You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Head was in a spin with this one

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Forgetting the limp pre (there was a reason). When it gets to the river after everyone stationing the re raise, should I be worried by the paired board?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancecaptmannerSmall blind £0.04£0.04£9.94V3Big blind £0.08£0.12£7.92 Your hole cards67   ynottonyFold    dabossmanCall £0.08£0.20£7.77V1Call £0.08£0.28£7.73V2Call £0.08£0.36£7.60captmannerFold    V3Check    Flop  935   V3Bet £0.18£0.54£7.74dabossmanCall £0.18£0.72£7.59V1Call £0.18£0.90£7.55V2Call £0.18£1.08£7.42Turn  4   V3Bet £0.81£1.89£6.93dabossmanRaise £1.94£3.83£5.65V1Call £1.94£5.77£5.61V2Call £1.94£7.71£5.48V3Call £1.13£8.84£5.80River  5  

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Imo

Pre flop, little point raising an isolating, this plays well multiway so dont hate the limp, but dont make a habit of playing these hands, especially off button. There is just no need to get into often marginal situations at 8nl.

Flop, this is why we want to be playing this on the button. Yes its a double belly buster but the 4h and 8h are not great, plus with 2 behind Im not mad keen on the call. But its not terribad either.

River, would be more worried about a heart, but obv the paired board isnt what we wanted either.
  • edited July 2013

Definatly with 3 other players in!

The board doesn't look like they could have 2 pair, but at this level, many players will call with any2.

Definatly someone is on the flush draw, but with so many any in, there is such a big chance someone was calling with 2 pairs, playing it passive, or slow playing a set badly.

No idea what you did, but i would be check calling/ Folding if the action goes mental on the river.

• edited July 2013
    this is why you need at least a min raise pre
    much less likely the blinds will be in the hand with atc
    such as 35
    v3 can easily have 2 pair on the flop and rivers the FH
    he leads the betting into a multiway pot and doesn't slow down
    if he shoves the river i guess i fold - if he bets i call for pot control

had a situation like this playing live recently
    i was in the blind with my 45
    i flop a fh
    he turns a lower one having limped his low sc in mid position
    when he bets out on the river and i min raise no guessing who is ahead
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks everyone.

I initially had V3 on a set of 3s or 5s/2 pair with the lead out and bet on the turn and knew there was at least a flush draw if not a similar hand to V3 behind. I was sitting thinking no heart no paired board and I go for value given it is 4 way.

I have went for value sooooo many times in this type of situation where someone then shoves and leaves you with that sinking feeling in your stomach where you thought you had the nuts and quickly realised you dont. With the pot so big you are kind of left with no choice but to call (i know a fold is possible, but it just feels wrong lol)

I did go into check call mode and I will put up the results later in case there are any more suggestions.
  • edited July 2013
    We have the nut straight in a limped pot on a paired board. Only V3 is showing any aggro. He's gonna be first to act so I think I'd still call if he leads again. Probably not raising him though. Not overly concerned by V1 or V2. 

If V3 checks to us.....ship it. If he's sneaky enough to check a rivered full house into 3 oppo's then nh gg. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay you off with 9x.

Most importantly. RAISE PRE! :)
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Head was in a spin with this one:
    If V3 checks to us.....ship it. If he's sneaky enough to check a rivered full house into 3 oppo's then nh gg. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1

forgot to include that in my menu
  • edited July 2013
    raise pre

fold flop

• edited July 2013
    raise pre fold flop
    Posted by rancid

Erm?  Why would you raise pre to see a flop where you can make the nuts and fold?

Im not too worried about the board pairing tbh.  If hes got a two pair or a set by the turn hes played it very odd.  Im calling if oppo bets and sticking in a value bet if not.

• ybyb
    edited August 2013
    definitely not folding the flop, on the river you can happily wager all your chippies

pre is a fold though imo!
  • edited August 2013
    maybe i wouldn't fold - idk limped pot 4h8h probs no good - not much implied - 6 outs not got the price

ez fold

• edited August 2013

You cannot fold that flop

• edited August 2013
    You cannot fold that flop
    Posted by Batkin88

yeah u can just click the fold button

with 8 outs you have not got the right price and you'll need to extract at least 32p to break even

if 2 of your outs are dead then the price is worse and you'll need to extract at least 50p for break even

plus you still got two behind they might raise and conditions for an implied pay off ain't that great espcially if 4h or 8h hits.
    I don't think ya straight is that disguised either.

but to hell with it, lets call :)

• edited August 2013

as far as i see it u have exact immediate odds to call 1/2 pot with just the 6 clean outs.. ~25% equity needed - id just bet alot bigger on turn as your also giving each one that calls a better price to re draw .. no other play but to call - bink - scoop - fist pump - next hand -

id never be worried bout the paired board - what house can be legit ? 9's rasie pre - 3's raise flop - 4-5 raises turn - if they fill up on this river then its badly payed but they rarley have imo

• edited August 2013
    Lnarinoooo nice to meet ya w/e but we only paying to see the turn so I fail to see how we got even close to 25%

• edited August 2013
    as far as i see it u have exact immediate odds to call 1/2 pot with just the 6 clean outs.. ~25% equity needed - id just bet alot bigger on turn as your also giving each one that calls a better price to re draw .. no other play but to call - bink - scoop - fist pump - next hand - id never be worried bout the paired board - what house can be legit ? 9's rasie pre - 3's raise flop - 4-5 raises turn - if they fill up on this river then its badly payed but they rarley have imo
    Posted by LnarinOO
    its 8nl ofc all houses are avaliable and we limped it pre too
  • edited August 2013

The implied odds if you hit the straight on turn make sense to call the flop here but fold the turn if it becomes too expensive. You have 5 behind and have put in quite a considerable amount of chips I wouldn't be happy but I still think you should be getting it in on the river. There are a few houses but more likely 9x type hands and busted flush draws.