay and was genuinely pleased he was to be rewarded for his efforts!

Do you know what he's actually received?

Nil, Nichts, Naader! apart from a top of the posts place.

I naively thought a community supported each other and were happy when someone was rewarded for their efforts!

For the few who posted negative comments, because someone else was getting something they weren't.

You have my utmost disrespect!

I think Sky were very generous in offering a reward but can fully understand after all the negative comments why it didn't come to fruition.

My rant is over now, but I hope this saga doesn't deter others from contributing to the forum!

For the record I think FCHD did a great job and has acquitted himself impeccably since.
It just saddens me that a few negative posters on the forum succeeded in stopping a deserved reward over so many excellent positive posters!

Am I alone with these thoughts?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Sick to my stomach!!!:
    Am I alone with these thoughts?
    Posted by cleansweep
    No, but that won't make your position, the correct one.

Let me get this straight for a second...

You're crying because someone did something they enjoyed with their free time,
    That some forum members saw as an great act of selflessness,
    (Of which he was looking for nothing in return)
    And after all the debating and discussion...
    All he's got is modicum of appreciation, forum love, and (most likely) a Top Of The Posts freeroll seat worth £25?

Poor him imo.

Introspection ftw.
  • edited July 2013
    Agree with the general point, thread title is pretty dramatic though.

Don't really care either way if FCHD got awarded the World or nothing.

Be nice if Sky gave him lots of money/equity.

Be abit cr@p if they gave him nothing.

Why do people care so much either way? :/
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!!:
    In Response to Sick to my stomach!!! : No, but that won't make your position, the correct one. Let me get this straight for a second... You're crying because someone did something they enjoyed with their free time, That some forum members saw as an great act of selflessness, (Of which he was looking for nothing in return) And after all the debating and discussion... All he's got is modicum of appreciation, forum love, and (most likely) a Top Of The Posts freeroll seat worth £25? Poor him imo. Introspection ftw.
    Posted by Smitalos

No tears!

Just can't fathom who appointed the negative posters as God?

A reward was offered unconditionally and generously by Sky
    The debate was supposed to determine the most suitable prize. not, whether it should be given or not!
    Some posters it appears, believe they should decide how other people spend their money.

I just find it sad that they have to be so negative towards others

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : No tears! Just can't fathom who appointed the negative posters as God? A reward was offered unconditionally and generously by Sky The debate was supposed to determine the most suitable prize. not, whether it should be given or not! Some posters it appears, believe they should decide how other people spend their money. I just find it sad that they have to be so negative towards others
    Posted by cleansweep
    Then you misunderstand the intentions and reasons behind those against giving FCHD a huge prize.

I can't speak for everyone who believes a warm reception from the forum, along with a £25 freeroll seat, was enough for FCHD, but...
    At the core of my argument, I was standing up for everyone but FCHD.

What if a bunch of new posters came into the forum and suggested I recieve Tickets + Accomodation to the SPT Grand Final, because they really enjoyed my posts over the summer. Maybe it comes to around a £500 package?
    Would that not seem unfair, to you?
    To others in this forum that have given as much, if not more, but are left unheard by the majority?
    Why should a few posters influence those at Sky, that because I did something they enjoy, I should get rewarded for it, in a big way? Where would you draw the line? What about those that don't enjoy my posts, or think £500 isn't enough or is too much?

Exactly.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : Then you misunderstand the intentions and reasons behind those against giving FCHD a huge prize. I can't speak for everyone who believes a warm reception from the forum, along with a £25 freeroll seat, was enough for FCHD, but... At the core of my argument, I was standing up for everyone but FCHD. What if a bunch of new posters came into the forum and suggested I recieve Tickets + Accomodation to the SPT Grand Final, because they really enjoyed my posts over the summer. Maybe it comes to around a £500 package? Would that not seem unfair, to you? To others in this forum that have given as much, if not more, but are left unheard by the majority? Why should a few posters influence those at Sky, that because I did something they enjoy, I should get rewarded for it, in a big way? Where would you draw the line? What about those that don't enjoy my posts, or think £500 isn't enough or is too much? Exactly.
    Posted by Smitalos
    It appears from the number of negative posts you make, You are making a serious attempt to achieve the above !!! whether it be threads relating to someone elses reward or tourneys set up for a Ladies nights in.

