You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Planning, Bet sizing,

I'm pretty new to poker and still learning. I have checked out a lot of other websites and poker clients. It seems like you only have to know when to bet, wouldn't really trust the hot-o-meter. Tournament Indicator is good thou to find where you are at, but my Holdem Manager won't work. Does Sky ban it, If so why?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    You...don't trust....the HOT O' METER?!

Close the door on the way out please.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Planning, Bet sizing,:
    You...don't trust....the HOT O' METER?! Close the door on the way out please.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
     If you are facing two all-ins on the button with Queens does the hot-o-meter say you are on fire.
  • edited July 2013

1. Because the site is fish friendly and want as many fish as possible
    2. If you could see your EV then you would probably be sick in your mouth

• edited July 2013
    Sky doesn't support 3rd party software.
    You'll have to do it the old fashioned way - use your brain :-)
  • edited July 2013
    Sky doesn't support 3rd party software. You'll have to do it the old fashioned way - use your brain :-)
    Posted by VespaPX

?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Planning, Bet sizing, :  If you are facing two all-ins on the button with Queens does the hot-o-meter say you are on fire.
    Posted by Rob_Ump
    If I have QQ and am facing 2 all ins then my H O' M melts, its that excited.
  • edited July 2013
    The HOT O METER is the most sophisticated piece of poker software known to man. I win 9 out of every 10 mtts that I play simply by following it every hand. The one mtt that I don't win is from when I try to ignore the meter and play my own game.......I'm soon back to the HOT O METER with my tail between my legs!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Didnt you realise that the past five winners of the WSOP main events have all been secretly using the "hot-o-meter", not a lot of people know that.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Planning, Bet sizing,:
     I'm pretty new to poker and still learning. I have checked out a lot of other websites and poker clients. It seems like you only have to know when to bet, wouldn't really trust the hot-o-meter. Tournament Indicator is good thou to find where you are at, but my Holdem Manager won't work. Does Sky ban it, If so why?
    Posted by Rob_Ump

this is the best line ever imo 
    ty....just ty
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Planning, Bet sizing,:
    Posted by Rob_Ump
    ignore the trolls

as a newbie you may feel poker is relatively simple - know the rules and then, as you say, it's just a case of knowing when to bet.

however it is actually much more complicated than that. ignore hot-o-meters or any other indicator and start working on poker strategy.

if you want to know what sort of questions and answers do poker players have about how they play their hands have a look at the poker clinic. lots of threads in there from some really good players asking how to play hands.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Planning, Bet sizing, : ignore the trolls as a newbie you may feel poker is relatively simple - know the rules and then, as you say, it's just a case of knowing when to bet. however it is actually much more complicated than that. ignore hot-o-meters or any other indicator and start working on poker strategy. if you want to know what sort of questions and answers do poker players have about how they play their hands have a look at the poker clinic. lots of threads in there from some really good players asking how to play hands.
    Posted by GELDY
     Thanks for your advice, thought I'd hooked up with the hillbillie amish.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Planning, Bet sizing, : ignore the trolls as a newbie you may feel poker is relatively simple - know the rules and then, as you say, it's just a case of knowing when to bet. however it is actually much more complicated than that. ignore hot-o-meters or any other indicator and start working on poker strategy. if you want to know what sort of questions and answers do poker players have about how they play their hands have a look at the poker clinic. lots of threads in there from some really good players asking how to play hands.
    Posted by GELDY
    Ignore this OP.