You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

$25/SkypeCoaching Freeroll Quiz

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: $25/SkypeCoaching Freeroll Quiz:
    If you could correctly answer those questions why would you need the half hour coaching session?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Maybe because you think that answering those questions correctly, means that you don't need coaching? :P
    as ever an entertaining video It appears some of the regulars perhaps did not like the fact that video showed them snap sit into the game when a "recreational" player arrived then snap leave when said player lost there roll
    Posted by bugaloo
    Cheers Bugaloo :)
    If they're getting pissy over me showing people what they do day-in day-out, then...
    Well, tough tiddles. It's the truth, nothing more. I don't take too kindly to bumhunters, as you probably know! :P

I don't think it's those comments that got them so riled though. More the fact that I don't rate them too highly.

Which is perculiar, no? If I'm such a donk, why does my opinion mean anything to them?
    Food for thought.
  • edited July 2013
    This is actually funny but kind of creepy. Why would any of us regs care about admitting we want to play in a high value £10-20 game (the biggest game that currently runs on the site). Let me tell you something the great carlos smitalos never sits £10-20 the reason he did was because he saw a big fish floating about and wanted to take a shot with him.

He was at the table for the exact same reason every other reg was. The reason he sat and played a couple of hands was for show and for his vid. Surprised how naive a forum can be. Hes easier to read than wheres wally. 

The simple fact is hes a loser in the big games, reason being; because he gets found out and he isn't as good as he potrays. But every good player on the site knows that.

Why do you think the only big pot he won was where he got it in bad & doubled up. We can all talk a good game, but when the pressures on the real winners show and the others crumble. 

• edited July 2013
    Why not play HU v JH - omg you both waiting for rec -_-

Very entertaining video :D

99 was classic get there !

mbn

also that GTO question is a bit odd, maybe above my head but if they both playing GTO then the amount doesn't matter they both break even. If player A devaites from GTO, which is what you suggest right....then ok mmmmmm....then player A not playing GTO yo!

Smit you are fun )

• edited July 2013
    This is actually funny but kind of creepy. Why would any of us regs care about admitting we want to play in a high value £10-20 game (the biggest game that currently runs on the site). Let me tell you something the great carlos smitalos never sits £10-20 the reason he did was because he saw a big fish floating about and wanted to take a shot with him. He was at the table for the exact same reason every other reg was. The reason he sat and played a couple of hands was for show and for his vid. Surprised how naive a forum can be. Hes easier to read than wheres wally.  The simple fact is hes a loser in the big games, reason being; because he gets found out and he isn't as good as he potrays. But every good player on the site knows that. Why do you think the only big pot he won was where he got it in bad & doubled up. We can all talk a good game, but when the pressures on the real winners show and the others crumble. 
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Okay, enough is enough. Scr ew ettiquette.

- I'm not the one who sits at HU tables all day refusing action from regs, waiting solely for rec. players.
    - I'm not the one who constantly dodges prop bet action, while talking a big game.
    - I'm not the one who still gets staked for tournies. Either you're busto, or a poosechops.

I think it's pretty universal that if anything, I'm the anti-bumhunter. Taking shots, jumping into 100/200 8game b/c to be frank, I just don't give a fcuk. You wanna come here and say how you don't like me, about how my game sucks? Cool, that's fine. One thing I won't put up with though, is a liar. I never have, and never will bumhunt. They're a disgrace to the poker community imo. What I think of you of as a person is trivial. Why I think you suck at poker? Well..

If you wanna play HU at any time sir, just hit me up. Whichever stakes ya like.

fwiw, I'm pretty sure I could copy your post to any solid winning player, and they'd know that really, there's a lot of bluster under that cap.
    "Because he gets found out"
    lol
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: $25/SkypeCoaching Freeroll Quiz : Okay, enough is enough. Scr ew ettiquette. - I'm not the one who sits at HU tables all day refusing action from regs, waiting solely for rec. players. - I'm not the one who constantly dodges prop bet action, while talking a big game. - I'm not the one who still gets staked for tournies. Either you're busto, or a poosechops. I think it's pretty universal that if anything, I'm the anti-bumhunter. Taking shots, jumping into 100/200 8game b/c to be frank, I just don't give a fcuk. You wanna come here and say how you don't like me, about how my game sucks? Cool, that's fine. One thing I won't put up with though, is a liar. I never have, and never will bumhunt. They're a disgrace to the poker community imo. What I think of you of as a person is trivial. Why I think you suck at poker? I could go on for days sir. But hey, if you wanna put your money where your mouth is for a change... 2kNL HU? fwiw, I'm pretty sure I could copy your post to any solid winning player, and they'd know that really, there's a lot of bluster under that cap. "Because he gets found out" lol
    Posted by Smitalos
    Haha touched a nerve, thought I might. The truth hurts eh.

