You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Smitty's Quiz

2»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Smitty's Quiz:
    In Response to Re: Smitty's Quiz : Stop taking remarks about your poker game personally. I don't think you're as talented as people percieve you to be. I cba to spend time on yet another reg losing their cool, so, in cliff note form... - If I were acting the way I do towards recreational players, yes, it'd be childish imo. All i'm saying is that Sky has a bunch of over-rated wannabe pros, all just imo. - Credit to you RE: 25/50, and 12-tabling, more power to ya. You are (compared to me anyway) a nit. You wanna prop on who has the highest VPIP out of me and you? Or me versus any reg for that matter? For real, be my guest. That isn't smack talk, that's me trying to prove, with evidence that I'm right on this one. - Again, congrats. Cool story bro. - "Got the local bumhunters waiting for aces, so tilting what even is thissss Punish the f*ckin' nitty little bumhunting f*cks ffs" Stop lying. Please. I also DIDN'T say anyone was great. I thought JH16 is decent, and probably the best out of the 5 I was with at the time. I don't particularly rate anyone else. Again, stop with the lies please. - I was sitting out, because they were the biggest stakes of my life. I have 25BI for that level, and I wasn't keen on playing two 3-handed, high variance tables. Two 6max tables, at least when I had the best seat at the table, I can just about convince myself to do. - I do not consider you a bumhunter. It was a general term used for everyone swarming round the table when a rec. sat at the start. I can clarify this in my next video if you really want me to. - Again, as said, 12tabling 100nl (where I have 500BI) is a little different to 1-2 tabling the biggest stakes of my life, where 1 pot can represent 10% of my roll. Stop making assumptions about my mind-set, please. - For the record, I have nothing against you. You're a bit of a nit, but bar that, I have no qualms. (as stated in the video) you have a good set of fundamentals and probably one of the better regs on the site. Whether you hate my guts, or my poker play, won't change my opinion of you, or your game. James though, is a different kettle of fish. I think he's a bit of a... well, douchebag. He's a MAHOOSIVE nit, and bumhunts like there's no tomorrow. He's all talk, but never wants to take me up on my many requests to play him. - I've only spoken with JH16 only a few times online, in the chat box. We've played HU a few times, and he's usually my go-to guy when I get really tilted and want to flip coins for rollz. Tbbh, we're nothing past acquaintances really. So again, I'd really appreciate it if we could stop with the accusations based on wild misconceptions of yours. You can also confirm this with JH16 himself if you like. Always here to discuss sir. Do I rate you as a player? Meh. You're alright. As a person? Never met you, or had any chance to talk at length. No reads, hard to say. Do I rate James as a player? Hell no. As a person? Hellllllllllll no. And the stories I've been told about him corraborate my initial feelings. There are many people on Sky that I think are great guys, but I don't rate their game. Julian, Tommy, TimmyRaRa et al. (no offence guys!) And there are people that I think are really good, but probably not nice as individuals. Marc Wright, among others (unfair to name names tbh) PM me if you want to discuss this further, as I'd like to keep this thread on topic. Failing that, post away. But can we PLEASE stop the lies and accusations bro. Thank you.
    Posted by Smitalos
    HEy Smit,

Offshoot's post was quite mild, given the stuff you were saying in the video.

Up until this week, i always looked at your posts as being a bit of fun and good humoured in nature.

But there's been a few threads recently that have just descended into farce.

It's sweet you make videos, but there's no need to have a go at the players you are playing against. As my mum always says, treat people the way you want to be treated!

Would be good to keep it more fun / humour and less controversy
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Smitty's Quiz : HEy Smit, Offshoot's post was quite mild, given the stuff you were saying in the video. Up until this week, i always looked at your posts as being a bit of fun and good humoured in nature. But there's been a few threads recently that have just descended into farce. It's sweet you make videos, but there's no need to have a go at the players you are playing against. Treat people the way you want to be treated. It's no surprise they would respond.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Was his post civilised, you mean? Fairly, I'd say so, yes. But compiled of quite a few lies, as well as some misconceptions.

