You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

when and how long

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
been playing on this site for some time now. and it seems that every time i get my chips in in front i always get out drawn by the chip leader on the table,even when i get called with rubish.. when does the best hand hold up or is it the norm just to thin the comps out. the site caters for small bank rolls this i am gratefull, but its about time the best hand should hold up now and again. i can say that the last ten tournaments i have got my chips in in front. only to feel hard done by.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to when and how long:
    been playing on this site for some time now. and it seems that every time i get my chips in in front i always get out drawn by the chip leader on the table,even when i get called with rubish.. when does the best hand hold up or is it the norm just to thin the comps out. the site caters for small bank rolls this i am gratefull, but its about time the best hand should hold up now and again. i can say that the last ten tournaments i have got my chips in in front. only to feel hard done by.
    Posted by taylos711[/QUOT

all sounds familiar mate.
    it's all about the best hand at the end not pre-flop.
    I would suggest you widen your range up a bit also use position,ie; the button and by raising more often you won't need to go to showdown.

gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited July 2013
    largest chip stack will a take it 99/100 to run the tourney down quicker, if you low chip stack you will get 73 82 95 27 36 etc then AA AK KK go all in and large pot call you with 34 56 etc and hit the run or flush on river , you will learn just raise never go all in
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: when and how long:
    largest chip stack will a take it 99/100 to run the tourney down quicker, if you low chip stack you will get 73 82 95 27 36 etc then AA AK KK go all in and large pot call you with 34 56 etc and hit the run or flush on river , you will learn just raise never go all in
    Posted by screwy27
    This is ridiculous, there are some seriously paranoid people on here. Why would sky want to run the tournament down quicker? What difference does it make to them how long the mtt lasts??
  • edited July 2013
    ANY non-random features can be exploited, so if you REALLY believe the big stack wins 99% of pre-flop runs then chip up and go all-in every hand.  Please post up the results. All of them. Otherwise, *yawn*... oh sorry, getting late.
  • edited July 2013
    Always the site, not the players ability.

Everybody would win £££££££££ billionz at de pokerz if the sites were legit lol.
  • edited July 2013
    Always the site, not the players ability. Everybody would win £££££££££ billionz at de pokerz if the sites were legit lol.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Calcalfold
    pop across to my thread if you want to give me some grief!
    I've posted a hand history which makes for grim reading! Well, if you're me it does anyway :)
  • edited July 2013
    Jac35, your thread is so well written and you come over as a very nice chap.

I cannot bring myself to dish out grief!

I save that for the people who fail to grasp basic concepts and show traits akin to general wallyness (sic Delboy).
  • edited July 2013
    Jac35, your thread is so well written and you come over as a very nice chap. I cannot bring myself to dish out grief! I save that for the people who exhibit signs of low intelligence and general wallyness (sic Delboy).
    Posted by calcalfold
    Lol!

I'm honoured to hear that you have read it!
    Misread from you though i'm afraid, i'm not of high intelligence myself.
    If I was, I may have detected a little sarcasm in your post? :)
  • edited July 2013
    No worries, and I have removed the low intelligence aspect, as it is unfair.

And no, I certainly do not place you in that bracket. I am firmly of the belief that you can tell a lot about a person from how they type and construct their comments.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to when and how long :
    been playing on this site for some time now. and it seems that every time i get my chips in in front i always get out drawn by the chip leader on the table,even when i get called with rubish.. when does the best hand hold up or is it the norm just to thin the comps out. the site caters for small bank rolls this i am gratefull, but its about time the best hand should hold up now and again. i can say that the last ten tournaments i have got my chips in in front. only to feel hard done by. Posted by taylos711[/QUOT all sounds familiar mate. it's all about the best hand at the end not pre-flop. I would suggest you widen your range up a bit also use position,ie; the button and by raising more often you won't need to go to showdown. gl :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    thanks for your comments, will take your advice on board, just seemed to be happining alot lately. 
  • edited July 2013
    If you're winning long term, keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep winning long term or work on aspects of your game and you'll maybe win more long term.

If you're losing long term...... stop blaming the site and improve your game, simples!