I don't sit HU maybe you should do your research before opening your mouth?

I don't get staked for tornys LOL. Buy myself into everything once again, maybe do your research?

Played you HU loads of times, u win one buyin and give some abuse in the chat before running off. Like you do to every reg on here (which if I wanted too could get mutiple regs to testify to this behavior).

Carlos sorry to burst your bubble but ur a small time 50-1/1-2 grinder. But if you want to carry on your little illusion I'll let you do it kid ;-). Credit it to you though you are good at one thing, self publicising on a mickey mouse scale. Maybe you should work for your local newspaper as an editor of some sort.

• edited July 2013
    blimey a argument on the forums without me involved 

hang on i be bk in a mo i just get my popcorn :)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: $25/SkypeCoaching Freeroll Quiz : Haha touched a nerve, thought I might. The truth hurts eh. I don't sit HU maybe you should do your research before opening your mouth? I don't get staked for tornys LOL. Buy myself into everything once again, maybe do your research? Played you HU loads of times, u win one buyin and give some abuse in the chat before running off. Like you do to every reg on here (which if I wanted too could get mutiple regs to testify to this behavior). Carlos sorry to burst your bubble but ur a small time 50-1/1-2 grinder. But if you want to carry on your little illusion I'll let you do it kid ;-). Credit it to you though you are good at one thing, self publicising on a mickey mouse scale. Maybe you should work for your local newspaper as an editor of some sort.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    1) I have screenshots of you, and other "good players" bumhunting. Call my bluff, sonnnnnnn!
    2) My sources say otherwise. Once a liar...
    3) Can I confirm that you're refusing to play me HU?

RE: Touching a nerve, I'm not the one coming into a thread posting emotional diatribes just because I said you're a bumhunting nit. Go back to your .fr games James, where you don't 3bet QQ and give rec.players abuse in chat.

Redmond, great player.
    Lemon_Party, pretty darn good.
    PokiePanda, bit of a bawse.

You luckboxed a minute sponsorship and havn't been heard from since. HU is there if you want it bud. Or a crossbook in any cash game we're in. Or heck, a crossbook in any tourneys too. My money is there for the taking man.
  • edited July 2013
    HU Smitty v James

4 tables of 100NL and Smitty records the lot for a vlog imo

FWIW, I have no allegiance to either side, just love a good HU battle, especially when both parties are confident in their own edge over the oppo
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: $25/SkypeCoaching Freeroll Quiz : 1) I have screenshots of you, and other "good players" bumhunting. Call my bluff, sonnnnnnn! 2) My sources say otherwise. Once a liar... 3) Can I confirm that you're refusing to play me HU? RE: Touching a nerve, I'm not the one coming into a lil' forum thread posting emotional diatribes just because I said you're a bumhunting nit. Go back to your .fr games James, where you don't 3bet QQ and give rec.players abuse in chat. Redmond, great player. Lemon_Party, pretty darn good. PokiePanda, bit of a bawse. You luckboxed a minute sponsorship and havn't been heard from since. HU is there if you want it bud. Or a crossbook in any cash game we're in. Or heck, a crossbook in any tourneys too. My money is there for the taking man.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Is this even a real conversation. You clearly don't even have any sources its common knowledge I buy myself into everything.

If I ever want to play a hit-n-run folding station HU I'll let you know.  

Don't need to reveal my reasoning on certain plays as I don't want to coach fish like you and improve your 2007 style game. I know you have to explain why you make certain plays like you A2o genius line because you were embarassed and are insecure about your own ability despite all the bravado.

Don't you mean I left all my sponsorship deals through choice as I wanted to no longer be known on the poker circuit so I had a bigger edge, something you might wanna learn if you ever break the 1/2 barrier or manage to leave your house anytime in the future. Doubt you will though, you hermit keyboard warriors never leave the house thats why your on here day & night trying to earn respect of people you don't know and will probably never meet in your life.