Do I say that any particular recreational player sucks? No. They're here for fun, and I always try and do my best to help with that.
    But do I rip some of the pros I play with? Yeah, sure. (and heck, occasionally I'll present evidence to back it up, or just challenge them HU4ROLLZ, haha).
    Anywho, I see no reason not to get under a fellow pros skin, if they'll allow me to. Their primarily here to make money, just as I am. That's ultimately their goal, right? To take money off me. And if their personality is such, that I won't feel guilty whatsoever for bashing a lack of ability, so that I can get them in an ego-war to make more money, I see no problem with that.

I treat great people how I wish to be treated.

I treat scummy players with contempt and zero respect.

Saying someone is a nit, shouldn't be seen as an attack on them personally, just as I wouldn't take it personally if they called me a fishy-spewtard. It's their opinion, and they're entitled to it. Free speech and all that.

Offshoot (afaik) isn't scummy, and saying that he's a nit or w/e, doesn't imply that. He's just a tight player in my eyes, which sometimes makes me want to vom. That's all.
  • edited July 2013
    God this kid is such a loser. Doesn't he just make your skin crawl. Tries slagging me off constantly its hilarious, never met me knows 0 ppl that I'm close to in life. But is determined to try and slate me lol. Wonder why, well its pretty obvious hes massively jealous of me wishes he had been sponsored, wishes he didn't sit at home all day beating himself off everytime he gets a reply in the forum to one of his mickey mouse posts. I pity him to be honest.

His only comeback is HU, which is a joke in its self because everytime a 6max game breaks to me & him I play and play and play, he always ends up leaving & usually if hes won a big pot snap sits out. Makes some douchebag class-less comment and leaves.

But he talks on here like he is gods gift, quite frankly I'm embarassed for him. Offshoot comes on repeats exactly what I've been saying from the word go. Smitalos reaction is "Pm me man, quit the accusations" aka please don't tell my new friends what I'm really like & I am infact a scumbag liar that paints a picture of myself to be perfect. its honestly comical.

Some of his statements are true gold "your staked" "you lost your sponsorship" "I got in 99 vs a nit bcos I was chattin on the other table and he defo thought i was tilted" "I think sams the worst player" but when it breaks to HU with him and sam he snap clicks sit out LOL.

WP Offshoot pretty much ended the thread there. 

• edited August 2013
    Smit were you bullied at school? Whiniest kid ever zzzz grow up
  • edited August 2013
    Credit it to you though you are good at one thing, self publicising on a mickey mouse scale.
    beating himself off everytime he gets a reply in the forum to one of his mickey mouse posts.
    Is it just me, James... or have you got a secret fetish for Mickey Mouse? #freudwouldhaveafieldday
  • edited August 2013
    Another one for you to close Tommy
  • edited August 2013
    Another one for you to close Tommy
    Posted by Slykllist
    3rd time lucky? Haha
  • edited August 2013
    God this kid is such a loser. Doesn't he just make your skin crawl. Tries slagging me off constantly its hilarious, never met me knows 0 ppl that I'm close to in life. But is determined to try and slate me lol. Wonder why, well its pretty obvious hes massively jealous of me wishes he had been sponsored, wishes he didn't sit at home all day beating himself off everytime he gets a reply in the forum to one of his mickey mouse posts. I pity him to be honest. His only comeback is HU, which is a joke in its self because everytime a 6max game breaks to me & him I play and play and play, he always ends up leaving & usually if hes won a big pot snap sits out. Makes some douchebag class-less comment and leaves. But he talks on here like he is gods gift, quite frankly I'm embarassed for him. Offshoot comes on repeats exactly what I've been saying from the word go. Smitalos reaction is "Pm me man, quit the accusations" aka please don't tell my new friends what I'm really like & I am infact a scumbag liar that paints a picture of myself to be perfect. its honestly comical. Some of his statements are true gold "your staked" "you lost your sponsorship" "I got in 99 vs a nit bcos I was chattin on the other table and he defo thought i was tilted" "I think sams the worst player" but when it breaks to HU with him and sam he snap clicks sit out LOL. WP Offshoot pretty much ended the thread there. 
    Posted by lJAMESl
    1 'mickey mouse' vid gets you this riled, eh?

Mission Accomplished imo!

Oh and James? While you're on your way to pick up the latest version of "Poker for Dummies", grab a dictionary while you're at it too, yeah? A formal education? The ability to think critically? Whatever works.