You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new beta software

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
I have had an invitation to try this new software. The thing is, sky want me to use my own money in live play to test this software. Would you?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    dont see why not pal, afterall its just poker software not a bomb
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software:
    dont see why not pal, afterall its just poker software not a bomb
    Posted by THEROCK573
    How would you feel if you turned the nuts and there was say £1000 in the pot and the software fialed? Thats a bomb!
  • edited July 2013
    I've been trialling it for a few months on my own money, don't see the problem?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software : How would you feel if you turned the nuts and there was say £1000 in the pot and the software fialed? Thats a bomb!
    Posted by wasnmee

lol ridiculous, just play small stakes
  • edited July 2013
    I've been trialling it for a few months on my own money, don't see the problem?
    Posted by Slykllist
    I'm Glad it is working for you but I personaly would will not be using my own money and paying a rake to test anybodies trial software. Thanks for your feedback
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software : lol ridiculous, just play small stakes
    Posted by sikas
    ok how would you feel if it was £50?
  • edited July 2013
    decline the invite if you feel that way.

if you do decide to join you still have the option to play tables in the old format
  • edited July 2013

Will they be adding a RNG to the new software?
  • edited July 2013
      Will they be adding a RNG to the new software?
    Posted by somer
    Huh?

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software : ok how would you feel if it was £50?
    Posted by wasnmee

Suicidal :-p

...just playt 0.02/0.04 pence cash games, then most u can lose is £4 with a full buyin
  • edited July 2013
    or play free money ? u can't play tourment with the beta which is silly
  • edited July 2013
    The question is - do you trust the Sky developers with your own money on software that is not on a released version? I don't think I would to be honest.
  • edited July 2013
    The question is - do you trust the Sky developers with your own money on software that is not on a released version? I don't think I would to be honest.
    Posted by FCHD
    I tried it for the first time last night.

It works fine. It takes a little to get used to as all software does when it changes and looks slightly different, but I didn't encounter any bugs.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software : I tried it for the first time last night. It works fine. It takes a little to get used to as all software does when it changes and looks slightly different, but I didn't encounter any bugs.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Not tried the new version but I did beta-test the current version many years ago. Never suffered from any problems then. Any issues were cosmetic IIRC. Any bugs should be relatively minor.
    Remember beta-testing is late stages of the testing phase so any major issues should have been detected and corrected.

I wouldn't be too concerned using my own £££££££age

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software : I tried it for the first time last night. It works fine. It takes a little to get used to as all software does when it changes and looks slightly different, but I didn't encounter any bugs.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    me too m8 found it ran really smooth,looks real good on full screen with HD
  • edited July 2013
    1st hand I played I had AK went aipf got called by A9.  flop came A9X xx
    so the new version is just as reliable as the old  imo.  :)

(* *)
       ^
    dev

ps; I did only buy-in for £1.40 not the full £4...
          so it's not all bad news. :)
  • edited July 2013
    Been using the new software also for quite a few months, unlike the flash based software had no tables freezing on me , no bugs and Sky have listerned to users feedback and have made changes.

Personally I have lost money on old software not only do I think Sky have created something at last that is proffesional and smooth.

I do have 1 complaint please please please get this new software launched asap! :)
  • edited July 2013
    For those who are on the new system, what improvements on the current software have been made?
  • edited July 2013
    I've dabbled on the new software but seem to find myself missing crucial action and missing hands comlpetely endeding up sitting out as i don't realise when its my turn as easily as the old software. This is only the case when i multitalbe thuogh so could be a case of getting used to the new graphics.

+ points
    Game is smooth
    chat in miniview (well there is no mini view but when you resize the table)
    the cool graphic when you win a hand and you watch your ingame balance tick over to the final amount
    Notes feature improved giving more room for notes and can assign different types of player different colours
    EDIT The ability to "Raise to" makes things simpler imo to
    - point
    I would like to see the whole cards be as large as the old software in comparison to the size of the table
    Pre flop betting options no need for 2bb keep as rase and options in forms of x3 x4 ect rather than 2bb 3bb 4bb makes re raising tricky
  • edited July 2013
    Out of interest.... because I have heard much about this new software over the previous months.... is it ever going to get released?

Id be keen to try it out.
  • edited July 2013
    I have just joined the trial and used it last night for the first time - very well developed and I find it much more clearer than the other graphics - I will keep using it and report back any issues I feel need addressing, but all good so far, except it is only for the cash tables and I cant wait for the finished software so MTTs can be accessed  - cheers sky

Chris Jones
    POKEY2011
    Bristol
  • edited July 2013
    I just hate the colour scheme at its smallest.
  • edited July 2013
    Out of interest.... because I have heard much about this new software over the previous months.... is it ever going to get released? Id be keen to try it out.
    Posted by gazza127
    It will be with you very soon!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: new beta software : It will be with you very soon!
    Posted by Sky_Sam

Come on Sam.... that means nothing.  Some sort of time frame please?
  • edited July 2013
    don`t know if it`s just me but loading up the beta tables takes forever for me anyone else the same?

if it was quicker loading I would be using the beta tables more.

• edited July 2013
    it takes a few seconds longer to load a table for me to Liam
  • edited July 2013
    don`t know if it`s just me but loading up the beta tables takes forever for me anyone else the same? if it was quicker loading I would be using the beta tables more.
    Posted by liamboi11
    yeah that's been happening to me, it seems to take an age to load . lost count of the times the free seat has disappeared while the table has been loading.

another anomaly I encountered last week was a little strange. last week the beta wasn't available, so as per when I wanted to play I joined waiting lists. the first few loaded the standard version when the seat became available but then it was beta tables that started to launch which weren't available and just came up with error messages, which meant I lost my place on the tables. got a little tilting in the end. anyone else encounter this?