You need to brush up on your knowledge bigtime kid, as you don't have anything better to do than stalk me I thought you might at least know the basics.

GG
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah IDCU wheres the popcorn emoticon. 

Ive just spent the last few hours watching your vids mr smitalos. Wow I dont see a lot of poker strat quite a lot of hot air imo, but who am I to say. With some of the things you have said, like when you where drunk, are you not surprised you got a bit of a reaction. As for that 100 nl sweat session, I didnt see a reg in site. In the morning your gonna run into 60nine60, tommyd amongst others. 

My understanding is back in the day, James was a high stakes reg constantly appearing in TOTP against other regs, so I dont know where the bumhunter accusations come from. For the record Carlos we havent seen you on TOTP much over the last year or so. 

Certainly James isnt one of the many hu players who sit there looking for a soft game so I think you got that wrong. Hell theres even some that sit out vs me !

You truly are like marmite smit, but I suspect your getting more loathers than admirers. 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to a:
    HU Smitty v James 4 tables of 100NL and Smitty records the lot for a vlog imo FWIW, I have no allegiance to either side, just love a good HU battle, especially when both parties are confident in their own edge over the oppo
    Posted by Lambert180
    Give the people what they want imo. ;)

Okay but seriously, I hate where this thread is going. James has come in and completely derailed the thread b/c of his ego. If he wants to publicly question my integrity off the tables (which is... yeah), then find somewhere better to do it, yeah? PM me, Tweet at me, or heck, start a new thread.

I'm not just saying this, but the guy obviously feels threatened.
    If i'm such a donk, why do my comments get to him so much that he has to rant in a thread where I'm trying to do something for the community?
    Why does he have to forge outright lies about who I am/what I've done just to make himself look better?
    And one I've always kinda giggled at...
    Why am I blocked from viewing his Twitter feed? Haha.

I'll take on all comers on and off the table, but the way James has dealt with my 'criticisms' is rediculous, borderline laughable imo.
  • edited July 2013
    HU4ROLLZ!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah IDCU wheres the popcorn emoticon.  Ive just spent the last few hours watching your vids mr smitalos. Wow I dont see a lot of poker strat quite a lot of hot air imo, but who am I to say. With some of the things you have said, like when you where drunk, are you not surprised you got a bit of a reaction. As for that 100 nl sweat session, I didnt see a reg in site. In the morning your gonna run into 60nine60, tommyd amongst others.  My understanding is back in the day, James was a high stakes reg constantly appearing in TOTP against other regs, so I dont know where the bumhunter accusations come from. For the record Carlos we havent seen you on TOTP much over the last year or so.  Certainly James isnt one of the many hu players who sit there looking for a soft game so I think you got that wrong. Hell theres even some that sit out vs me ! You truly are like marmite smit, but I suspect your getting more loathers than admirers. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +1
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: $25/SkypeCoaching Freeroll Quiz : Is this even a real conversation. You clearly don't even have any sources its common knowledge I buy myself into everything. If I ever want to play a hit-n-run folding station HU I'll let you know.   Don't need to reveal my reasoning on certain plays as I don't want to coach fish like you and improve your 2007 style game. I know you have to explain why you make certain plays like you A2o genius line because you were embarassed and are insecure about your own ability despite all the bravado. Don't you mean I left all my sponsorship deals through choice as I wanted to no longer be known on the poker circuit so I had a bigger edge, something you might wanna learn if you ever break the 1/2 barrier or manage to leave your house anytime in the future. Doubt you will though, you hermit keyboard warriors never leave the house thats why your on here day & night trying to earn respect of people you don't know and will probably never meet in your life. You need to brush up on your knowledge bigtime kid, as you don't have anything better to do than stalk me I thought you might at least know the basics. GG
    Posted by lJAMESl
    "Folding station" - lol, oxymoron. Play me then!
    "A2o genius line" - I admitted that in my vid matey. :)
    everything else - Who's hit whose nerve, again?

I sincerely hope this stays up for a while. Emotionally frail and ultimately all talk, no walk. HU will always be there if you want it, James.
  • edited July 2013

Closing the thread.