If you are indeed, as educated as you imply, maybe, just maybe you'll realise there are limits to how far, you can go before your thoughts become tedious.

I respect your poker play, and can only wish I was as well educated, if only to string sentences together properly, but am so glad I don't have your attitude or lack of compassion for fellow human beings.

I'll leave the thread now so you can have yet another final word........................

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : It appears from the number of negative posts you make, You are making a serious attempt to achieve !!! whether it be threads relating to someone elses reward or tourneys set up for a Ladies nights in. If you are indeed, as educated as you imply, maybe, just maybe you'll realise there are limits to how far, you can go before your thoughts become tedious. I respect your poker play, and can only wish I was as well educated, if only to string sentences together properly, but am so glad I don't have your attitude or lack of compassion for fellow human beings. I'll leave the thread now so you can have yet another final word........................
    Posted by cleansweep
    - My posts arn't intrinsically negative. You don't enjoy them, okay, that's fine. You could complain about it, or make the forum a better place for yourself (and others that agree with you) by explaining why my posts are bad, so I can correct them for the future.
    RE:FCHD, I was arguing for a fair and just result. Gifting people huge prizes (as stated many times) for what FCHD did, creates a world of problems. RE: Women's Tourneys, I believe it would be unethical, and it's solving one problem with another.
    I won't apologise for my posts that value fairness and equality, over keeping everyone happy. If you think I'm wrong, speak up, and find evidence for your claim.
    - This is a public forum, and I am breaking no rules, nor breaching any explicit forum ettiquette. I am merely trying to quash ignorance, and discuss difficult and contraversial topics whereby both parties can potentially learn something. I enjoy coming on here too.
    - I think you're confusing compassion with respect. I care deeply for others, their rights, and their ability to express them. I do not care for malformed, harmful, and divisive ideas though. And it would take as much as a forum block to prevent me from fighting against these, on Sky.
    I'll leave the thread now so you can have yet another final word........................
    Do you want a discussion, or to be ignored then?
    If you want to be ignored, then why even post in the first place?
    If you want a reply, then why say something as idiocratic as this?

To end a post with this, is to force your opponent into a LOSE-LOSE situation.
    If I don't reply, I've either ignored you, and been a douchebag. Or, you got "the last word in" and feel as if you were right.
    Conversely, if I reply and try to engage you in a meaningful discussion, you immediately tell yourself that... "Oh, Smit just can't let it rest can he. Barging in again with "the last word".

Passive-Agressive attempts like this to win the argument just make you look silly, and out of options. You're better than that, so come up with a legitimate reason to put me in my place, instead of resorting to stuff like this. It does no-one any favours.
  • edited July 2013
    Please can you all leave me out of your arguments. I am still here and reading threads you know.

