You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Gutter Press - The Opera - Featuring Abi Titmuss

edited December 2009 in The Shed

This is an unusual request.

I will give a quick overview,

My younger brother is a talented pianist/musician and has played in numerous concerts all over the world.  Recently he decided to write his own musical production together with a friend.

The `Tete a tete` opera festival read the script and decided they liked it and let them produce it at the festival at the riverside studios in Hammersmith.

Someone he works with is also Abi Titmuss`s agent and thought she would love a small part in this, which she happily agreed to do. FOR FREE. Dont know how he managed to blag that one, but I think its probably something she wants to get into.

This is not the full production and I`m not sure if the whole thing has actually been written yet.  This is just a couple of scenes of what would be a final production.  

The way it works I think is that the different acts in the festival put on these small shows, in the hope of getting an investment so they can make a big stage production.  There is about 100 in the audience so Its nothing huge but it was a sellout.

It got good reviews in the press and the riverside and tete a tete said it was their favourite production of the festival.

It was recently put on youtube, and I suppose some potential investors would be looking at this, he has also sent a few DVDs out to certain ppl.  Obviously it would look good to these potential investors if the comments on youtube were very positive.

Now I know this sort of thing isnt everyones cup of tea and wont bother watching it ( it is in 5 parts and if you only watch a snippet, I recommend part 2 from about half way through, real catchy song imo. btw abi features in part 1).

So even if you dont watch it, I would be eternally grateful if you could leave a positive comment on youtube.

Gutter press - Its basically about the low morals of the paparazzi and how they would stop at nothing to get the famous `crotch shot`, it evolves into a potential romance between a hard up pap who is trying to make it in the pap world by getting that big picture worth thousands, and a wannabee famous performer.

Anyway, I loved it but I suppose Im biased ( and so proud lol)

ps, My brother is the pianist, who is mostly out of shot, and the other musicians are friends of his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHQVLCx_m4E

thankyou