You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT 6 Max Pay Structure

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat
Firstly id like to congrats Ian (macmonster) on winning SPT 6 max. Great guy, always does well at these and also runs hotter than the sun. ;)

Also a big well done to all that cashed and to Sky staff for putting on another great tourney.  6 max really is fun.

I did think the payout structure was a bit weird though. I may be wrong as im not really clued up with how its done.

as far as I was aware prizes are always top heavy which is correct, and the pay jumps reflect that. The pay jumps  here were strange though as the difference from 19th to 18th was £267 yet the difference from 11th to 10th was only £47? There are more but thats the 2 extremes I noticed.

I was just wondering why this is as jumps are usually at the smaller end for min cashes.

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited July 2013
    I used DTD's standard payout structure for tournaments of over 180 runners. I didn't think I could improve on it ;-)

That sees a jump up from 19th to 18th, for example as its a bigger reward for making the final two tables of a nine handed tournament. If I had thought about it at the time it might have made sense to put a bigger jump in 13th to 12th to reflect it being a six max tournament

Apart from that, it was a completely standard Live MTT payout. It paid a bit deeper than some payout structures, some structures have different percentages up top but essentially the same format
  • edited July 2013
    ok brilliant, thanks for that.

looking forward to the next one already
  • edited July 2013
    I think it should have paid top 81... especially after I got owned by a certain OP... Well played mate, nice cash :)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT 6 Max Pay Structure:
    I think it should have paid top 81... especially after I got owned by a certain OP... Well played mate, nice cash :)
    Posted by WWFCBlue
    I will never forget that hand. Nice meeting you and hope to see you at another one and buy you a drink :)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT 6 Max Pay Structure:
    In Response to Re: SPT 6 Max Pay Structure : I will never forget that hand. Nice meeting you and hope to see you at another one and buy you a drink :)
    Posted by mewillows
    Me neither! Pretty epic hand, been interesting getting other peoples views on it as well. Basically I got far too confused by the min4bet pre lol, which sorta affected the rest of it lol, but yeah, pretty impressive stuff.
    And definitely sounds good mate, wouldve had one with you this weekend but you were too buusy going deep!
  • edited July 2013
    Damn levelling wars! The hand earlier on btw, where i cold4bet, then check folded the turn (aggro ftw!) and you said "do you think im bluffing" and showed A6o... I had 74 :)
  • edited July 2013
    100% honest, the reason i shoved was because you said after the first leveling war " i dont need to get involved with you" so when you did, i thought you were light.  I just had to get it through to my head you didnt have 99 or AA. anything else cant really call a shove.

was defo a heart pounding moment though.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah i had that in my head as well, but I went the other way in that it meant you knew I'd be levelling a bit, so would be less likely to get into a levelling war because i could level back - ahhh more levels. With hindsight (so much easier knowing the cards), the 4b looks like its finding out if im at it, so really i should be 5b-ing there. General feeling is that I probably should jam turn, which could possibly get you to fold TT/JJ, or simply give up and check-fold flop. More i think about it, i dont like my flat pre, or the bet on the turn making it look like I'm trying to induce the shove by levelling that I could get away from it, when really I want you to fold and that I can get away from it.

Think you probably realised that that hand then led to my exit hand, think the 3b jam with QThh was slightly tilted lol... 
  • edited July 2013
    And that is probably one of the most complicated replies ive posted to anything ever ^
  • edited July 2013
    hahaha yeh i get it totally. you check raised the flop after calling a 4 bet. then lead out on the turn? my brain was on fire
  • edited July 2013
    I think my brain still is... I won't be at Newcastle, but will try some sats for the grand final at DTD, so hopefully see you there. Congrats again on the cash :)