If I knew it was going to cause all these discussions, I wouldn't even have started work on the WSOP theead.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : - My posts arn't intrinsically negative. You don't enjoy them, okay, that's fine. You could complain about it, or make the forum a better place for yourself (and others that agree with you) by explaining why my posts are bad, so I can correct them for the future. RE:FCHD, I was arguing for fair and just result. Gifting people huge prizes (as stated many times) for what FCHD did, creates a world of problems. RE: Women's Tourneys, I believe it would be unethical, and it's solving one problem with another. I won't apologise for my posts that value fairness and equality, over keeping everyone happy. If you think I'm wrong, speak up, and find evidence for your claim. - This is a public forum, and I am breaking no rules, nor breaching any explicit forum ettiquette. I am merely trying to quash ignorance, and discuss difficult and contraversial topics whereby both parties can potentially learn something. I enjoy coming on here too. - I think you're confusing compassion with respect. I care deeply for others, their rights, and their ability to express them. I do not care for malformed, harmful, and divisive ideas though. And it would take as much as a forum block to prevent me from fighting against these, on Sky. Do you want a discussion, or to be ignored then? If you want to be ignored, then why even post in the first place? If you want a reply, then why say something as idiocratic as this? To end a post with this, is to force your opponent into a LOSE-LOSE situation. If I don't reply, I've either ignored you, and been a douchebag. Or, you got "the last word in" and feel as if you were right. Conversely, if I reply and try to engage you in a meaningful discussion , you immediately tell yourself that... "Oh, Smit just can't let it rest can he. Barging in again with "the last word". Passive-Agressive attempts like this to win the argument just make you look silly, and out of options. You're better than that, so come up with a legitimate reason to put me in my place, instead of resorting to stuff like this. It does no-one any favours.
    Posted by Smitalos
    This is probably the most up yourself post i have ever read on here(and thats saying something)
  • edited July 2013
    A lot of people do a whole host of things for nothing and dont get rewards. I too enjoyed FCHD's posts but Im sure he was doing them because its what he is in to and was not expecting a reward.

I think its wrong to complain about him not getting a reward.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : This is probably the most up yourself post i have ever read on here(and thats saying something)
    Posted by igimc
    Just trying to show others my PoV as quick as possible man. Using long words/phrases, explaining ideas in detail, or explaining to people why they're wrong, isn't being 'Up yourself'.

- Up yourself/Pretentious -
    Adjective
    Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I'm not trying to impress anyone, nor should my posts be immediately valued more than others, just because of a good track record (and visa versa). Arguments should be assessed on their own merits or shortcomings, and whether I'm more or less intelligent than the next poster, the ideas should be scrutinised in the same way.
    A lot of people do a whole host of things for nothing and dont get rewards. I too enjoyed FCHD's posts but Im sure he was doing them because its what he is in to and was not expecting a reward. I think its wrong to complain about him not getting a reward.
    Posted by gerardirl
    +1. Forum thanks+love + £25 Ticket is pretty good anyway!
  • edited July 2013

On a side note, how do you work out it was a £25 ticket? It was a freeroll event and I ended up with £15

• edited July 2013
    On a side note, how do you work out it was a £25 ticket? It was a freeroll event and I ended up with £15
    Posted by FCHD
    Prizepool / no of runners = value of your seat in the game.
  • edited July 2013
    Would be ashame of FC got nout, after it was announced he was getting something, but was not yet decided as to what it would be.

A gesture, not a prize.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm sure he expected nothing when he was putti g the time and effort into the thread and didn't do it in the hope of receiving a reward or plaudits.

It is pretty sad though that some can find reason to complain about the prospect of him being regarded for doing something that benefits the whole community.  Some people will literally find anything to complain about!
  • edited July 2013
    I don't think i commented on the origional thread. 

Nor did i read the vegas updates, not my thing. So i didn't see the mans effort that many others did enjoy. 

However I know for a fact the cost of Nottingham was insane, travel + accom + seat (if u buy in direct) would easily be well over £400. 

Now I'm all for rewarding valuble input, but then look at others, someone like borinloner, he posts paragraphs of quality advice day in and day out in the clinic. He's nominated basically every single month for Top of the Posts repeatedly which shows the quality and consistancy of these posts. He has no friends, do you see him being offered a £400+ package? 

I have nothing against one person getting effort reconised, nor do i have anything against FCHD.

• edited July 2013
    I don't think i commented on the origional thread.  Nor did i read the vegas updates, not my thing. So i didn't see the mans effort that many others did enjoy.  However I know for a fact the cost of Nottingham was insane, travel + accom + seat (if u buy in direct) would easily be well over £400.  Now I'm all for rewarding valuble input, but then look at others, someone like borinloner, he posts paragraphs of quality advice day in and day out in the clinic. He's nominated basically every single month for Top of the Posts repeatedly which shows the quality and consistancy of these posts. He has no friends, do you see him being offered a £400+ package?  I have nothing against one person getting effort reconised, nor do i have anything against FCHD.
    Posted by The_Don90
    That would be very sad, but I'm not convinced that it is true.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : That would be very sad, but I'm not convinced that it is true.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That small comment was supposed to add some light humour to a post which i felt maybe abit strong. Seems it hasn't been taken in as such :( 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : That small comment was supposed to add some light humour to a post which i felt maybe abit strong. Seems it hasn't been taken in as such :( 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Umm, touche it would seem.

As a matter of interest, Don, how do you know who does or does not get given Freebies on the Community, & what their value is? They are almost never mentioned on the Community, as they are a private matter (just as well, it seems), but they happen almost every single week.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : That small comment was supposed to add some light humour to a post which i felt maybe abit strong. Seems it hasn't been taken in as such :( 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I'm sure he has friends! No idea why he chose the name "borinloner", bit of a shame really.

Self deprecating, or his sense of humour who knows.
  • edited July 2013
    We could start a new thread?

"Does Borinloner have any friends?"

The winner is the guy who gets close enough to the number. e.g.2
    We could then give him/her a prize.

We could then start a new thread questioning if the prize is adequate enough.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : Umm, touche it would seem . As a matter of interest, Don, how do you know who does or does not get given Freebies on the Community, & what their value is? They are almost never mentioned on the Community, as they are a private matter (just as well, it seems), but they happen almost every single week.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I really have literally no quarrels with any freebies sky wish to give to any player. Its their money and can do with it as they wish. I can obviously give my opinion which may differ to that of sky and i can put that forward in  constructive manner. I feel i did that in my last post. The only issue is clearly this instance its in a public eye. 

In private i obviously can't give an opinion. Its none of my business.

Meh i feel like im betweena rock and a hard place with this post. 

Basically Sky can spend as they see fit, i have nothing against that. However when its in the public eye, i would like to keep my right to give my opinion in a constructive manner. I assume when it comes to giving a freevbie my opinion wont change skys mind 

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : I really have literally no quarrels with any freebies sky wish to give to any player. Its their money and can do with it as they wish. I can obviously give my opinion which may differ to that of sky and i can put that forward in  constructive manner. I feel i did that in my last post. The only issue is clearly this instance its in a public eye.  In private i obviously can't give an opinion. Its none of my business. Meh i feel like im betweena rock and a hard place with this post.  Basically Sky can spend as they see fit, i have nothing against that. However when its in the public eye, i would like to keep my right to give my opinion in a constructive manner. I assume when it comes to giving a freevbie my opinion wont change skys mind 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don,

I spent some time trying to figure out your Post, which seemed strangely defensive, & then, I think, I clicked......

I wrote "touche", not "touchy"......

I have abso no problem with you stating your view, or opinion, even if it disagrees with my view.

Hope you enjoyed the SPT weekend.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : Hi Don, I spent some time trying to figure out your Post, which seemed strangely defensive, & then, I think, I clicked...... I wrote " touche ", not "touchy"...... I have abso no problem with you stating your view, or opinion, even if it disagrees with my view.   Hope you enjoyed the SPT weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah I wasn't familiar with the word Touche, Dohhhhh since explained it too me. :) Would have changed the manner of my reply. 

The SPT weekend was fantastic, met some new faces, kept up with some old ones, and overall enjoyed it. Winning the £25 Sunday game paid for it :) and i feel i played some good pokers too. 

Looking forward to Newcastle now. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Sick to my stomach!!! : Yeah I wasn't familiar with the word Touche, Dohhhhh since explained it too me. :) Would have changed the manner of my reply.  The SPT weekend was fantastic, met some new faces, kept up with some old ones, and overall enjoyed it. Winning the £25 Sunday game paid for it :) and i feel i played some good pokers too.  Looking forward to Newcastle now. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Touche Turtle ftw.